Airbomb.com: Bad Business. Won't return calls

garider2004

Aug 25, 2005
I ordered a stem from Airbomb.com which they said was in stock. After I paid they said it was on backorder. It took a week longer than expected to receive it. Now I want to return it. I called long distance (15 minute wait) on my dime and left a message with a person who said Beau would call me back with the RA number which is required to return anything. They charge a 15% restocking fee which is lame, but it's in their return policy. I received one return email asking why I was returning it. I replied three times to the email. Four emails and three weeks later. Nothing! No word.

Definitely better places to do bike parts business on the internet www.perfomancebike.com , www.supergo.com, www.jensonusa.com, www.nashbar.com to name a few. I've done thousands of dollars of business with these companies and feel to stupid for trying Airbomb.com

garider2004 said:
I replied three times to the email. Four emails and three weeks later. Nothing! No word.
That sounds pretty typical. I once had half of a big order (about $800 worth of parts) held up because one item was out of stock. Instead of just shipping everyting else with a note on the invoice saying that the other item was on the way, they packed up and shipped one box and held on to the rest. So half of the order showed up with no invoice at all. It took about three days of phone calls to find out where the rest of the parts were, and three more to talk them into canceling the back-ordered item and sending the rest of the order. They seem to have good prices and a solid selection, but their customer service has always been terrible.

I have used pricepoint, performancebike with no hassles. I"ll never use Airbomb again.

artmichalek said:
That sounds pretty typical. I once had half of a big order (about $800 worth of parts) held up because one item was out of stock. Instead of just shipping everyting else with a note on the invoice saying that the other item was on the way, they packed up and shipped one box and held on to the rest. So half of the order showed up with no invoice at all. It took about three days of phone calls to find out where the rest of the parts were, and three more to talk them into canceling the back-ordered item and sending the rest of the order. They seem to have good prices and a solid selection, but their customer service has always been terrible.

Posting this to bump it up to modern times.

I am trying to get stuff from them (US$400 worth). I am wondering if one part is holding up the shipment, as has been said. I cannot get replies from them. They at least have not slugged my card. But it's been over two weeks since my order was "confirmed" and nothing, although I have sent maybe 5 emails. This is not all panic carping. two of them were in reply to their "auto-response"...."confirming" the order. However, _I_ was supposed to be able to confirm the order based on freight, and have had no say.

I was burnt by Universal Cycles (silly responses and wrong / missing components), and now I am PO'd by Airbomb's complete failure to communicate, which I read about a lot..

I am going to try AEBike next. At least they say they will send stuff as fast as they can, and the bits that they can't get will be sent free.

If only I got better results with my LBS, who always costs more and never really gives the right advice anyway.....

Maybe bike salesmen need to join car salesmen?

I've had very good service from www.biketiresdirect.com
They always reply promptly to e-mails and arrange for everything the way you want it, their extremely flexible in this respect.

garider2004 said:
I ordered a stem from Airbomb.com which they said was in stock. After I paid they said it was on backorder. It took a week longer than expected to receive it. Now I want to return it. I called long distance (15 minute wait) on my dime and left a message with a person who said Beau would call me back with the RA number which is required to return anything. They charge a 15% restocking fee which is lame, but it's in their return policy. I received one return email asking why I was returning it. I replied three times to the email. Four emails and three weeks later. Nothing! No word.

Definitely better places to do bike parts business on the internet www.perfomancebike.com , www.supergo.com, www.jensonusa.com, www.nashbar.com to name a few. I've done thousands of dollars of business with these companies and feel to stupid for trying Airbomb.com
They have the same address as beyondbikes .com. They are both losers!

hmmm...I will try biketiresdirect. But I am going to have good look around before I do any more web shopping, I think.

Obviously Shimano does not base its "accredited vendors" on buyer satisfaction! <G>

I'm bumping this thread back up because I'm currently going through a bad time with Airbomb. What a joke. They advertise tons of stuff as "in stock" on their website, then after you place an order and pay, you find out that something is out of stock, with no date of when it might come in. And don't plan on speaking to a half-way intelligent human being if you try to call, and that's if you can get anyone on the phone at all. This is the second time I've been burned by these jokers. (the first time was about 2 years ago, and I'd forgotten about it until now, I won't forget again.) DON'T ORDER FROM AIRBOMB if you want your stuff in six months or less. There's a good chance that what they advertise as being "in stock", .....isn't.

Dr.Hairybiker said:
I'm bumping this thread back up because I'm currently going through a bad time with Airbomb. What a joke. They advertise tons of stuff as "in stock" on their website, then after you place an order and pay, you find out that something is out of stock, with no date of when it might come in. And don't plan on speaking to a half-way intelligent human being if you try to call, and that's if you can get anyone on the phone at all. This is the second time I've been burned by these jokers. (the first time was about 2 years ago, and I'd forgotten about it until now, I won't forget again.) DON'T ORDER FROM AIRBOMB if you want your stuff in six months or less. There's a good chance that what they advertise as being "in stock", .....isn't.
The problem appears to items that are out of stock, I have got good service on items, that have been in stock. But this is difficult to determine unless you try to call them.