Aldi bike and lobster

Mark Thompson

Guest
A bicycle. <urc>Well, almost.</>

<http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4930.html>

Not a bicycle:

<http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4976.html>

I'm not puzzled by being offered a natual lobster, just puzzled about why
they thought the need to point out that it is 'natural'. Is someone
making factory-built lobsters? Is the Russian government planning to
slip 'unnatural' lobsters, created inside their nuclear reactors, onto
unsuspecting dissident emigres dinner plates? Are there more unnatural
animals out there? Should we be worried about cycle-chomping hordes of
robot quokkas?

--
Mark
Not coping without a bike.

Mark Thompson wrote:
> A bicycle. <urc>Well, almost.</>
>
> <http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4930.html>

I hope it's an illusion, but it looks in the picture as though the fork
has buckled and been straightened out again (near the hub). And who
goes cycling in pyjamas? Must have a big house...!

PhilD

--
<><

"PhilD" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Mark Thompson wrote:
>> A bicycle. <urc>Well, almost.</>
>>
>> <http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4930.html>

> I hope it's an illusion, but it looks in the picture as though the fork
> has buckled and been straightened out again (near the hub).

Nah, just looks like nasty dropouts made by squashing the tube rather than
welding/brazing in proper ones.

(brompton style?)

cheers,
clive

Mark Thompson <pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com> writes:

>Not a bicycle:

><http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4976.html>

>I'm not puzzled by being offered a natual lobster, just puzzled about why
>they thought the need to point out that it is 'natural'. Is someone
>making factory-built lobsters? Is the Russian government planning to
>slip 'unnatural' lobsters, created inside their nuclear reactors, onto
>unsuspecting dissident emigres dinner plates? Are there more unnatural
>animals out there? Should we be worried about cycle-chomping hordes of
>robot quokkas?

I think I've seen marzipan lobsters somewhere :)

Roos

Mark Thompson wrote on 01/12/2006 15:27 +0100:

> I'm not puzzled by being offered a natual lobster, just puzzled about why
> they thought the need to point out that it is 'natural'. Is someone
> making factory-built lobsters?

You've obviously not heard of surimi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surimi

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

"Mark Thompson"
<pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
>A bicycle. <urc>Well, almost.</>
>
> <http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4930.html>
>
> Not a bicycle:
>
> <http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4976.html>

The lobster looks nicer, and I hate seafood.

Jc.

Mark Thompson wrote:
> I'm not puzzled by being offered a natual lobster, just puzzled about why
> they thought the need to point out that it is 'natural'. Is someone
> making factory-built lobsters?

Yes:
<url:http://www.neurotechnology.neu.edu/>

Mark Thompson <pleasegivegenerously@warmmail*_turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com>
> <http://uk.aldi.com/sunday_special_buys/productnl_4930.html>

Anyone tried their route finder? Like I want to ride up a narrow
25% hill with hairpin to get to the shop... and there's no way on
Earth I'd return down it with a load.

I've noticed that sat navs always direct people into this village
down either that hill or through neighbouring high streets (busy).
It's far better to follow road signs than use a sat nav.

And going the other way, http://www.asimovs.com/Nebulas03/Lobsters.shtml