Akai Rice

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Cc88m, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Cc88m

    Cc88m Guest

    Does Akai rice actually reduce BG? Do they have an internet site where I can order online? According
    to their literature, you must eat at least 1 cup to be effective, which seems improbable because
    their product is basically a form of rice (or is it????). So if you eat more, you are taking in more
    glucose. Do they sell several different mixtures? I don't have all the info, but heard that they
    have one specifically for diabetics.
    C. C. Chang; more on piano practice at

    http://members.aol.com/chang8828/contents.htm

    Tags:

  2. Julie Bove

    Julie Bove Guest

    "Cc88m" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Does Akai rice actually reduce BG? Do they have an internet site where I
    can
    > order online? According to their literature, you must eat at least 1 cup
    to be
    > effective, which seems improbable because their product is basically a
    form of
    > rice (or is it????). So if you eat more, you are taking in more glucose.
    Do
    > they sell several different mixtures? I don't have all the info, but heard
    that
    > they have one specifically for diabetics.

    Where did you hear this? I've never heard of the stuff, nor have I heard such claims. And please
    don't come back here spamming us under another name and telling us where we can buy this marvel of
    nature. I say this because I don't recognize your name.

    --
    Type 2 http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

  3. Gary Woods

    Gary Woods Guest

    [email protected] (Cc88m) wrote:

    >Does Akai rice actually reduce BG? Do they have an internet site where I can order online?
    >According to their literature,

    The only references I can find describe it as Akai (brown) rice; nothing magikal there, though
    probably a little slower carb action than white. You can get brown rice pretty much anywhere; It's
    all I use, and I get mine by the 20-pound bag at a local Korean/Asian grocery store. Nowadays since
    I watch quantities, it last longer than it used to; I'm inclined to cook a pot and use it for
    several days as my carb with meals.

    Which reminds me of a lyric... spelt as I remember it:

    Aki rice and fish are nice and the rum is good any time of year.

    Gary Woods AKA K2AHC- PGP key on request, or at www.albany.net/~gwoods Zone 5/6 in upstate New York,
    1420' elevation. NY WO G

  4. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Cc88m" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:20040127230643.2[email protected]...
    > Does Akai rice actually reduce BG?

    I don't know, but they make a fine range of electrical adapters for battery powered electronic
    keyboards :)

    Do they have an internet site where I can
    > order online?

    You wouldn't be spamming us by any chance would you?

    According to their literature, you must eat at least 1 cup to be
    > effective,

    I always seem t cut the inside of my mouth when I eat a cup. I know it lowers my BG though, but I
    suspect it's more down to the fact that cups don't contain ANYTHING in the food pyramid.

    which seems improbable because their product is basically a form of
    > rice (or is it????).

    Akai rice COULD be rice.

    So if you eat more, you are taking in more glucose. Do
    > they sell several different mixtures? I don't have all the info, but heard
    that
    > they have one specifically for diabetics.

    Have you done a Google on them?

    Beav

  5. Cc88m

    Cc88m Guest

    First, I apopogize for the piano link below, but I am a piano teacher and spend most of my time on
    music NGs and need the link. Too lazy to keep putting it on and off. If you think I might be a
    spammer, go to link and you can find out.

    Here's all I know. An acquaintance swears by it, and the claims are almost too good to be true; I am
    trying it out (I'm hoping its not some scam or worse), and will post results if worthwhile -- I just
    bot some. The company is Akai, 125 W Main St., Old Town, Alhambra, CA 91801, 626-457-9988. They
    don't seem to have a web site (did a complete google, etc., search -- unfortunately, there are
    electronics and rice cooker companies called Akai, which means "red" in Japanese); I called them but
    forgot to ask about web site because they were REALLY busy, swamped with customers.

    They seem to deal mostly with Chinese clients, imports the stuff from France. Very expensive, almost
    10X regular rice at $150/30lbs. They have regular glucose reducing mixture and diabetics' mixture.

    I also found a "multi grain rice" (pearl barley, unpolished rice, kaoliangricf?????, floxnut, wheat,
    oat, blackrice), which sounds more reasonable -- they claim it as a "balanced nutrition" but does
    not claim to lower BG. From Taiwan. Looks like specialty rices is becoming quite a fad and money
    maker. We all know white rice is bad, but I will experiment to see how these mixtures perform. If
    anyone has results, please post. We will probably get lots of rice info from the orient where
    diabetes is becoming recognized, because rice has been their staple and therefore a big source of
    problems. It's like telling westerners not to eat bread and pasta.
    C. C. Chang; more on piano practice at

    http://members.aol.com/chang8828/contents.htm

  6. Beav

    Beav Guest

    "Cc88m" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > First, I apopogize for the piano link below, but I am a piano teacher and
    spend
    > most of my time on music NGs and need the link.

    Hey, I downloaded your book, so you've no need to apologise for your home-page link as far as I'm
    concerned :))

    Too lazy to keep putting it on
    > and off. If you think I might be a spammer, go to link and you can find
    out.

    > Here's all I know. An acquaintance swears by it, and the claims are almost
    too
    > good to be true;

    And there's a saying: "If something looks too good to be true, it probably is"

    Beav