Alcohol's Effect on Heart?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by jaym1212, Dec 16, 2004.

  1. jaym1212

    jaym1212 Guest

    Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed (upto a glass of cabernet
    sauvignon or 2 cans of low-carb beer) during dinner, I get the
    following range of symptoms the next morning when waking up:

    1. Dark circles below eyes.
    2. Moderately elevated heart rate.
    3. Elevated and pounding heart rate.
    4. All the above and wake up earlier than ususual
    (sometimes as early as 3AM).

    What is the mechanism for the above effects? What should I modify to
    get benefits of alcohol consumption without harm?

    Tags:

  2. Succorso

    Succorso Guest

    jaym1212 wrote:
    > Depending on the amount of alcohol consumed (upto a glass of cabernet
    > sauvignon or 2 cans of low-carb beer) during dinner, I get the
    > following range of symptoms the next morning when waking up:
    >
    > 1. Dark circles below eyes.
    > 2. Moderately elevated heart rate.
    > 3. Elevated and pounding heart rate.
    > 4. All the above and wake up earlier than ususual
    > (sometimes as early as 3AM).
    >
    > What is the mechanism for the above effects? What should I modify to
    > get benefits of alcohol consumption without harm?

    hmm... i get most of those symptoms too, but only after a "bottle"
    rather than a "glass" - which is probably explanation enough in my case!

    --
    Succorso

  3. Start drinking earlier?

    Perhaps, the "benefits" of alcohol don't apply in your case, and you'd
    be better off without it?