Airless tire impressions

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Phil, Squid-in-Training, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. Somebody mentioned that a company was sending free 1-inch long samples of
    their airless tires. I got mine in the mail last week. Here are some
    impressions:

    Okay there's one: "ow." These things couldn't possibly have any shock
    absorption at all. You would never pinch flat on these things because
    they're very nearly solid. If one were on the track, this might be an
    advantage, but few of us are.

    The two different types they have, safety yellow and black compounds, are
    both equally hard. If you were to ride these, I would bet that they would
    increase spoke, bar, stem, and possibly frame failures. They also would
    probably wear very well.

    --
    Phil, Squid-in-Training

    Tags:

  2. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Lee Lindquist wrote:
    > I got a sample of these as well.
    > Has anyone tried mounting them on a rim. It seems to
    > me that it would be awfully hard to do so.

    It is.
    A customer asked us to acquire one for her trainer. Good
    choice, wears well.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  3. RonSonic

    RonSonic Guest

    I don't do impressions. My training is in psychology.