Alarming results!

thecyclist

Aug 30, 2006
The TT was dominated by the two teams where we know for sure that the team managers are involved in doping. Hardly a coincidence.

1 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team
2 Cadel Evans (Aus) Predictor - Lotto 0.51
3 Vladimir Karpets (Rus) Caisse d'Epargne 1.56
4 Yaroslav Popovych (Ukr) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 2.01
5 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 2.18
6 José Ivan Gutierrez Palacios (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 2.27
7 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team 2.33
8 Oscar Pereiro Sio (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 2.36

thecyclist said:
The TT was dominated by the two teams where we know for sure that the team managers are involved in doping. Hardly a coincidence.

And then to cap it off you have Carmichael saying on Pezcyclingnews that it been one of the best recent tours. The way Levi sounded after it was as if he doesn't know there is a doping problem:confused:

thecyclist said:

...at two speeds.

Perhaps all those names should be in bold, might as well be realistic. I do see your point however.

Still, it's been the most competative tour I've seen in last several years. I believe I heard that there has never been a top 3 time spread like we have now? 31 sec.? That's good bike racing guys, as well as a general indicator that things are at least.. more equal.

Mansmind said:
Perhaps all those names should be in bold, might as well be realistic. I do see your point however.

Still, it's been the most competative tour I've seen in last several years. I believe I heard that there has never been a top 3 time spread like we have now? 31 sec.? That's good bike racing guys, as well as a general indicator that things are at least.. more equal.
i wouldnt say it is more equal when you dq riders who are arguably of superior quality...

Mansmind said:

Fixed to appear equal.

Baseball is a master of event outcomes too.

All sports can be helped, fixed or juiced for a close finale. It's very easy.

Klodifan said:
i wouldnt say it is more equal when you dq riders who are arguably of superior quality...
Superior quality.....dopers?

Actually not, since they got caught. ;)

Before everyone goes flaming me, I AM AWARE that Ras didn't test positive. He only went faster than Lance up the Col D'Aubisque, which by the standards of this forum make him the dirtiest cheater that ever lived. :p

Doctor.House said:
Fixed to appear equal.

Have you contacted Oliver Stone about this?

Klodifan said:
You mean like last year also? You and most on this forum have determined that everyone is doping.. so what is your point? Let's pretend they are, or for that matter pretend they're not. Doesn't matter, it doesn't change my point.

THIS is the most competitive tour I've seen in recent years, regardless of how it got that way. As a fan of bicycle racing, I find it "better", more fun to watch.

Mansmind said:
You mean like last year also? You and most on this forum have determined that everyone is doping.. so what is your point? Let's pretend they are, or for that matter pretend they're not. Doesn't matter, it doesn't change my point.

THIS is the most competitive tour I've seen in recent years, regardless of how it got that way. As a fan of bicycle racing, I find it "better", more fun to watch.
You were tricked into that belief.

As Nike well knows: It is not a lie, if you believe it to be true!

Doctor.House said:
Fixed to appear equal.
perhaps, if so...it's worked very well

Really? Gee, thank you for enlightening me.. I don't think I'd ever considered that before. Do you really think there is anyone on this forum (posting or not) that hasn't considered that?

Incidentally, did I say anything at all about baseball? I don't even like baseball enough to watch it regularly. When I do see it, the discussion is about Bonds which makes me care even less.

Nice to meet you Doc. :)

Doctor.House said:
You were tricked into that belief.

As Nike well knows: It is not a lie, if you believe it to be true!
I was tricked into WHAT belief??!! lol Read the times, it's more competitive..period. If you don't like that fine, doesn't make any difference to me. It IS better racing however...in my opinion.

John

Mansmind said:
I was tricked into WHAT belief??!! lol Read the times, it's more competitive..period. If you don't like that fine, doesn't make any difference to me. It IS better racing however...in my opinion.

John
Fooled you again MM. New sentence.

Nike wins.

You lose.

LIVE WRONG!

It ain't competitive when the TV freak show is missing:
Ulrich, DiLuca, Mazzoleni, Basso, Vino, Rasmussen, Hamilton and Roid Landis.

Doctor.House said:
Fooled you again MM. New sentence.

Nike wins.

You lose.

LIVE WRONG!

It ain't competitive when the TV freak show is missing:
Ulrich, DiLuca, Mazzoleni, Basso, Vino, Rasmussen, Hamilton and Roid Landis.
Umm.. yeah. Like I said, it's a better race. Regardless of how it got to be that way. Is that so difficult for you understand?

I see Lance certainly created a love relationship with you. It's been two years and you're still talking about him. Doesn't matter whether you love him or love to hate him...you're doing one or the other. :)

Mansmind said:

this tour has been more interesting, for sure. but equaling? hardly.

Klodifan said:
this tour has been more interesting, for sure. but equates? hardly.
You'll notice I used the word "more" in my original statement. I never implied it was equal. It's not even equal if there were NO doping. People have different abilities. It's more interesting because it's the abilities (minus those dq'd), are more equal. It's more competitive. :)