Aldi bike specials this week

Dallas G

Guest
hi all

not wanting to promote too much but budget OS supermarket has some cheap
specials this week

http://www.aldi.com.au/product_03/index.html

maybe good to splurge on bikes we got for xmas with a few needed accessories

Stay away from the locks though, Quality = NOT

Mountain Bike Adult Deluxe $ 2xx.* - i dont recommend boxed bikes :(

Cycling Jacket - Ladies & Men's $ 24.99*

Cycling Short - Ladies & Men's $ 19.99*

Cycling Shirt - Ladies & Men's $ 19.99*

Cycling Glove - Ladies & Men's $ 4.99*

Cycling Underwear - Ladies & Men's $ 9.99*

Bicycle Helmet each $ 29.99*

Crane Sports Cycling Glasses $ 7.99*

Ascot Sports Watch $ 14.99*

Urban Edge Cycling Rucksack $ 14.99*

Wireless Cycle Computer $ 49.99*

Cycle Computer With Wire $ 9.99*

Bicycle Light Set Front & Rear $ 16.99*

Alloy Bike Pump $ 14.99*

Bicycle Pump T Type $ 14.99*

Spiral Bicycle Lock $ x.xx* - not recommended

Dallas

When in doubt, jiggle the cable.

Dallas G wrote:
> hi all
>
> not wanting to promote too much but budget OS supermarket has some cheap
> specials this week

All items look ok, actual quality might be in question tho.

"Aggressive 26" MTB tyres", does this mean they'll turn towards little
dogs and old ladies on the bike path? :)

I've always wanted to get a $99 supermarket bike and see how many days
it would take of my normal riding to grind it into the ground.. for
humor, but also to see if the $$ I keep spending on my bikes is really
worth it..

Anyone up for a 'k-mart bike' team for the Around the Bay this year? :)

cheers.
GPL

Reads post with interest. I'll go & have a look, even if the stuff isn't quite Pearl Izumi quality. Wonder if NQR does a similiar deal, with a doorbuster* sale for unused GVBR Learsports going for $19.99. :eek:

*Regarding 'doorbuster' I mean it in the same way as 'Huffy Toss'

not so much doorbuster as collar buster :(

fri???

Dallas

When in doubt, jiggle the cable.
news:[email protected]...

"GPLama" wrote in message ...

> Anyone up for a 'k-mart bike' team for the Around the Bay this year? :)

Nah, but how about The Mont 24hr. We'll have to remove those stickers that say "not for off-road" use.

Parbs

Parbs wrote:

> "GPLama" wrote in message ...
> >
> > Anyone up for a 'k-mart bike' team for the Around the Bay this year? :)
> >

> Nah, but how about The Mont 24hr. We'll have to remove those stickers that say "not for off-road" use.

Don't do that. It will probably fall apart!

On 2005-01-27, Terry Collins <[email protected]> wrote:
> Parbs wrote:
>>
>> "GPLama" wrote in message ...
>> >
>> > Anyone up for a 'k-mart bike' team for the Around the Bay this year? :)
>> >

>> Nah, but how about The Mont 24hr. We'll have to remove those stickers
>> that say "not for off-road" use.

> Don't do that. It will probably fall apart!

Is that because of the off road use, or because the stickers hold it
together? :)