Airborne

rleite

Jul 1, 2004
My son has been offered the opportunity to join a race team but would be required to buy an Airborne bike. Does anyone have any advice or input about Airborne bikes or titanium frames in general? I am also wondering if anyone has any information on Team Airborne. Any input anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

rleite said:
My son has been offered the opportunity to join a race team but would be required to buy an Airborne bike. Does anyone have any advice or input about Airborne bikes or titanium frames in general? I am also wondering if anyone has any information on Team Airborne. Any input anyone can give would be greatly appreciated.

Is that the way it generally works if you join a team? You buy the bike of your sponsor? Hmmm. I was thinking you would ride your own unless they bought one for you.

I guess that could be pretty expensive, depending on the bike. Titanium frames are very expensive. They are also very light and very strong.

I purchased an Airborne Zeppelin this year and have loved it for racing.

Whenever I've been on a team that required me to ride a particular bike, they provided the bike free of charge (but it had to be returned eventually).