AIS Doping Victory (French cleared)

Flyer

Banned
Sep 20, 2004
It was all a gross misunderstanding.

Despite finding 230 medical products in sharps bucket. Despite admitting to TestiComp whist denying the horse hormones (eGH) which were found in his room Mark French has been cleared of his 2-year doping suspension. The CAS even ordered his $1,000 fine to refunded.

The EquiGen was not considered evidence becaue the "Chain of custody was broken".

Really, you mean if your Coach, doctor and director physically handle the drugs it taints them?

Leaving the drugs in an office drawer for a month is not consider proper compliance policy?

Were drugs destroyed, was EPO found too?

Only Martin Barras, Peter Barnes and Michael Flynn know the truth about this.

So too do Mark & David French, Jobie Dakka and several other riders named in secret.

Do Sean Eadie or Graeme Brown or Shane Kelly know about what drugs are used in a 'shooting gallery" that is the Del Monte AIS dormitory?

You gotta love a good doping cover up. Even the guilty go free.

I weep for Jobie Dajka--he was the only one punished---an honest man---but he talked to much and nearly murdered the coach. Bummer.

Flyer said:
It was all a gross misunderstanding. ... blah ..blah ...blah...[snip]
You strongly impute that the AIS is corrupt (without providing requested evidence) and now you are imputing CAS is corrupt.

Are you aware of the composition of the CAS panel, Flyer? It is the CAS Oceania division represented by members drawn from countries within Oceania. You may not be aware, Flyer, but Oceania is a vast area embracing a number of nations. Do you really believe the corrupt tentacles (your view only) of the AIS reach out beyond the borders of the Great Southern Land?

That is what your post infers.

Despite your ramblings about matters which your tiny little mind may consider evidentiary, you have no appreciation of the law. The decision was quite clear to a legal person or a layperson. You seem to have difficulty in grasping the principles or you may suffer from that identifiable US arrogance who consider themselves omniscient in matters relating to deemed backwater countries outside the US. That is layperson Flyer has more competence and expertise than qualified and experienced persons in those countries.

You're busted. Impute? Just read the paper, the witness statements and Robert Anderson's report.

Pretty easy math! No tricky calculations.

Your little doping party at the AIS Del Monte dormitory will live forever in the archive of the Sidney Morning Herald.

Horse hormones and Lord knows what other illegal drugs were injected there daily.

When you first attempted your weak denials you asserted that Mark French lived off-campus above a pub. You also swore that no horse hormones were ever found. You also wrongly asserted that taxpayer funded organizations cannot be corrupt.

Not truthful of you whatsoever. That peaked my interest even more. You over reached in your denials. Really pathetic and yet outrageous.

Mark French is a 4-time Junior World Champion and a great end product and triumph of AIS coaching, performance ranking and medical treatment.

Mark's own father, David said that the AIS turns a blind eye to doping. Why would he say that?

I doubt anyone at AIS cycling is blind.

But I'll believe Mark French's father over you any day.

I also believe the words of Jobie Dajka over you.
He said that Australian cycling is drug ridden and corrupt. I agree wholeheartedly. Obviously.

You were dead wrong re: active doping by Australian athletes.

And do not kid yourself, better to be guilty of arrogance or zealouness than of injecting children with steroids. That is pure evil. Defending it, just as if you made up the injection, is unforgiveable.

Anyway, Mark French is free to race again thanks to his coach hiding the horse hormones (EquiGen) in an office drawer for 6 weeks. Poor chain of evidence and poor samples----rotten after all that time.

Surprise, surprise. That's arrogant or incompetent.

Read the AIS report by Robert Anderson. The AIS is a disgrace based on HIS findings, not mine.

Read the Judge's report. It is damning.

Only his conclusion wrongheaded, but political.

The CAS finding was surprising--but they were punishing the WRONG person. It is AIS management that should be sacked--all of em. Immediately and refund all compensation back to December 2003 plus interest. And apologize to the Parliament and the Australian people (despite the many medals)

Jobie & Mark should not be punished---they were just following orders!

Doping is an Australian problem every bit as much a USA problem. You have lots of doping to clean up before you switch gears to Dario Frigo, Johan Museeuw or TDF winners.

2004 was a big year for doping disclosures and the AIS won that race too!

VeloFlash said:
You strongly impute that the AIS is corrupt (without providing requested evidence) and now you are imputing CAS is corrupt.

Are you aware of the composition of the CAS panel, Flyer? It is the CAS Oceania division represented by members drawn from countries within Oceania. You may not be aware, Flyer, but Oceania is a vast area embracing a number of nations. Do you really believe the corrupt tentacles (your view only) of the AIS reach out beyond the borders of the Great Southern Land?

That is what your post infers.

Despite your ramblings about matters which your tiny little mind may consider evidentiary, you have no appreciation of the law. The decision was quite clear to a legal person or a layperson. You seem to have difficulty in grasping the principles or you may suffer from that identifiable US arrogance who consider themselves omniscient in matters relating to deemed backwater countries outside the US. That is layperson Flyer has more competence and expertise than qualified and experienced persons in those countries.

Flyer said:
You're busted. Impute? Just read the paper, the witness statements and Robert Anderson's report.
Every person, qualified or unqualified, who has read these papers do not find what you claim to exist. You have been asked countless times to put up references but you run off at a ranting tangent with more disclosures of "facts." Problem is these "facts" seem to be sourced from your overactive fertile imagination.
When you first attempted your weak denials you asserted that Mark French lived off-campus above a pub.
True. I said:

You refer to the French's AIS dormitory as if it was part of the main AIS complex where all athletes reside and the AIS should have been cognizant of the events occurring under its roof.

NO. This was a small residential building (ex local pub I believe) for the cyclists high performance track unit in Adelaide located close to the Adelaide velodrome 100's of kms away from Canberra.

In response to another post I said:

Nope, never said anything of the sort. You had made statements that French was injecting in a room right under the noses of the AIS. I pointed out to you that the AIS high performance cycling squad train in Adelaide hundreds of kilos from the AIS Canberra complex. French's room was in a former hotel purchased by the AIS as off campus accommodation for the cycling squad. French was an AIS scholarship holder and resided there with other AIS track cycling members.

Flyer, you must need glasses and/or your declining years must be impacting on your retentive ability.

These posts were precisely in accordance with the facts but you seem to re-trawl up your erroneous first false or erroneous claim.
You also swore that no horse hormones were ever found.
You said: One was caught with Horse Growth Hormones and dozens of spent syringes in his dorm room waste basket. He also was found to have Testicomp in his urine.

I replied (not swore): Wrong. No growth hormones were present to be caught in possession. Only forensic evidence of equinine growth hormones. French admitted to taking vitamins and Testicomp. It was never found by way of a test in his urine. Testicomp, on its label, states it contains glucocorticosteroid. Testicomp has been independently laboratory analysed to find it has only minute traces of glucocorticosteroid at a level providing no performance enhancement and below anti doping breach levels. For this reason, I understand, it was taken off the list. This forms the basis of Mark French's appeal.
You also wrongly asserted that taxpayer funded organizations cannot be corrupt.
Never used the plural. My comments were directed only to the AIS when I said:

Flyer, I think you should digest a few facts before continuing on with this tirade against the AIS.

The AIS is a government instrumentality funded by taxpayers. It has public accountability through the parliament. The minister in charge of that portfolio has ministerial responsibility to ensure the public purse is not at risk. If the minister is seen to mishandle or be negligent in that responsibility the Westminster system of government demands a resignation.

There are checks and balances within the system to ensure the AIS is not party to any doping. The AIS has been in operation since the late 70's and has an untarnished record in relation to athlete doping.

If an athlete in Australia is doping, it is certainly without the knowledge and support, tacit or otherwise, of the AIS.
Not truthful of you whatsoever. That peaked my interest even more. You over reached in your denials. Really pathetic and yet outrageous..
Care to now withdraw these statements?
Mark's own father, David said that the AIS turns a blind eye to doping. Why would he say that?
I must have missed his statement. Care to provide us with a reference or will we have to vainly keep reminding you?
But I'll believe Mark French's father over you any day.
Subject to you providing the reference and how you can provide a comparative character assessment of Mr French and myself from behind your PC.
I also believe the words of Jobie Dajka over you.
He said that Australian cycling is drug ridden and corrupt. I agree wholeheartedly. Obviously.
A statement made in the heat of the moment (Flyer, he is known to be temperamental) when he was looking at a lengthy suspension. Subsequently withdrawn.
You were dead wrong re: active doping by Australian athletes.
A statement made in summing up your wild and unsubstantiated claims. Claims that lack reference, evidence and arising from false statements..
Anyway, Mark French is free to race again thanks to his coach hiding the horse hormones (EquiGen) in an office drawer for 6 weeks. Poor chain of evidence and poor samples----rotten after all that time.
Is it too much to ask for you to show us the reference for this "fact"?
Read the AIS report by Robert Anderson. The AIS is a disgrace based on HIS findings, not mine.

You read into Anderson's report (he is a Judge) what no one else could see. Then you said the report was "pre-ordained" from behind your PC thousands of kilometres away. I asked:

Maybe you can guide us sight impaired persons to the chapter and verse. I saw no revelations. By 'preordained' does that mean you believe this was a white wash report pre arranged between Robert Anderson QC, the Australian Sports Commission and Cycling Australia? If so, what evidence are you relying on to expose this corrupt practice?

We never received a reply but you continue on with the same conclusion. Strange. Are you schizophrenic?
The CAS finding was surprising--but they were punishing the WRONG person. It is AIS management that should be sacked--all of em. Immediately and refund all compensation back to December 2003 plus interest. And apologize to the Parliament and the Australian people (despite the many medals)
Maybe you should publish your CV to demonstrate to the forum your legal qualifications and experience to conclude that CAS was in error in its decision.

Veloflash said he read the AIS doping report by retired judge Robert Anderson, all 65 pages.

He did NOT. He just makes up his cover up excuses as he types. He asks for facts and references, then ignores them, preferring to recite a scripted excuse.

David French (Mark's father) is quoted in the report, paragraph #103 He accuses the AIS (meaning Barras, Flynn and Barnes) of turning a blind eye to doping.

I believe him. He would know for sure.

The heroic housekeepers were Debra Stocco and Rhonda Wright. It was Stocco who discovered the sharp bucket loaded with 230 items including horse hormones on December 2, 2003! Lucky for the AIS, the police were NOT called. Michael Flynn was, and the rest is a slow boat to China as is customary with all doping scandals---especially in an Olympic year.

Flynn and Barras never called the police until March 2004----four months later.

I mean, why bother after 120 friggin days???????

Can you imagine that phone call?
Hello Police, we have a doping crime---can you help us solve the crime?---it happened four months ago.

Oh, and btw--we really need to attend the Olympic Games this summer--is that OK?

The AIS staff doesn't even try to keep up a weak 'appearance of propriety'.

AIS National Track Cycling Program & Performance Enhancement program is described in paragraph #7.

Note it is PEP, not PED! You Aussies are so clever.

The failed AIS doping policy is described in paragraph #9. Per Anderson, Mark French attended a anti-doping class under the supervision of Michael Flynn. Maybe a written quiz on horse hormones would have?---nah it's only performance that matters.

Hmmmmm, that was a failure to communicate, eh?

Or did the PEP ranking system trump the anti-doping.

It appears at AIS, it absolutely did.

Paragraph #10 refers to the 'constant monitoring' between coach and athlete re: goals and progress.

I guess 'constant' means, when injecting for horse hormones, Testicomp and other stuff---I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing. Otherwise I am Coach of the Friggin 2004 year!!!! How ironic was that?

Enjoy the read. It is a real hoot. Bob Anderson must be so proud of his moonlighting work. Harvard Law would love to eat this dossier.

Don't believe anything Veloflash types---he is part of the problem, not the solution.

Instead do your own reading and asking athletes directly. Then you can know the truth.

It all began on December 2, 2003, read just below the heart failure death of a former Motorola rider, age 35 Michel Zanoli. More poetic irony?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2004/jan04/jan06news

Then Robert Anderson saved the Olympics and Australian honor---with his witty report findings.

www.dcita.gov.au/?a=16787

Then Jobie Dajka was sold out by AIS directors and he returned to Martin Barras' office, angry and frustrated, and strangled his coach (Martin Barras)
No murder--no OJ Simpson-rage, just a whooping.

http://www.velonews.com/news/fea/8203.0.html

Remind me to never attend an AIS alumni cocktail party. Doping, sledging and strangling. Yikes!!!!

Flyer said:
Veloflash said he read the AIS doping report by retired judge Robert Anderson, all 65 pages.

He did NOT. He just makes up his cover up excuses as he types. He asks for facts and references, then ignores them, preferring to recite a scripted excuse.

David French (Mark's father) is quoted in the report, paragraph #103 He accuses the AIS (meaning Barras, Flynn and Barnes) of turning a blind eye to doping.

I believe him. He would know for sure.
His accusations are founded upon his son being found to be in breach of the anti-doping rules in the decision handed down by the sole arbitrator, Mr Holmes QC, on 8 June 2005. Not from personal knowledge. And how would a father living 100's of kilometres from the complex 'know for sure.' Do you think Sheryl & Kristin are or were aware if LA is doping? Those accusations by his father would no longer be relevant has his appeal was upheld.
The heroic housekeepers were Debra Stocco and Rhonda Wright.
These are the housekeepers of the ex pub (Del Monte) you repeatedly claim I lied about (that it existed). Paragraph 14 of Anderson's report states, inter alia:

In 1992 it was decided to purchase and convert a small 28 room beachside hotel at Henley Beach known as Del Monte to provide residential accommodation for the cycling program and other sporting groups sponsored by AIS, notably cricketers.
It was Stocco who discovered the sharp bucket loaded with 230 items including horse hormones on December 2, 2003! Lucky for the AIS, the police were NOT called. Michael Flynn was, and the rest is a slow boat to China as is customary with all doping scandals---especially in an Olympic year.

Flynn and Barras never called the police until March 2004----four months later.

I mean, why bother after 120 friggin days???????
Flyer, putting you own spiel on events. I quote you paragraphs 99 & 100 on why the police were not called until March 2004 and the outcome:

99. The qualification is this. On the face of it, there was reason to suspect that an illegal activity had been engaged in - the possession and use of a Schedule 4 poison in the form of EquiGen. That was a police matter and should have been the subject of a report to SA Police or to the Australian Federal Police as soon as it was established (mid-December 2003) that equine growth hormone was present. This step was not taken until March 2004. I am satisfied that this was simply because, until then, no one thought to do it. The matter was treated as a drugs in sport issue, not a possible breach of the criminal law. Still, I think a trained and experienced drugs in sport investigator would have been alert to the need to involve the police in the case much sooner.

100. In the end police investigations came to nothing in the sense that SA Police did not obtain sufficient evidence to justify the laying of charges against any person. As it happens I do not think delay was a significant factor in that outcome, in this particular case - but it might have been.
Can you imagine that phone call?
Hello Police, we have a doping crime---can you help us solve the crime?---it happened four months ago.
See Anderson paras 99 & 100.
Oh, and btw--we really need to attend the Olympic Games this summer--is that OK?
Flyer, are you that ignorant that you are not aware of the seasons in the southern hemisphere?
The AIS staff doesn't even try to keep up a weak 'appearance of propriety'.
From where did you draw this conclusion?
AIS National Track Cycling Program & Performance Enhancement program is described in paragraph #7.

Note it is PEP, not PED! You Aussies are so clever.
Cannot see anything sinister whatsoever in paragraph 7. Your paranoia again?
The failed AIS doping policy is described in paragraph #9. Per Anderson, Mark French attended a anti-doping class under the supervision of Michael Flynn. Maybe a written quiz on horse hormones would have?---nah it's only performance that matters.

Hmmmmm, that was a failure to communicate, eh?

Or did the PEP ranking system trump the anti-doping.

It appears at AIS, it absolutely did.
Here is paragraph #9 in its entirety. Show us where the "failed AIS doping policy is described."

9. In 2001 AIS introduced the AIS Performance Enhancement Program which, in the case of cycling, includes a signed annual agreement between the AIS, Cycling Australia and the AIS Head Coach. In its wider application this program delivers administrative and support services to athletes in some 26 sports, I am told, and underpins all AIS planning and performance monitoring. There are biennial reviews of all aspects of the program. These reviews occur in May/June and in November/December of each year. Each review includes a staff survey calling for a weighting by staff of services provided and an evaluation of the overall results achieved by the program against agreed performance indicators. A survey of athletes to ascertain their views is completed annually and included in the evaluation conducted in November/December. Athletes are required to complete a survey document in which they must critically rate the various aspects of the relevant program either unacceptable , below expectations , meeting expectations or
above expectations.
Paragraph #10 refers to the 'constant monitoring' between coach and athlete re: goals and progress.

I guess 'constant' means, when injecting for horse hormones, Testicomp and other stuff---I see nothing, I hear nothing, I know nothing. Otherwise I am Coach of the Friggin 2004 year!!!! How ironic was that?
Where did you derive that conclusion from the report? Or is this comment consistent with your other apparently paranoid and jaundiced views?
Enjoy the read. It is a real hoot. Bob Anderson must be so proud of his moonlighting work. Harvard Law would love to eat this dossier.
You have failed to disclose to the Forum where you consider the report can be faulted to expose your claimed conspiracy between Mr. Anderson QC, Australian Sports Commission and Cycling Australia. You did assert the report was pre ordained and you more recently stated:

"disgrace", "damning", "conclusion wrongheaded" and "political". Flyer, if you make such conclusions at least gather some written debating skills and make precise references rather than the irrelevant hogwash presented as fact.

Harvard Law? Are you imputing that members of the Australian (here read backwater) judiciary do not measure up to US legal standards?
Don't believe anything Veloflash types---he is part of the problem, not the solution.
Hope you are not relying upon your posts to support this statement.

BTW, why are you continuing to ignore direct questions?

There is no contradiction. It's just that you two live in Alternate Universes.

In VeloFlash's world whistleblowers are ignored, discredited and parents of 4-time world champions are pushed aside as well. No respect whatsoever.

Especially if Mark French, David French or Jobie Dajka don't read the prepared script.

Veloflash is an employee and his job is now at risk---as it should be.

Lots of doping compliance trouble at AIS with their PEP. (performance enhancement program)

Soon to be renamed (horse jumping boosts) hjb

Did you catch that there were 230 medical items in Mark's 'sharps bucket' (syringe disposal)

He claimed it was for five riders (that works out to 46 needles per athlete) Getting the picture now?

Thanks for the kind note DS.

Don Shipp said:
There is no contradiction. It's just that you two live in Alternate Universes.

The 2004 Olympic Games were held in Athens Greece.

Veloflash thinks the Australian climate alters the schedule of a 22 billion dollar business.

Better stay away from David French and Jobie Dajka---they might sledge with you.

Flyer said:

Veloflash thinks the Australian climate alters the schedule of a 22 billion dollar business.

Better stay away from David French and Jobie Dajka---they might sledge with you.
I enjoy your posts even more when you aren't talking about drugs. You must spend a lot of time researching this subject, doesn't it get you down?

No.

Just as people enjoy watching Tom Brady become a SuperBowl MVP in a steroided out world of football, or worship the fine works of Tyler Hamilton or Curt Schilling, I enjoy exposing them for what they truly are--and what their industry is based, fraud and deception.

Accepting fraud and human doping does not inspire me. That kind of defeatist attitude would get me down.

Fortunately, I do not suffer that problem.

Don Shipp said:
I enjoy your posts even more when you aren't talking about drugs. You must spend a lot of time researching this subject, doesn't it get you down?

Flyer said:
In VeloFlash's world whistleblowers are ignored, discredited and parents of 4-time world champions are pushed aside as well. No respect whatsoever.
Never made any comments that could be construed as such. In your world all performance excellence is illegal chemistry driven. No one in the existence of the AIS, from within or outside, has blown the whistle on the AIS for being party to preparing athletes with drugs. Politically, there are numerous individuals and groups who would love to see some real dirt on the AIS to close their funding down. There has never been a murmur.
Especially if Mark French, David French or Jobie Dajka don't read the prepared script.
Another asinine statement devoid of a factual source
Veloflash is an employee and his job is now at risk---as it should be.
Yawn
Lots of doping compliance trouble at AIS with their PEP. (performance enhancement program)
If there was you would have been quoting chapter and verse from Anderson's report. Your failure to do so demonstrates quite clearly that your allegations are unsupported.
Soon to be renamed (horse jumping boosts) hjb
Unworthy of comment
Did you catch that there were 230 medical items in Mark's 'sharps bucket' (syringe disposal)

He claimed it was for five riders (that works out to 46 needles per athlete) Getting the picture now?
Arithmetic is irrelevant when the rules of evidence cannot be satisfied.

I'm sure that if you two keep discussing this for long enough, one will come round to the other's way of thinking.

Flyer said:

Why would a person in Australia refer to an event (in contacting police in Flyer's scenario) being held in Australia's winter as attending the Olympics this "summer"?

Flyer, a lesson in Australian culture. Here we do not use seasons to specify time. We do not have huge variations in seasons to differentiate other than, in the monsoon north, a "wet" and a "dry" season. We refer to time by specific months not seasons.

However, that aside, methinks that Flyer was totally oblivious to the fact that seasons in the southern hemisphere, that is outside of USA, are the reverse.

Veloflash can discuss doping at AIS with the alumni--I'll bet that they know all the dirty details.

Maybe Petria Thomas' current depression issue relates from her days on the swim program?

Jobie Daka too?

Sean Eadie three?

Mark French four?

btw: Were the horse Hormones your's then? Everyone carries them, but nobody injects them?

Most reasonable people might think Del Monte AIS dorm residents were injecting illegal drugs on a daily basis. Not necessarily 'self-injecting' either. 230 items is a lot for one person.

The fact that illegal drugs were found in a sharpie bucket---in no way indicates doping. Sure, right, that's logical? yeah, um, sure, gee I guess it is if I am onthe payroll, that is, ah, gee whinney, jump, kick.

You have a lot of doping compliance problems in Australia. But your denial is world class.

Hopefully you will never solve your horse hormone problems, else we won't be seeing you with any medals at the next 'summer games'.

Busted!

Flyer said:
Veloflash can discuss doping at AIS with the alumni--I'll bet that they know all the dirty details....blah....blah..[snip]

You have fully turned on to your raving and ranting mode, a position you customarily adopt when you cannot support your supposedly fact based opinions and conclusions.

You claimed the AIS is involved in corrupt and illegal preparation of athletes and the evidence can be found in the Anderson Report (link provided).

But no, when you were asked to particularise the portions of the report to support you claim you claim the report was "preordained" which one must conclude to be a whitewash conspiracy between those commissioning the report and the Judge. "Preordained" outcome and evidence in the report of AIS complicity and involvement in drugs for their scholarship holders are inconsistent in my interpretation.

Despite this conclusion of preordained outcome you then do a 180 degrees and say:

Flyer, I do have concerns about your mental faculties as you then impute that Harvard Law School could provide findings on the Anderson Report that you are unable.

But not only the system of sports arbitration in Australia is corrupt but also on a regional level when the appeal to CAS is upheld. You said:

I am at a loss to know how a person who wins an appeal is punished apart from your view that CAS got their decision wrong.

See what horse hormones can do?

VF needs some track time---but jumping hedge rows and steeples, not banking.

TestiComp, EquiGen and stimulants is all leads to winning and bi-polar disorder.

I'll check in on you as soon as another shoe drops---that ought to be very soon.

Flyer said:
See what horse hormones can do?

VF needs some track time---but jumping hedge rows and steeples, not banking.

TestiComp, EquiGen and stimulants is all leads to winning and bi-polar disorder.

I'll check in on you as soon as another shoe drops---that ought to be very soon.[/QU

Who cares if everyone is doped up. Let's talk about all the French ass they get. Flyer, when you where a pro did you get lots of ass? If you need some i certainly can provide a few.

Who cares if everyone is doped up. Let's talk about all the French ass they get. Flyer, when you where a pro did you get lots of ass? If you need some i certainly can provide a few.[/QUOTE]
VeloFlash says they get no ass. They do not dope and live like monks.

Monks don't get any ass, right?

The AIS is a monastary, not a 'shooting gallery'

That's what he says.

I say bull or whinney!

Flyer said:
Who cares if everyone is doped up. Let's talk about all the French ass they get. Flyer, when you where a pro did you get lots of ass? If you need some i certainly can provide a few.
VeloFlash says they get no ass. They do not dope and live like monks.

Monks don't get any ass, right?

The AIS is a monastary, not a 'shooting gallery'

That's what he says.

I say bull or whinney![/QUOTE]

Do you guys think Levi is servicing his wife during the tour? I would roast her two dogs over an open fire, then F her really hard.