AirZound3

Aussie Steve

Nov 8, 2005
Bought one of these a few months ago and it is perfect for commuting...pedestrians move quicker than with a bell (I toot a long time before I get to them, plenty of warning)...and good for dozey/dopey motorists.
Only problem is short endurance, only lasts a few blasts. Also if you pump it up the night before, it seems to enlarge the reed inside the horn...
because each blast is preceded by an asthmatic wheeze rather than a full-throated PARP!
Anyone else had this problem?

Aussie Steve said:
Bought one of these a few months ago and it is perfect for commuting...pedestrians move quicker than with a bell (I toot a long time before I get to them, plenty of warning)...and good for dozey/dopey motorists.
Only problem is short endurance, only lasts a few blasts. Also if you pump it up the night before, it seems to enlarge the reed inside the horn...
because each blast is preceded by an asthmatic wheeze rather than a full-throated PARP!
Anyone else had this problem?
nope

works perfectly, retains pressure for many days.

a beauty

Scotty

One reason the Horn might lose its "tightness" (?) or sharpness in the reed, is because these dopey Perth drivers have a habit of overtaking you about 35 metres before a side street, cut in front, and then slow down and turn, and me and my commuting buddy are doing about 35kph so we have to slam the anchors on and I lean on the button for a long blast...makes my buddy freak out, dunno about the dropkick motorist !!
Pressure- Maximum of 8 bar, I don't want to overpressurise, and I have a cheap plastic track pump with a gauge that's about as trustworthy as Johhny Howard...when it says "80 psi" the bottle is as firm as I think is safe, so I stop there

What i do now, is, pump it at night, then turn the valve to minimum (to pinch the tube) to avoid excess pressure on the button, hopefully the reed will regain its mojo

I rang up Fleet Cycles in Wellington St (the former Xtreme Cycles) and in response to my request, they ordered 3 (I think) so they should have 2 more on the shelf.

Even if they need to order one for you, it arrived in-store within about 3 working days and cost me $69.95.
I didn't want to pay that much but after you've handed over the cash...
when you hit the button and hear the noise it makes, it's all worth it....

I rang up Fleet Cycles in Wellington St (the former Xtreme Cycles) on 9481 5448 and in response to my request, they ordered 3 (I think) but now they are sold out.
If they order one for you, it should arrive in-store in 3-5 working days and cost $69.95.
when you hit the button and hear the noise it makes, mate, it's all worth it....

Aussie Steve said:
I rang up Fleet Cycles in Wellington St (the former Xtreme Cycles) on 9481 5448 and in response to my request, they ordered 3 (I think) but now they are sold out.
If they order one for you, it should arrive in-store in 3-5 working days and cost $69.95.
when you hit the button and hear the noise it makes, mate, it's all worth it....
Geez,

Sorry to do this to you but I got mine for $50 at Ashfiled Cycles in Sydney.

You're right about the noise. It scares the **** out of people. :)

Scotty