ALDI bike stuff - there might still be plenty left.

vernon

Guest
I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
stuff still in stock. It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

On 11 May, 18:31, "vernon" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
> stuff still in stock.  It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
> you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

They had a bikemate computer for 5 quid

On Sun, 11 May 2008 18:31:14 +0100, vernon wrote:

> I called into my local ALDI today and spotted quite a bit of their cycling
> stuff still in stock. It might be worthwhile to pop into your local ALDI if
> you've assumed that thay've sold out within 24 hours like they used to do.

They never seem to sell out of anything these days, most stuff can be found
elsewhere at the same prices. The cycling gear may be the only exception,
but the quality of the last lot was really patchy.

Steve

"blackhead" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>They had a bikemate computer for 5 quid

Note about the computer, the minimum wheel circumference is 1945mm so it's
limited to 26" wheels upwards (or 24" with very fat tyres).
Also ignore the twaddle in the instructions about different circumference
for MPH settings, set up the wheel size in km/h mode then change mode to
MPH.
Apart from that the thing seems fine if a little complex, nice fitting with
rubber o-rings or cable ties, stem or handle bar fitting.

Jim J