Mountain Bikes · Public discussion

Alaska: Resurrection Pass - Anyone done it?

Started by Slash · · Last activity · 5 posts · 620 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Mountain Bikes
Published
6 August 2003
Last activity
16 August 2003
Original author
Slash
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
620
Views / 30 days
2

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I'm trying to feel out this trail, a friend and I are planning on doing it in a week or so. Has
    anyone else here ridden the trail? I've been doing some Google searching in addition to looking
    stuff up in books and asking around, hopefully I can gather more information in the next few days to
    get a better feel for what the trip'll entail.

    One page I found just touched on some parts of it, with some pictures and entertaining captions.

    stephenmason.comalaska2.html

    From what I gather, depending on what route you take (north half, south half), what you explore and
    which direction you ride, it can take anywhere from 5 hours to a few days. Any first hand accounts
    would be great, or even general full-day bike trip tips.

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  2. "Slash" <[email hidden]> wrote in message "]news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    I'm trying to feel out this trail, a friend and I are planning on doing it in a week or so. Has
    anyone else here ridden the trail? I've been doing some Google searching in addition to looking
    stuff up in books and asking around, hopefully I can gather more information in the next few days
    to get a better feel for what the trip'll entail.

    One page I found just touched on some parts of it, with some pictures and entertaining captions.

    stephenmason.comalaska2.html

    From what I gather, depending on what route you take (north half, south half), what you explore
    and which direction you ride, it can take anywhere from 5 hours to a few days. Any first hand
    accounts would be great, or even general full-day bike trip tips.

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

    check the listing at mtbr.com/trails. Har har.

    (sorry I can't be more useful at the moment)

    penny

  3. On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 10:30:01 -0700, "Penny S." <[email hidden]> scribbled:

    Quoted message said:

    check the listing at mtbr.com/trails. Har har.

    (sorry I can't be more useful at the moment)

    penny

    Yeah, did that. Admittedly, it wasn't as dreadful as I'd anticipated, but it was still pretty
    generalized stuff. "Top ten trail by MBA Mag!!!1" may be true, but it doesn't detail much. I have a
    feeling I'll be winging it for 40 miles. 🙂

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

  4. Slash - if it's not too late, there is a short articule on Resurrection Pass and other trails in The
    Kenai in the latest "Singletracks" mag (NEMBA) If ya want, emila me and I'll scan the pages for you.

    Steve

  5. On 11 Aug 2003 21:09:59 GMT, [email hidden] (Stephen Baker) scribbled:

    Quoted message said:

    Slash - if it's not too late, there is a short articule on Resurrection Pass and other trails
    in The Kenai in the latest "Singletracks" mag (NEMBA) If ya want, emila me and I'll scan the
    pages for you.

    Steve

    Though the ride's been (more or less) done, I'd really appreciate it if you could send those over to
    psbsd @ uaa dot alaska dot edu - I ended up not being able to do the entire length of the trail and
    would like to go back some day soon and finish it up properly. 🙂

    Thanks!

    I'll see if I can throw together some sort of ride report, although there's not much to say about
    it, surprisingly. Or maybe the words haven't formed yet. 🙂

    -Slash
    --
    "Ebert Victorious"

    - The Onion

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.