"Al Qaeda" does not exist

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Awake, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. Awake

    Awake Guest

    I have had more than enough of this big lie. I suppose
    the shit hit the fan with the announced publishing of the
    reputed thoughts of "Al Qaeda", a fictionalized organization
    created by the CIA through their control of Western media.

    When the neo-CONS invaded Iraq they needed to show
    results and that meant capturing the Iraqi leadership, and
    that is what they did with the killing of Saddam Hussein's
    sons and the capture of the man himself, pulling him from
    a small hole in the ground.

    Yet here we are three and one half years after 9-11 and not
    a sign of Osama Bin Laden or his right hand man Ayman
    al-Zawahri. Naturally I mean there is not a sign of either of
    them being captured; the two of them are a constant presence
    in the "news".

    Not only are these two more elusive than Aladdin's lamp, but
    their reputed "Al Qaeda" associate in Iraq -Abu Musab
    al-Zarqawi- continues to issue edicts and threats (or so the
    CIA claims through the Western media) with the same $25mil
    bounty on his head as the Hussein's had to contend with in
    what proved a losing battle.

    How is it that these three "Al Qaeda" leaders succeed where
    the Hussein's so easily -and quickly- succumbed? Who else
    on this planet defies the all mighty Pentagon/CIA monster led
    by the Israelis and continues to breathe air among the living
    and roam free?

    Really now, let us genuflect upon the differences. The Hussein's
    literally tried to hide the very fact that they were alive. For a long
    time we were treated to rumors that Saddam might have been
    blown up right in the beginning, yet his sons were killed and
    Saddam was extracted from a hole in the ground in the middle of
    nowhere in less than one third the time in which the Al Qaeda
    brothers have been staring on international television.

    "Carlos the Jackal" was for decades the most famous and wanted
    terrorist in the world. For decades we not only did not know what
    he looked like but we did not know his real name. Even today after
    Ilich Ramirez Sanchez has been tried in France and sentenced to
    life, and had appeals heard in public most people in the FBI and
    CIA could not pick him out of a lineup without preparation.

    On the other hand, the three amigos of "Al Qaeda" command a
    larger platform than Al Jazeera, but remain eternally elusive while
    this extraordinary state of being goes largely uncommented upon
    by any major figures in the Western "press". You would think that
    by now the heads of literally dozens of agencies in branches of the
    military and Intelligence would have come off for their failure to find
    these "elusive" creatures who seem to hold court at will for an
    international audience every week, yet I cannot think of one dismissal
    for that reason nor cite one major newspaper or TV network calling
    for such action.

    The whole thing bears an eerie likeness to George Orwell's "1984"
    where the population is daily bombarded with supposed edicts and
    threats from the fictionalized Emmanuel Goldstein.

    In "1984" the population is all consumed by the unspoken "doublethink"
    message that Emmanuel Goldstein was an unconquerable enemy who
    the empire nonetheless was daily scoring wins against, not unlike the
    seemingly unstoppable "Al Qaeda" who -nonetheless we are told- are
    losing their battle against us.

    And has any of us ever heard from one of these "senior leaders" in
    "Al Qaeda"?

    No.

    No one ever goes on trial, and indeed we are told that none of them
    will ever be put on trial. Secret military tribunals yes, public trials no.

    So what and who do we have for confirmation that "Al Qaeda"
    actually exists?

    Why "CIA confirmations" through the Western media of course! CIA
    confirmations which are then unthinkingly circulated through the non-
    Western media which causes these poor, desperate Arab and Muslim
    groups to believe that such an entity as "Al Qaeda" really exists, and
    so they pledge their group (or cell) allegiance to a supposed "underground"
    terrorist group and leadership which has an international platform from
    which to speak at will, and the Western media always "forget" to mention
    the name of the local group and simply tell us they are "members of Al Qaeda".

    Amazing.

    How much longer until Osama Bin Laden appears on a box of Wheaties?

    If Johnny Carson were still with us and hosting the Tonight Show I wouldn't
    be surprised to see Osama Bin Laden turn up as a guest host.

    "Live from somewhere else on planet Earth, heerrrrrre's Osama!"

    If Hollywood concocted such a movie it would be laughed at ("Robocop"
    was funny at one time), yet this big lie continues to circulate unquestioned
    week after week for at least three and one half years now, during which
    time the three amigos of "Al Qaeda" have made more appearances on my
    TV than have Jim Carrey, Robin Williams and Adam Sandler.

    How much more of this insanity, how many more dead bodies in Iraq,
    before we all summon the courage to say loudly and forcefully that the
    emperor has no clothes?

    How much longer before that treasonous piece of garbage James Kallstrom
    is hauled before the TV cameras and an explanation for Building 7 is
    demanded of him? When does his trial for treason begin? There
    was more than enough evidence to try Kallstrom before 9-11.

    Then there is the massive problem of "Homeland Security". This is not to
    "protect the American people", it is to protect the rich and treasonous
    _from_ the righteous rage of the American people whose jobs and futures
    have been exported to the third world.

    These are the same people who have propped up a criminal regime in
    Columbia for four decades and are actively trying to overthrow Hugo Chavez
    in Venezuela, even though President Chavez has been honestly elected to
    the Presidency of Venezuela more times -just in the last few years!- than the
    entire Bush family over the last sixty years.

    These are the people who imported 50 million people into America who we
    do not need here. These are the people who deindustrialized our nation.
    These are the people who bombed us on 9-11. These are the people who
    created the fictional "Al Qaeda". These are the people who created
    "Homeland Security" to go to war with us because the scum fully understand
    what they have done and realize their "panic rooms" will not save them.
    These are the people who read the Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence
    as subversive documents.

    You think everything is OK and the media are not "on the team"?

    Then where is Jose Padilla?

    They told you that the Supreme Court said his detention was illegal and thus
    our freedom preserved, but Jose Padilla is still locked up without charges,
    just as he was before they told us this big lie. The Fourth, Fifth and Sixth
    Amendments to the Constitution are no longer in effect, not as long as
    Jose Padilla remains caged.

    And caged is the best that you can hope for in the future unless this thing
    is stopped now. They are locking down the nation within even as the
    Mexican border remains wide open, so easily penetrable that a huge
    dirty bomb could be trucked across that border and delivered to any
    American city.

    And they claim they are trying to protect us.

    - - - - -
    "What opinions the masses hold, or do not hold, is looked on as a matter of
    indifference. They can be granted intellectual liberty because they have no
    intellect. In a Party member, on the other hand, not even the smallest deviation
    of opinion on the most unimportant subject can be tolerated." - George Orwell, "1984"

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    Awake <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I have had more than enough of this big lie. I suppose
    > the shit hit the fan with the announced publishing of the
    > reputed thoughts of "Al Qaeda", a fictionalized organization
    > created by the CIA through their control of Western media.

    <snipped bullcrap>

    Troll.
    Moron.
    Clueless idiot.

    <plonk!!!>

    Om -> Not a republican...
    --
    Om.

  3. tech27

    tech27 Guest

    Not exactly. The theory is that Al Qaeda does exist, but it is made up of
    all those Holocaust "victims" that never really died. And soon it will also
    come out that the 911 mastermind was not the work of Al Qaeda terrorists but
    Michael Moore to provide the basis for his Fahrenheit 911 mockumentory.

    A good topic for discussion at your next Flat Earth Society meeting.

    "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Awake <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I have had more than enough of this big lie. I suppose
    >> the shit hit the fan with the announced publishing of the
    >> reputed thoughts of "Al Qaeda", a fictionalized organization
    >> created by the CIA through their control of Western media.
    >>

    > <snipped bullcrap>
    >
    > Troll.
    > Moron.
    > Clueless idiot.
    >
    > <plonk!!!>
    >
    > Om -> Not a republican...
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
    > Nicholson

  4. You're an idiot.

    Are you suggesting that al-Jazeera is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting
    that the President of Pakistan is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting the
    entire world is a CIA spokeshole?

    Bin Laden has been on the FBI 10 Most Wanted List since around 1996. He has
    been known for years before 9/11. Today, he is hiding out either in Pakistan
    or Iran, either of which has hundreds of very poor villages where he can
    hide and use his millions of dollars to buy the villager's silence.

    <snip rest>

  5. Erik

    Erik Guest

    Unless Osama drives a BMW, I don't see the relevance.

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > You're an idiot.
    >
    > Are you suggesting that al-Jazeera is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting
    > that the President of Pakistan is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting the
    > entire world is a CIA spokeshole?
    >
    > Bin Laden has been on the FBI 10 Most Wanted List since around 1996. He
    > has
    > been known for years before 9/11. Today, he is hiding out either in
    > Pakistan
    > or Iran, either of which has hundreds of very poor villages where he can
    > hide and use his millions of dollars to buy the villager's silence.
    >

    > <snip rest>

  6. Erich

    Erich Guest

    > You're an idiot.
    >
    > Are you suggesting that al-Jazeera is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting
    > that the President of Pakistan is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting the
    > entire world is a CIA spokeshole?
    >
    > Bin Laden has been on the FBI 10 Most Wanted List since around 1996. He

    has
    > been known for years before 9/11. Today, he is hiding out either in

    Pakistan
    > or Iran, either of which has hundreds of very poor villages where he can
    > hide and use his millions of dollars to buy the villager's silence.

    I think all this "Al Qaeda doesn't exist" nonsense comes from the inability
    to understand what Al Qaeda is. Bin Laden is very real, but he is not the
    Dr. Evil of a global terrorist organisation, like the CIA and Bush
    administration would have you think.

    Bin Laden's supposed "organisation" does not have sophisticated underground
    bases or laboratories, like the CIA and Bush administration used to claim,
    as they painted a picture of a Bond-type villain for the public to fear.

    To say that Al Qaeda doesn't exist, is a little bit like saying stupidity
    doesn't exist. It does, and anybody can sign up. Al Qaeda is more a belief
    than a coherent organisation. They don't have a front office or a head
    quarter on the moon, and Bin Laden have absolutely no control over what
    supposed Al Qaeda cells in Germany, Spain, Iran, Syria, or anywhere else are
    doing. Zarqawi recently became Al Qaeda's top man in Iraq, simply by
    declaring his allegiance to the cause. He has not coordinated with Bin
    Laden, nor has he endured the humiliating Al Qaeda hazing/initiation rituals
    most candidates have to go through to become a member :)

    Like I said, Al Qaeda is as real as stupidity is, but stupidity, as
    personified by President Bunny-pants himself, might be a bigger cause for
    concern.

  7. "tech27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Not exactly. The theory is that Al Qaeda does exist, but it is made up of
    > all those Holocaust "victims" that never really died.

    Wouldn't the youngest holocaust victims that never really died be
    approaching 70 years of age by now?

    Maybe it's just me, but I am not sure how much damage a person can do that
    can barely get out of bed in the morning.

  8. Jeff Mayner

    Jeff Mayner Guest

    OmManiPadmeOmelet wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > Awake <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> I have had more than enough of this big lie. I suppose
    >> the shit hit the fan with the announced publishing of the
    >> reputed thoughts of "Al Qaeda", a fictionalized organization
    >> created by the CIA through their control of Western media.
    >>

    > <snipped bullcrap>
    >
    > Troll.
    > Moron.
    > Clueless idiot.
    >
    > <plonk!!!>
    >
    > Om -> Not a republican...

    What the hell does party affiliation, or lack thereof, have to do with
    anything?

    Geeze...

    Jeff

  9. txchou

    txchou Guest

    ....what does it have to do with tennis more importantly.

  10. Greg Murphy

    Greg Murphy Guest

    You are probably correct. The US government controls the media, which means
    it control the mindless population of the USA. Meaning, you can create
    anything you want to justify anything you want to do. Look at who is in
    power. George Bush, clearly the most ignorant, uneducated, red neck ever to
    wonder into power. This guy was elected by a somewhat dumber population.
    Now, given the control of media by the Government, these lemmings can be fed
    anything. And apparently they have been, now look at the mess they are in.
    The country is bankrupt, the government is corrupt, and the illegal invasion
    is still going on.

    Just thank God you weren't born american.

    "Erich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > You're an idiot.
    > >
    > > Are you suggesting that al-Jazeera is a CIA spokeshole? Are you

    suggesting
    > > that the President of Pakistan is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting

    the
    > > entire world is a CIA spokeshole?
    > >
    > > Bin Laden has been on the FBI 10 Most Wanted List since around 1996. He

    > has
    > > been known for years before 9/11. Today, he is hiding out either in

    > Pakistan
    > > or Iran, either of which has hundreds of very poor villages where he can
    > > hide and use his millions of dollars to buy the villager's silence.

    > I think all this "Al Qaeda doesn't exist" nonsense comes from the

    inability
    > to understand what Al Qaeda is. Bin Laden is very real, but he is not the
    > Dr. Evil of a global terrorist organisation, like the CIA and Bush
    > administration would have you think.
    >
    > Bin Laden's supposed "organisation" does not have sophisticated

    underground
    > bases or laboratories, like the CIA and Bush administration used to claim,
    > as they painted a picture of a Bond-type villain for the public to fear.
    >
    > To say that Al Qaeda doesn't exist, is a little bit like saying stupidity
    > doesn't exist. It does, and anybody can sign up. Al Qaeda is more a belief
    > than a coherent organisation. They don't have a front office or a head
    > quarter on the moon, and Bin Laden have absolutely no control over what
    > supposed Al Qaeda cells in Germany, Spain, Iran, Syria, or anywhere else

    are
    > doing. Zarqawi recently became Al Qaeda's top man in Iraq, simply by
    > declaring his allegiance to the cause. He has not coordinated with Bin
    > Laden, nor has he endured the humiliating Al Qaeda hazing/initiation

    rituals
    > most candidates have to go through to become a member :)
    >
    > Like I said, Al Qaeda is as real as stupidity is, but stupidity, as
    > personified by President Bunny-pants himself, might be a bigger cause for
    > concern.

  11. Awake

    Awake Guest

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, "Erich" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> You're an idiot.
    >>
    >> Are you suggesting that al-Jazeera is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting
    >> that the President of Pakistan is a CIA spokeshole? Are you suggesting the
    >> entire world is a CIA spokeshole?

    No, just some TV networks and a few heads of states. This represents
    very, very few people in relationship to the worlds population but
    a lot of money which America controls.

    >> Bin Laden has been on the FBI 10 Most Wanted List since around 1996.

    I never said Bin Laden was not, I said -I thought quite clearly- that the FBI,
    CIA, MI6, the Israelis and the German BND have formed a corrupt,
    anti-democratic alliance which they profit from greatly in money and power.

    On second thought I see that I stated this in another post, in another set
    of groups in the past. However, now you understand my position.

    This practice is known as "bombing for dollars". With the exception of
    Spain (a functioning democracy) the more the "security" services bomb
    us the more money and power they are rewarded with.

    Should not the CIA and FBI suffer greatly financially and their leadership
    be jailed for such failures? The media seem to feel just the opposite is
    true.

    >He
    >has been known for years before 9/11.

    And Bin Laden was dead before 9/11/2001.

    He was probably killed in 1998 in Sudan along with Ayman al-Zawahri.

    >Today, he is hiding out either in
    >Pakistan or Iran,

    As absurd as saying that Oswald shot JFK.

    Your lack of intelligence is to be pitied, not tolerated, but pitied.

    >I think all this "Al Qaeda doesn't exist" nonsense comes from the inability
    >to understand what Al Qaeda is. Bin Laden is very real, but he is not the
    >Dr. Evil of a global terrorist organisation, like the CIA and Bush
    >administration would have you think.

    No Bin Laden is not a Dr. Evil, and he was killed before 9-11. The CIA and
    their partners in what murdered investigative journalist Danny Casolaro called
    "The Octopus" could not allow Bin Laden to remain alive.

    Imagine if Bin Laden had made his way to North Korea post 9-11 and held an
    international press conference revealing all he knows about the
    CIA (quite a lot) and denying any involvement in 9-11.

    Ayman al-Zawahri is even more dangerous in that regard given his
    very high level of intelligence and ability to articulate his point of view.

    >Bin Laden's supposed "organisation" does not have sophisticated underground
    >bases or laboratories, like the CIA and Bush administration used to claim,
    >as they painted a picture of a Bond-type villain for the public to fear.

    Nor do they have television studios to produce video of their great leader
    and somehow smuggle out weekly videos to Al Jazeera while also
    avoiding the most intense manhunt in world history.

    This story just does not pass the smell test. The only people who believe
    it are the ignorant -and well kept ignorant- TV audiences, many of whom
    do not even know that Iranians are not Arabic and do not speak Arabic. I
    have been denounced on Usenet by just such ignorant stooges who think
    of Muslims as a race or ethnic group, Arabic in origin. These Budweiser
    swilling morons actually believe it possible for Bin Laden to simultaneously
    be the most well known face on the planet since Jesus Christ and still
    remain hidden, while simultaneously being an international TV star.

    These same morons also read and watch TV stories about the Pentagon's spy
    satellites having the ability to read license plates from outer space, yet never
    wonder how Bin Laden can be a rock star fugitive with such forces pursuing
    him for three and one half years.

    > Al Qaeda is more a belief
    >than a coherent organisation. They don't have a front office or a head
    >quarter on the moon, and Bin Laden have absolutely no control over what
    >supposed Al Qaeda cells in Germany, Spain, Iran, Syria, or anywhere else are
    >doing. Zarqawi recently became Al Qaeda's top man in Iraq, simply by
    >declaring his allegiance to the cause.

    This person does not exist as a leader and may not even be alive
    any longer.

    Even Seymour Hersh calls Zarqawi "a composite figure".

    - - - -
    "In other ways, too, the operative concept of democracy is scarcely concealed.
    The lead think-piece in the NY Times on the death of Yasser Arafat opened by
    saying, 'The post-Arafat era will be the latest test of a quintessentially American
    article of faith: that elections provide legitimacy even to the frailest institutions.'
    In the final paragraph, on the continuation page, we read that Washington 'resisted
    new national elections among the Palestinians' because Arafat would win and gain
    'a fresher mandate', and elections 'might help give credibility and authority to Hamas'
    as well. In other words, democracy is fine if the results come out the right way;
    otherwise, to the flames." - Noam Chomsky, Z-Magazine, Feb 2005

    -=-
    This message was sent via two or more anonymous remailing services.

  12. The OP might be a troll but it is an interesting topic nevertheless.

    Actually there were a couple of programmes on UK TV the other week that put
    forward this contention that 'Al Quaeda' is not all-encompassing
    organisation and that the way it has been built up and used by governments
    to pass laws limiting civil liberties is quite Orwellian.

    There are groups of terrorists (obviously) but they act independently or, at
    least, autonomously. The US and other governments handed certain terrorist
    leaders a golden opportunity and now quite a few people claim to act on
    behalf of this ubiquitous Al Quaeda.

    Frankly, however much I am acutely aware of terrorism and its dangers I have
    always had my doubts about this 'organisation'. The US and then the British
    forces found absolutely nothing in Tora Bora (or wherever it was they were
    looking in Afghanistan) and there was no evidence of some network of caves
    in the Afghan hills.

    In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
    build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
    nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected. Otherwise,
    digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
    people and that would have been detected also.

    Etc etc.

    DAS

    ---

    "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > "tech27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >> Not exactly. The theory is that Al Qaeda does exist, but it is made up of
    >> all those Holocaust "victims" that never really died.

    > Wouldn't the youngest holocaust victims that never really died be
    > approaching 70 years of age by now?
    >
    > Maybe it's just me, but I am not sure how much damage a person can do that
    > can barely get out of bed in the morning.

  13. Erich

    Erich Guest

    > In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
    > build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
    > nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected. Otherwise,
    > digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
    > people and that would have been detected also.

    Have you seen that hilarious clip of Rumsfeld on "Meet The Press" where he,
    with the help of illustrations that seemed to be the blueprints for
    something out of a Bond movie, described these underground caves, fortresses
    even, with offices, bedrooms, hydro-electro power, air ventilation systems,
    entrances large enough to drive in trucks and tanks, etc, etc. It was just
    nuts.

  14. IIRC they showed a bit of that.

    DAS

    ---

    "Erich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    [...]>
    > Have you seen that hilarious clip of Rumsfeld on "Meet The Press" where
    > he,
    > with the help of illustrations that seemed to be the blueprints for
    > something out of a Bond movie, described these underground caves,
    > fortresses
    > even, with offices, bedrooms, hydro-electro power, air ventilation
    > systems,
    > entrances large enough to drive in trucks and tanks, etc, etc. It was just
    > nuts.

  15. Tom Betz

    Tom Betz Guest

    Quoth "Dori A Schmetterling" <[email protected]> in news:4218c635$0
    [email protected]:

    > Actually there were a couple of programmes on UK TV the other
    > week that put forward this contention that 'Al Quaeda' is not
    > all-encompassing organisation and that the way it has been built
    > up and used by governments to pass laws limiting civil liberties
    > is quite Orwellian.

    "The Power of Nightmares" -- a BBC2 three-parter documenting the
    parallel rise of two similarly-driven terrorist movements: the
    Straussian NeoCons and the Wahabi Jihadists.

    Part 1 "Baby, It's Cold Outside"
    <http://indypeer.org/show_file_page.php?file_id=363>
    Part 2 "The Phantom Victory"
    <http://indypeer.org/show_file_page.php?file_id=362>
    Part 3 "The Shadows in the Cave"
    <http://indypeer.org/show_file_page.php?file_id=361>

    It's a very insightful series, and the thesis as presented does
    explain a lot about how these two terrorist movements have been
    packaged for US and UK consumption.

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

  16. 'Al Qaeda' is Al CIA-Duh. A lot of people are waking up to that fact.

    Name the place where Al Qaeda has struck that wasn't of immediate benefit
    to Bush and the neo-cons who have taken over the US? 9/11 of course. The
    Madrid bombings. The bombings in Turkey when Bush was in the UK. (btw, the
    Madrid bombings produced the wrong outcome for the Bush administration: the
    Socialists won. That enabled the Bush team to spin the tale that the
    Socialists were behind the bombings.)

    Scott
    http://www.911Hoax.com

    "Dori A Schmetterling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The OP might be a troll but it is an interesting topic nevertheless.
    >
    > Actually there were a couple of programmes on UK TV the other week that

    put
    > forward this contention that 'Al Quaeda' is not all-encompassing
    > organisation and that the way it has been built up and used by governments
    > to pass laws limiting civil liberties is quite Orwellian.
    >
    > There are groups of terrorists (obviously) but they act independently or,

    at
    > least, autonomously. The US and other governments handed certain

    terrorist
    > leaders a golden opportunity and now quite a few people claim to act on
    > behalf of this ubiquitous Al Quaeda.
    >
    > Frankly, however much I am acutely aware of terrorism and its dangers I

    have
    > always had my doubts about this 'organisation'. The US and then the

    British
    > forces found absolutely nothing in Tora Bora (or wherever it was they were
    > looking in Afghanistan) and there was no evidence of some network of caves
    > in the Afghan hills.
    >
    > In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
    > build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
    > nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected. Otherwise,
    > digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
    > people and that would have been detected also.
    >
    > Etc etc.
    >
    > DAS
    >
    > For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
    > ---
    >
    > "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "tech27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> Not exactly. The theory is that Al Qaeda does exist, but it is made up

    of
    > >> all those Holocaust "victims" that never really died.

    > > Wouldn't the youngest holocaust victims that never really died be
    > > approaching 70 years of age by now?
    > >
    > > Maybe it's just me, but I am not sure how much damage a person can do

    that
    > > can barely get out of bed in the morning.

  17. I think the terms al-Qaida and asshole are completely interchangeable.

    Well no, that isn't true, all al Qaida are assholes, but all assholes are
    not al Qaida. I think there is an aversion to calling people assholes in the
    media, so they call them al Qaida instead.

    "Dori A Schmetterling" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The OP might be a troll but it is an interesting topic nevertheless.
    >
    > Actually there were a couple of programmes on UK TV the other week that

    put
    > forward this contention that 'Al Quaeda' is not all-encompassing
    > organisation and that the way it has been built up and used by governments
    > to pass laws limiting civil liberties is quite Orwellian.
    >
    > There are groups of terrorists (obviously) but they act independently or,

    at
    > least, autonomously. The US and other governments handed certain

    terrorist
    > leaders a golden opportunity and now quite a few people claim to act on
    > behalf of this ubiquitous Al Quaeda.
    >
    > Frankly, however much I am acutely aware of terrorism and its dangers I

    have
    > always had my doubts about this 'organisation'. The US and then the

    British
    > forces found absolutely nothing in Tora Bora (or wherever it was they were
    > looking in Afghanistan) and there was no evidence of some network of caves
    > in the Afghan hills.
    >
    > In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
    > build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
    > nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected. Otherwise,
    > digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
    > people and that would have been detected also.
    >
    > Etc etc.
    >
    > DAS
    >
    > For direct contact replace nospam with schmetterling
    > ---
    >
    > "Jeff Strickland" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > >
    > > "tech27" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >> Not exactly. The theory is that Al Qaeda does exist, but it is made up

    of
    > >> all those Holocaust "victims" that never really died.

    > > Wouldn't the youngest holocaust victims that never really died be
    > > approaching 70 years of age by now?
    > >
    > > Maybe it's just me, but I am not sure how much damage a person can do

    that
    > > can barely get out of bed in the morning.

  18. "Erich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > In my opinion it would, in any case, have taken years of construction to
    > > build such a thing, with great effort, since it was in the middle of
    > > nowhere. Use of explosives would probably have been detected.

    Otherwise,
    > > digging by hand would have taken even longer and perhaps large groups of
    > > people and that would have been detected also.

    > Have you seen that hilarious clip of Rumsfeld on "Meet The Press" where

    he,
    > with the help of illustrations that seemed to be the blueprints for
    > something out of a Bond movie, described these underground caves,

    fortresses
    > even, with offices, bedrooms, hydro-electro power, air ventilation

    systems,
    > entrances large enough to drive in trucks and tanks, etc, etc. It was just
    > nuts.

    Relatively easy to do if keeping them secret was not an objective.

    We have our entire missile defense infrastructure housed underground, what
    makes you think that only Americans know how to dig a tunnel complex? It is
    absurd to suggest that hiding stuff in tunnels and caves is nuts.

  19. Erich

    Erich Guest

    > Relatively easy to do if keeping them secret was not an objective.
    >
    > We have our entire missile defense infrastructure housed underground, what
    > makes you think that only Americans know how to dig a tunnel complex? It

    is
    > absurd to suggest that hiding stuff in tunnels and caves is nuts.

    If you had seen the clip and the illustrations of these supposed underground
    fortresses, you would know how absurd it was.

  20. "Erich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > > Relatively easy to do if keeping them secret was not an objective.
    > >
    > > We have our entire missile defense infrastructure housed underground,

    what
    > > makes you think that only Americans know how to dig a tunnel complex? It

    > is
    > > absurd to suggest that hiding stuff in tunnels and caves is nuts.

    > If you had seen the clip and the illustrations of these supposed

    underground
    > fortresses, you would know how absurd it was.

    I think I did see them. I saw something about the caves when we first went
    into Afghanistan. I think the discussion was theoretical though, not an
    acutal description of what they thought they would find. What they thought
    they might find.

    Theoretically there is no reason to think that somebody might dig out the
    inside of a mountain. We did, and there are certainly other examples of
    where others have done it.