Alcohol and spelings

M

Mike Baldwin Ph

damn, this beer (proper ENGLISH beer), seems to be affecting my spalling - see below post.

God this new group seemd to be all mine.

FINALLY THE POWER AND THE CONTROL THAT I'VE WAITED FOR.

Not so fast, buck-o. You still have to deal with me. Name your race. I'll smoke you like a cheap
cigarette.

Harry

[email protected] (Mike Baldwin Phd) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> damn, this beer (proper ENGLISH beer), seems to be affecting my spalling - see below post.
>
>
> God this new group seemd to be all mine.
>
> FINALLY THE POWER AND THE CONTROL THAT I'VE WAITED FOR.

[email protected] (Mike Baldwin Phd) wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> I admire your courage, but his guy won't reveal any sort of permanent email address, nor will he
> engage in honest competition. I spent years dealing with this type with phone companies in network
> security. You can eventually trace his ISP in the UK, and then to a real phone, and then have him
> arrested or at least sued in civil court. This will require someone in the UK to work with the
> authorities. I'm hoping there are some real British triathletes who will might take this upon
> themselves.
>
> If this were a website of a real corporation or organization, you could attack it, because they
> need to "be" somewhere, but this person is in fact "nowhere."

Not quite...

> I'm afraid this internet identity crisis is
> symbolic of his own internal emptiness.
>
> It's a shame we can't get him some psychological counseling, or perhaps a steady girlfriend,
> because he needs that more than triathlon or newsgroups.
>

He's posting from: 81.131.90.21 which is: dial81-131-90-21.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date and
time: 8 Mar 2003 13:32:27 -0800

also: 213.122.239.129 Which is: host213-122-239-129.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date and time: 8
Mar 2003 14:51:24 -0800

Now, when I was a network admin here in the US, one of our employees received a threatening email.
Using information like that posted above, we contacted the sender's ISP and asked them to save
their access server logs. Then we involved the authorities, who issued a subpoena for the name and
account information of the user dialed in to that IP address at that time. The information was then
released to the police, who visited this peron in uniform at his place of employment. They then
told the person he'd threatened his identity (for their own protection). This person also
complained to the sender's employer, since he'd been dialed in to the internet from his office
during business hours. He ended up writing a formal letter of apology and "resigning" from his
position by the end of the week.

In order for the police to be involved, the posting has to (1) volate the law and (2) be in their
jursdiction. I don't think the law has been broken, and I certainly don't know any police with
jursdiction in England.

Another way to obtain these records via subpoena in the US is to sue. Not sure how that works in the
UK either.

Yet another option is to share his behaviour (UK spelling!) with his ISP. Here's their Usenet
Acceptable use policy:

> USENET - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Introduction
>
> Participating successfully in the various newsgroups that make up the Usenet news system is mostly
> a matter of common sense and extending courtesy to other participants. The vast majority of BT's
> customers understand what is appropriate and will have no difficulties in conforming to this AUP.
>
> Regrettably, there are occasions when unacceptable ( abusive ) articles are posted. For some
> examples of what is considered "abuse" please see the sections titled; "A guide to avoiding USENET
> abuse " and "Example Newsgroup charter ".
>
> This Usenet AUP is based on current "best Internet industry practice" and draws on the collective
> experience of Usenet users, service providers and the owners and administrators of computer
> networks which are used to exchange Usenet articles across the Internet community.
>
> Although it is not always obvious whether abuse is innocent, inadvertent or intentional, you must
> not post articles which cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to other participants.
>
> Always remember that what is acceptable in one part of the world may be regarded as offensive in
> another. Since the Internet links many different countries great care must be taken to avoid
> giving offence. The right to freedom of expression is recognised and healthy debate is encouraged.
> However, inflammatory language is not necessary to express strongly held views. What Action Will
> BT Take?
>
> BT will not tolerate abusive behaviour by its customers, which could adversely affect other
> Internet users or jeopardise BT's position within the Usenet community.
>
> Compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy is a contractual requirement. If you fail to do so,
> your service may be suspended or terminated.
>
> The offending material may be removed without prior notice/explanation. Customers who engage in
> abusive behaviour will be notified that their behaviour is unacceptable and may have their
> accounts suspended or terminated if such behaviour continues. Account Restoration
>
> A suspended account may be restored, at BT's sole discretion, upon receipt of a written
> undertaking by the abuser not to post any further abusive articles. All cases are, however,
> considered by BT on their individual merits.

To complain directly to his ISP about abusive behaviour, see:

http://www.btopenworld.com/helpnb/contactus/security

Be sure include at least one of his messages, and include all of the message headers.

Won't his daddy be mad when his btopenworld account is suspended because of little ecce's antics?

Happy troll slaying, all!

Tom

>He's posting from: 81.131.90.21 which is: dial81-131-90-21.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date and
>time: 8 Mar 2003 13:32:27 -0800

dum-dee-dum

>also: 213.122.239.129 Which is: host213-122-239-129.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date and time:
>8 Mar 2003 14:51:24 -0800

blah, blah, blah, blah

>Now, when I was a network admin here in the US, one of our employees received a threatening email.

I have NOT threatened ANYONE

>Using information like that posted above, we contacted the sender's ISP and asked them to save
>their access
server
>logs. Then we involved the authorities, who issued a subpoena for the name and account information
>of the user dialed in to that IP address
at
>that time. The information was then released to the police, who
visited
>this peron in uniform at his place of employment. They then told the person he'd threatened his
>identity (for their own protection).

That last sentence doesn't make sense "...he'd threatened his identity....." ??????

>This person also complained to the sender's employer, since he'd been
dialed
>in to the internet from his office during business hours. He ended up writing a formal letter of
>apology and "resigning" from his position
by
>the end of the week.

I don't know how to write letters.

I don't have a position to resign from.

>In order for the police to be involved, the posting has to (1) volate the law and (2) be in their
>jursdiction. I don't think the law has
been
>broken, and I certainly don't know any police with jursdiction in England.

I HAVE NOT BROKEN ANY LAWS.

INFACT, IF YOU HAVE READ MY LEGAL DISCLAIMERS, AND ANY LETTER OF ANY WORD IN ANY OF MY MESSAGES EVER
POSTED FROM THE ABOVE MENTIONED IP ADDRESS YOU HAVE ENTERED INTO AN ELECTRONIC, LEGALLY BINDING
CONTRACT THAT VOIDS YOUR RIGHT TO TAKE LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ME FOR ANY MATERIAL POSTED IN ANY ANY
MESSAGE IN ANY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. so there ! Ha !

>Another way to obtain these records via subpoena in the US is to sue. Not sure how that works in
>the UK either.

It doesn't - there is no such stupid "law"

>Yet another option is to share his behaviour (UK spelling!) with his ISP. Here's their Usenet
>Acceptable use policy:

> USENET - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Introduction
>
> Participating successfully in the various newsgroups that make up the Usenet news system is mostly
> a matter of common sense and extending courtesy to other participants. The vast majority of BT's
> customers understand what is appropriate and will have no difficulties in conforming to this AUP.
>
> Regrettably, there are occasions when unacceptable ( abusive ) articles are posted. For some
> examples of what is considered "abuse" please see the sections titled; "A guide to avoiding USENET
> abuse " and "Example Newsgroup charter ".
>
> This Usenet AUP is based on current "best Internet industry practice" and draws on the collective
> experience of Usenet users, service providers and the owners and administrators of computer
> networks which are used to exchange Usenet articles across the Internet community.
>
> Although it is not always obvious whether abuse is innocent, inadvertent or intentional, you must
> not post articles which cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to other participants.
>
> Always remember that what is acceptable in one part of the world may be regarded as offensive in
> another. Since the Internet links many different countries great care must be taken to avoid
> giving offence. The right to freedom of expression is recognised and healthy debate is encouraged.
> However, inflammatory language is not necessary to express strongly held views. What Action Will
> BT Take?
>
> BT will not tolerate abusive behaviour by its customers, which could adversely affect other
> Internet users or jeopardise BT's position within the Usenet community.
>
> Compliance with this Acceptable Use Policy is a contractual requirement. If you fail to do so,
> your service may be suspended or terminated.
>
> The offending material may be removed without prior notice/explanation. Customers who engage in
> abusive behaviour will be notified that their behaviour is unacceptable and may have their
> accounts suspended or terminated if such behaviour continues. Account Restoration
>
> A suspended account may be restored, at BT's sole discretion, upon receipt of a written
> undertaking by the abuser not to post any further abusive articles. All cases are, however,
> considered by BT on their individual merits.

>To complain directly to his ISP about abusive behaviour, see:

>I seem to be missing an aweful lot here - WHAT ABUSIVE BEHAVIOUR ?

>To whom have I caused abuse ?

>http://www.btopenworld.com/helpnb/contactus/security

>Be sure include at least one of his messages, and include all of the message headers.

>Won't his daddy be mad when his btopenworld account is suspended
because
>of little ecce's antics?

DUHHHHHHHHHH, can't I just sign up with another usenet provider ?

What about if I start posting from my local library - they have over 50 computers there.

Can't I use my brother's computer?

Or my sister's computer?

Or my cat's computer?

or my dog's computer?

>Happy troll slaying, all!

BT may well kick my ass, but I don't care because they are a bunch of idiots anyway - plus I doubt
if they will because they're strapped for cash.

"Tom Henderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> He's posting from: 81.131.90.21 which is: dial81-131-90-21.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date
> and time: 8 Mar 2003 13:32:27 -0800 also: 213.122.239.129 Which is:
> host213-122-239-129.in-addr.btopenworld.com at this date and time: 8 Mar 2003 14:51:24 -0800

Well done. You can use the 'properties' tab and 'ping'.

> > USENET - Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) Introduction

<snipped BT AUP>

A few abuse reports will probably work. BT have a fairly tight policy on this sort of thing.
However, all you'll do is to drive 'ecce' into setting up a chain of remailers, point him towards
www.rosstech.b0x.com where he can read how oher trolls work, and become A LOT more proficient as a
troll than he is now.

The ONLY advice that works is the oft-quoted 'ignore the troll', yet few can resist, Ah well, that's
life. Nothing's perfect.

Roger.