ALDI bike stuff - there might still be plenty left.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by vernon, May 11, 2008.

  1. vernon

    vernon Guest

    I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
    stuff still in stock. It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
    you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

    Tags:

  2. blackhead

    blackhead Guest

    On 11 May, 18:31, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
    > stuff still in stock.  It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
    > you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

    They had a bikemate computer for 5 quid

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:31:14 +0100, vernon wrote:

    > I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
    > stuff still in stock. It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
    > you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

    They never seem to sell out of anything these days, most stuff can be found
    elsewhere at the same prices. The cycling gear may be the only exception,
    but the quality of the last lot was really patchy.

    Steve

  4. Jim

    Jim Guest

    "blackhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]m...
    >They had a bikemate computer for 5 quid

    Note about the computer, the minimum wheel circumference is 1945mm so it's
    limited to 26" wheels upwards (or 24" with very fat tyres).
    Also ignore the twaddle in the instructions about different circumference
    for MPH settings, set up the wheel size in km/h mode then change mode to
    MPH.
    Apart from that the thing seems fine if a little complex, nice fitting with
    rubber o-rings or cable ties, stem or handle bar fitting.

    Jim J