Airborne Cancer Virus?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by [email protected], May 10, 2004.

  1. quote:

    the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?

    In other words, how would you like to have a strain of the flu, that
    spreads cancer by sneezing?

    Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus—lymphocytic
    leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    transmission?

    quote:

    Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H. Emerging Viruses presentation,
    1996

    As a Harvard graduate in public health, and expert in the fields of
    medical sociology, behavioral science, and emerging diseases, ...

    ================

    ???

    Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

    Tags:

  2. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: [email protected]
    >Date: 5/10/2004 11:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time

    >the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    >prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    >with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?

    there is no evidence (to date) that ALL is a viral illness...certainly in
    1969...30+ years ago...if this was the case...the treatment of ALL would be
    different in 2004..

    also...there is NO increased incidence of ALL in family members or care givers
    of those afflicted...if it was easily spread..ie airborne..one would expect
    huge outbreaks...

    >Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus=97lymphocytic
    >leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    >transmission?

    firstly...this guy is a dentist!!

    secondly...would love to know WHERE he got the quote that victims are killed in
    "a few weeks"..

    not saying ALL is a fun thing...but the rest of the info sounds like it has
    been disproven in the 30+ years since it supposedly happened

    urban myth??

    hawki.....

  3. Coleah

    Coleah Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
[...]

    Back in the 60's ????
    Any verifiable links to this information?

    Coleah

  4. Peter Moran

    Peter Moran Guest

    "Hawki63" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Subject: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    > >From: [email protected]
    > >Date: 5/10/2004 11:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time

    > >the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    > >prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    > >with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?

    > there is no evidence (to date) that ALL is a viral illness...certainly in
    > 1969...30+ years ago...if this was the case...the treatment of ALL would

    be
    > different in 2004..
    >
    > also...there is NO increased incidence of ALL in family members or care

    givers
    > of those afflicted...if it was easily spread..ie airborne..one would

    expect
    > huge outbreaks...
    >
    > >Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus=97lymphocytic
    > >leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    > >transmission?

    > firstly...this guy is a dentist!!
    >
    > secondly...would love to know WHERE he got the quote that victims are

    killed in
    > "a few weeks"..
    >
    > not saying ALL is a fun thing...but the rest of the info sounds like it

    has
    > been disproven in the 30+ years since it supposedly happened
    >
    > urban myth??
    >

    > hawki.....

    Good points. I am puzzled by the "if it is in print, it is worthy of
    notice" principle that seems to apply within alternaitve medicine. The
    most outlandish rubbish is spread about as if it were true, or might be
    true, or should be true if is not ---- there is something about it that I
    can't quite put my finger on, as I seriously doubt if even many of those
    spreading the "information" about wholeheartedly believe it.

    The most charitable explanation is that there is an element of make-believe
    behind it.

    Peter Moran

  5. <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    quote:

    the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?

    Recombination was a technique that was not developed until much later than
    1969-1970. Thus, this entire note is pure bullshit.

    In other words, how would you like to have a strain of the flu, that
    spreads cancer by sneezing?

    Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus-lymphocytic
    leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    transmission?

    quote:

    Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H. Emerging Viruses presentation,

    A real asshole, just the kind that you would believe.

    1996

    As a Harvard graduate in public health, and expert in the fields of
    medical sociology, behavioral science, and emerging diseases, ...

    ================

    ???

    Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

  6. I'm Googling, trying to find some info on him.

    "He received his doctorate from Tufts University, and was awarded a
    fellowship in behavioral research at the University of Rochester.

    Dr. Horowitz earned a master's degree in public health and behavioral
    science from Harvard University.

    He also holds a master's degree in health education from Beacon College.

    For more than a decade, Dr. Horowitz directed a multidisciplinary health
    center.

    He served on the faculty at Tufts University, Harvard University, and
    the Leslie College Institute for Arts and Human Development."

    ----------------

    Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

  7. Recently, a long article was posted here at MHA. I took this bit from
    it, & am asking if it could be possible, either back-then (1960s & 70s)
    or today, to transmit a cancer virus this way.

    I apologize for not making this more clear.

    When I was in Houston for brief stays (seeking medical care) in 1998 &
    1999, I met a young woman whose husband was dying of leukemia. She said
    the doctors at M D Anderson had told her, that he could have inhaled
    something or been exposed to something once, & gotten it that way. ???

    Also, I read something (a year or so ago), about the govt's developing a
    way to spread cancer (as a bioweapon), by using an aerosol spray.

    So, I was wondering if cancer virus could be made airborne (or if some
    is airborne), & if it can spread this way. [In this discussion, the
    two-week time-limit thing, doesn't matter.]

    Thanks.

    Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

  8. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: [email protected]
    >Date: 5/10/2004 3:18 PM Pacific Daylight Time
    >

    >I took this bit from
    >it, & am asking if it could be possible, either back-then (1960s & 70s)
    >or today, to transmit a cancer virus this way.

    actually Su...my reply still applies

    until there is evidence that cancer is viral..the rest makes no sense

    > I met a young woman whose husband was dying of leukemia. She said
    >the doctors at M D Anderson had told her, that he could have inhaled
    >something or been exposed to something once, & gotten it that way. ???

    Perhaps you misunderstood the interchange....for instance...we KNOW that
    cigarette smoke,,both primary and secondary..can lead to lung cancer...this
    does NOT imply that the etiology is viral...just that the "inhalation" of
    carcinogens..etc are known risks

    >Also, I read something (a year or so ago), about the govt's developing a
    >way to spread cancer (as a bioweapon), by using an aerosol spray.

    again...at this point in time....even if possible...using "cancer" as a
    bioweapon would be pretty useless...as it would take so long to effect a
    population...

    remember the anthrax stuff after 9/11....bioweapons have to work VERY quickly..

    >So, I was wondering if cancer virus could be made airborne (or if some
    >is airborne), & if it can spread this

    a/ no evidence cancer is viral
    b/ thus the rest makes no sense

    hawki.....

  9. Ilena Rose

    Ilena Rose Guest

    On 10 May 2004 22:57:48 GMT, [email protected] (Hawki63) wrote:

    >until there is evidence that cancer is viral..the rest makes no sense

    there is a strong link with some types of HPV and cervical cancer to
    my understanding ... there may well be more

  10. [email protected] wrote:

    >quote:
    >
    >the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    >prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    >with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?
    >
    >In other words, how would you like to have a strain of the flu, that
    >spreads cancer by sneezing?
    >
    >Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus—lymphocytic
    >leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    >transmission?
    >
    >quote:
    >
    >Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H. Emerging Viruses presentation,
    >1996
    >
    >As a Harvard graduate in public health, and expert in the fields of
    >medical sociology, behavioral science, and emerging diseases, ...
    >
    >================
    >
    >???
    >
    >Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

    Yes, Horowitz is crazy, isn't he?

    Just think for a moment. How would Len Horowitz know about research
    which would, of necessity, be done with the highest level of secrecy
    and security? Answer - he wouldn't. He just makes this stuff up.

    --
    Peter Bowditch
    The Green Light http://www.ratbags.com/greenlight
    To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

  11. Ilena Rose

    Ilena Rose Guest

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 20:51:03 GMT, "M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t-May 10, 2004"
    <M.a.r.k P.r.o.b.e.r.t [email protected]> wrote:

    >A real asshole, just the kind that you would believe.

    LOL ...

    Says failed attorney and Quack Flack ... "Marla Maples" Probert ...

    Dr. Horowitz is one of the targets of the Quack Regime ... in fact,
    Terry the Terror Polevoy even took Dr. Horowitz's name and forged it
    in an email address ...

    www.humanticsfoundation.com/propagandistprobert.html

    Here's what I wrote about Dr. Horowitz and The Terror:

    http://www.humanticsfoundation.com/quack-Declaration#1.html

    When I began to read Polevoy’s website, I found it full of hatred and
    hostility to those whose opinions he did not share. I discovered that
    Polevoy has also led a hostile campaign to personally and
    professionally discredit Dr. Leonard Horowitz, a personal friend of
    mine. Horowitz is a Harvard-educated dentist with a Masters in Public
    Health. Horowitz has authored several books, including Aids, Ebola and
    Emerging Viruses, and is a vocal opponent several controversial
    medical practices. In an Internet media campaign that runs for several
    pages, Polevoy writes about "The Trials and Apocalyptic Revelations of
    the Divine Dental Surgeon," calling him an "an evangelical crackpot,"
    and even attempts to confuse readers by taking Horowitz’s name and
    using it in an email directed to Polevoy.

  12. Ilena Rose

    Ilena Rose Guest

    On 10 May 2004 22:57:48 GMT, [email protected] (Hawki63) wrote:

    >a/ no evidence cancer is viral
    >b/ thus the rest makes no sense

    http://www.rdoc.org.uk/hpv.html

    EXCERPT: Cervical Cancer and Oral Cancer
    There are other forms of HPV which are also sexually transmitted, and
    are a serious problem. These are; HPV-16, HPV-18, HPV-31, and HPV-45.
    These cancer-associated types of HPVs cause dysplastic tissue growths
    that usually appear flat and are nearly invisible.

  13. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: Ilena Rose [email protected]
    >Date: 5/10/2004 4:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time

    >EXCERPT: Cervical Cancer and Oral Cancer
    >There are other forms of HPV which are also sexually transmitted, and

    actually you are correct Ilena...forget about HPV

    but it is not airborne...

    thanks for reminding me.....think we discussed HPV not long ago!!

    hawki.....

  14. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: Peter Bowditch [email protected]
    >Date: 5/10/2004 3:38 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >
    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>quote:
    >>
    >>the U.S. Army's 6th top biological weapons contractor in 1969-1970,
    >>prepared mutants of influenza and para-influenza viruses, recombined
    >>with acute lymphocytic leukemia viruses?
    >>
    >>In other words, how would you like to have a strain of the flu, that
    >>spreads cancer by sneezing?
    >>
    >>Can you even rationalize the develop of such a virus—lymphocytic
    >>leukemia, that kills most victims in just a few weeks following airborne
    >>transmission?
    >>
    >>quote:
    >>
    >>Leonard G. Horowitz, D.M.D., M.A., M.P.H. Emerging Viruses presentation,
    >>1996
    >>
    >>As a Harvard graduate in public health, and expert in the fields of
    >>medical sociology, behavioral science, and emerging diseases, ...
    >>
    >>================
    >>
    >>???
    >>
    >>Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

    >Yes, Horowitz is crazy, isn't he?

    No.

    >Just think for a moment. How would Len Horowitz know about research
    >which would, of necessity, be done with the highest level of secrecy
    >and security? Answer - he wouldn't. He just makes this stuff up.

    LOL. Coming from one Peter Bowditch, who has done this very thing over and
    over.

    Hypocrite.

    Rest assured, whoever he is, If Peter is after him, you can be sure he is
    *outside* of organized medcine.

    Jan

    <snip spam>

  15. Hawki63

    Hawki63 Guest

    >Subject: Re: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: [email protected] (Jan)
    >Date: 5/10/2004 6:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time

    >LOL. Coming from one Peter Bowditch, who has done this very thing over and
    >over.
    >
    >Hypocrite.

    you missed the point Janster

    >Just think for a moment. How would Len Horowitz know about research
    >>which would, of necessity, be done with the highest level of secrecy

    THIS is the issue....HOW and WHY would a dentist..albeit an educated one...be
    involved with...in fact..know of...a top level "plan" such as described????

    of course he wouldn't....

    not that you could understand that

    easier to imagine deep conspiracies that include Harvard dentists...eh?????

    sad that

    hawki.....

  16. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I'm Googling, trying to find some info on him.
    >
    >"He received his doctorate from Tufts University, and was awarded a
    >fellowship in behavioral research at the University of Rochester.
    >
    >Dr. Horowitz earned a master's degree in public health and behavioral
    >science from Harvard University.
    >
    >He also holds a master's degree in health education from Beacon College.
    >
    >For more than a decade, Dr. Horowitz directed a multidisciplinary health
    >center.
    >
    >He served on the faculty at Tufts University, Harvard University, and
    >the Leslie College Institute for Arts and Human Development."

    Keep looking and you'll find a lot more. Horowitz is one of the more
    colorful and wide-ranging loons of our time.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  17. David Wright

    David Wright Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Ilena Rose <[email protected]> wrote:
    >On 10 May 2004 22:57:48 GMT, [email protected] (Hawki63) wrote:
    >
    >>until there is evidence that cancer is viral..the rest makes no sense

    >there is a strong link with some types of HPV and cervical cancer to
    >my understanding ... there may well be more

    Of course there are more. Kaposi's sarcoma comes to mind. There are
    multiple oncoviruses known -- the point is that most cancers are not
    known to be caused by viruses. The ones that *are* caused by viruses
    are the exception, not the rule.

    -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
    were standing on my shoulders." (Hal Abelson, MIT)

  18. Jan

    Jan Guest

    >Subject: Re: Airborne Cancer Virus?
    >From: [email protected] (David Wright)
    >Date: 5/10/2004 7:29 PM Pacific Standard Time
    >

    > Horowitz is one of the more
    >colorful and wide-ranging loons of our time.

    Translation: Not a brainwashed ye ole buddy who falls in with whatever
    organized medicine tells the *gang* to believe.

    Furthmore David is a total hypocrite.

    >When you start whining about personalities,don't be surprised that it

    generates comments about your own.
    David Wright

  19. wcap

    wcap Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > I'm Googling, trying to find some info on him.
    >
    > "He received his doctorate from Tufts University, and was awarded a
    > fellowship in behavioral research at the University of Rochester.
    >
    > Dr. Horowitz earned a master's degree in public health and behavioral
    > science from Harvard University.
    >
    > He also holds a master's degree in health education from Beacon
    > College.
    >
    > For more than a decade, Dr. Horowitz directed a multidisciplinary
    > health center.
    >
    > He served on the faculty at Tufts University, Harvard University, and
    > the Leslie College Institute for Arts and Human Development."
    >
    > ----------------
    >
    > Susan, Su_Texas my opinions

    Susan -
    www.hrnjad.net/health/bArticles/LenHorowitzIV.htm
    and
    http://www.mountainbuzz.com/soulboating/wwwboard/index.pl?read=3760

    'According to Horowitz, the funding for the project included a portion
    of the 1970 budget of the United States Department of Defence.

    One of the team members was Dr Robert Gallo, who shares credit for the
    “discovery” of the AIDS virus with Dr Luc Montagnier. Much of Gallo’s
    work was done as part of a semi-secret Special Virus Cancer Programme,
    under the auspices of the National Cancer Institute.

    The National Cancer Institute’s vast cancer research facility in
    Maryland, (which had formerly been the Fort Detrick Hospital biological
    warfare facility), was managed by Litton Bionethics, one of the United
    States government’s major biological weapons contractors.

    The year 1969 to 1970, and Maryland, United States, is a key date and
    location of the search for the origin of the AIDS virus. According to
    William Blum in his book, Rogue State, on June 9, 1969, deputy director,
    research and engineering, United States Department of DefenceDr Donald
    M. MacArthur testified before the United States Congress as follows:

    “Within the next five to ten years, it would probably be possible to
    make a new infective micro-organism which would differ in certain
    important aspects from any known disease-causing organism. Most
    important of these is that it might be refractory [resistant] to the
    immunological and therapeutic processes upon which we depend to maintain
    our relative freedom from infectious disease.”

    All of this has to be seen against the background of a long, sordid
    record of United States government involvement in chemical and
    biological warfare and experimentation.'

  20. Sorry, but I found these links to the healthwatcher.net web site that
    someone forgot to post. I think that someone here is not telling the
    truth about who Horowitz is, and whether anyone should think he was
    acting with a clear mind. His words are clearly full of it, especially
    over the last few years that he spent in Idaho. I understand that he
    now runs his evangelical operation somewhere in Hawaii. During his
    recent visit to Toronto at the Total Health Expo there was hardly
    anyone in the audience to listen to him.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=site:healthwatcher.net+horowitz

    Vera