Al Troutwad

Eilert Pilarm

Sep 19, 2005
I'm a huge fan of big Al....I'd love to see him tortured to a slow death.

ok all kidding aside, he must have signed a great deal with the devil to get the cherry gigs he gets.
After all these years, and he is still more retarded than Forrest Gump when it comes to cycling.

Just today he wondered how Michael Rasmussen could be a good climber, "because he's so skinny"

unbelievable.

You could pull out a couple of good ones every day from trautface.

One day he mentioned the TdF began in "Northeast Europe"

He thinks Johann Bruyneel is Dutch

bring back Kirsten Gum and let her share the set with Bobke (who is always great, and makes hilarious adverts). At least SHE has two assets worth watching. Between her and Al you have the smarts of a box of cotton balls, but she wins on looks. Not that Al isn't dreamy, nttawwt, i'm just sayin'...

He is madly in love with Lance. :ance is all he mentions. This is the one guy I cannot defend on OLN.

He uses a tanning bed too...

Eilert Pilarm said:
Just today he wondered how Michael Rasmussen could be a good climber, "because he's so skinny"
In fairness, what he said is that "He doesn't look like the kind of a guy that is a King of the Mountain". I took it that he was referring to the general public's idea of "King of the Mountain" which would be a "big/strong" guy. I think it was a poor attempt at humor.

Incidentally, I'm not a fan of him.. I just think you misunderstood that particular comment.

I heard Troutwig doing the commentary for cross country skiing during the winter olympics. He did the exact same schtick: he played the moron and some former skier explained everything.

But I agree with everyone else. Troutwig is terrible. Awful. Painful. Listening to him is misery.

Al Trautwig is and idiot... and he's a loudmouth... I can't stand him... It wouldn't be so bad if he was being an idiout as part of his schtick... but no... he's just a friggin idiot.

Somedays... I swear if Bobke wasn't sitting between them on the show, Paul Sherwen would have reached over and punched his face in.

tcklyde said:
I heard Troutwig doing the commentary for cross country skiing during the winter olympics. He did the exact same schtick: he played the moron and some former skier explained everything.

But I agree with everyone else. Troutwig is terrible. Awful. Painful. Listening to him is misery.
agreeden---and I can't stand the FIS commenatators who, along with him, absolutely MURDER the pronunciation of athlete names.

they don't even make an attempt to do their homework it seems.

Scandinavian athletes all of a sudden get names pronounced as though they were f*ckin' German

idiots

Mansmind said:
Incidentally, I'm not a fan of him.. I just think you misunderstood that particular comment.
you could be right about that....

but with Rasmussen being a big part of the past two tours at least, a less-lazy commentator could have at least said something positive about Michael's climbing prowess or how the Danes ''affectionately'' refer to him as 'KYLLING' (chicken)

if Rasmussen only learned how to TT...he'd podie in the TdF.

Eilert Pilarm said:
you could be right about that....

but with Rasmussen being a big part of the past two tours at least, a less-lazy commentator could have at least said something positive about Michael's climbing prowess or how the Danes ''affectionately'' refer to him as 'KYLLING' (chicken)

if Rasmussen only learned how to TT...he'd podie in the TdF.
yep, I agree. What he said "could" have been funny, but he would have needed to play it a lot differently.

Mansmind said:
In fairness, what he said is that "He doesn't look like the kind of a guy that is a King of the Mountain". I took it that he was referring to the general public's idea of "King of the Mountain" which would be a "big/strong" guy. I think it was a poor attempt at humor.

Maybe he is also in love with Cippolini.