Aitor vs. Lance

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by C_ronin_v, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. C_ronin_v

    C_ronin_v Guest

    Can Aitor beat Lance? Only expert opionions please.

    Tags:

  2. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    no Jean Marie Leblanc

  3. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    What do you think?

    I will probably have Aitor listed as a "Top Contender" for our Tour de France Fantasy Race and I expect that a lot of people will give him SERIOUS consideration.

    Beat Lance? No. Be a great contender and stage winner? Now, that's a different question! :)

  4. "C_ronin_V" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Can Aitor beat Lance? Only expert opionions please.

    The only expert in this newsgroup is Tom Kunich. He knows everything.

  5. Ken Papai

    Ken Papai Guest

    "C_ronin_V" <jazzy's boss ?? WHAT? @hotmail.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Can Aitor beat Lance? Only expert opionions please.

    Who is the better sprinter? We all know that most Tours come down to sprinting. In fact LeMond
    outsprinted Fignon in '89 by a matter of a few seconds in gay Paris.

    Cipollini, not much of a sprinter, has never won the Tour de France.

    -Ken

  6. Tritonrider

    Tritonrider Guest

    >From: "Ken Papai" [email protected]

    >Who is the better sprinter? We all know that most Tours come down to sprinting. In fact LeMond
    >outsprinted Fignon in '89 by a matter of a few seconds in gay Paris.
    >
    >Cipollini, not much of a sprinter, has never won the Tour de France.
    >
    >-Ken

    Awww C'mon Ken don'tcha know it's a sprint up Ventoux. Hell it's a 3 week sprint just seems to me
    that Lance is the best, non head case 3 week sprinter there is.

    Bill C.

  7. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    > >From: "Ken Papai" [email protected]
    >
    > >Who is the better sprinter? We all know that most Tours come down to sprinting. In fact LeMond
    > >outsprinted Fignon in '89 by a matter of a few seconds in gay Paris.
    > >
    > >Cipollini, not much of a sprinter, has never won the Tour de France.
    > >
    > Awww C'mon Ken don'tcha know it's a sprint up Ventoux. Hell it's a
    3 week
    > sprint just seems to me that Lance is the best, non head case 3 week
    sprinter
    > there is.

    How can a guy with a name half that of a reptile win anything?

  8. easyrider

    easyrider New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2002
    Aitor will probably be considered a "Top Contender" for our Tour de France Fantasy Race and we would expect him to draw SERIOUS consideration. Will he win? No. Can he contend for a podium spot and win a stage? Yes.

    SORRY!!! DUE TO "COMPLICATIONS" I DID NOT KNOW THAT THIS GOT POSTED EARLIER AND TRIED AGAIN AND THEN BOTH GOT PUT UP!

  9. Ronde Chimp

    Ronde Chimp Guest

  10. Chris M

    Chris M Guest

    Sure, but not in the Tour. Maybe in one of the build up races. Tha would be nice to, sa as to give
    some suspense to the race.