Airbag dirtbag

Ryanotokyo said:
Guys, girls, you just have to see this. It's beautiful.

http://yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=video&file=airbag.wmv

So now we have found the weak spot in their armour, I want you all to remember the exact point to target. Roger bravo and may the force be with you. The city will be ours again within weeks.
Quick - download it and pass it around before the manufacturer gets wind of it and pays the host big bucks to pull it down.

Can't figure out what the car driver did wrong. He stopped to let the lady cross, and she zings him one. Now I know to look out for nasty old ladies. Then again, I had some experience with one, I was riding my bike on the sidewalk (it's a long story, some places you're supposed to ride on the sidewalk..etc.) and some old crone starts castigating me. I gave her the ****** salute.

-Bikeguy

wow. i didn't know there were that many gullible people left in the world. :rolleyes:

:p

Turn up the sound on your speakers. You'll hear the cars brakes lock up for a split second, and then he starts beeping his horn and reving the engines bollocks off. That's why the old dear zings him.

Aahh.. I didn't think a cars airbag could deploy from a handbag impact at 20 km/hr. Cool.

-Bikeguy

Bikeguy - this has to be in Finland (eikö). ...look at that crosswalk sign and the attitude of the muumo. ...has to have been filmed in Finland.

DCWD said:
Bikeguy - this has to be in Finland (eikö). ...look at that crosswalk sign and the attitude of the muumo. ...has to have been filmed in Finland.

Hahahaha... you don't know how right you are. Actually all little old ladies and men are vicious here. Eikös se ole niin totta, tai mitä? Minulla on henkilokohtainen kokemusta. As a matter of fact, I've given the boot to.. aahh.. never mind.

-the vicious finnish Bikeguy (just kidding)

PS - DWCD do you have a finnish background?

bikeguy said:
Hahahaha... you don't know how right you are. Actually all little old ladies and men are vicious here. Eikös se ole niin totta, tai mitä? Minulla on henkilokohtainen kokemusta. As a matter of fact, I've given the boot to.. aahh.. never mind.

-the vicious finnish Bikeguy (just kidding)

PS - DWCD do you have a finnish background?
I spent about a year and a half there in the late 80's (Kokkola, Kerava, Helsinki), did a semester abroad at University of Helsinki in the early 90's, and did grad school in Tampere '95-'98. ...after a while, I picked up the language. Once, in Tampere, it was cold and rainy (siis, rääntä) and I crossed (from the sidewalk) against the light. An old lady actually called me out and told me to come back and wait for the light. ...I felt so guilty that I actually DID it!

artmichalek said:
Kind of funny, but fake. Very fake.
Please explain. I am intrigued. For a moment, I thought the same when I saw the way the poor old lady jumped, but then I switched on the sound and heard the wa"#$%er blast his horn. I would have lept out of my skin at that too.

My guess is even hollywood couldn't fake a scene like this.

Ryanotokyo said:
Please explain. I am intrigued. For a moment, I thought the same when I saw the way the poor old lady jumped, but then I switched on the sound and heard the wa"#$%er blast his horn. I would have lept out of my skin at that too.

My guess is even hollywood couldn't fake a scene like this.
Airbags are triggered by acceleration sensors. It takes about a 5-10mph collision with a rigid object to set them off. Notice how the car doesn't even move when she hits it?