Aldi cycle computers

Scottish Roadrunner

New Member
Sep 20, 2004
Is it just me or has anyone else had a problem with these? I bought one and it just wouldn't work. I took back and exchanged it for another one and, you guessed it wouldn't work either.:mad: My husband also bought one and it didn't work.
Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just unlucky?:confused:

No complaints about their cycling clothing though.:)

>Is it just me or has anyone else had a problem with these? I bought one
>and it just wouldn't work. I took back and exchanged it for another one
>and, you guessed it wouldn't work either.:mad: My husband also bought
>one and it didn't work.
>Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just
>unlucky?:confused:

You're unlucky, I think. Never had any problems with the ones Vernon, Nathan &
I use. Mind you, I'd not be pleased if I'd bought and it didn't work!

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

> Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just
> unlucky?:confused:

It's either abad batch, in which case the shop would have mentioned to you
that they'd had lots of returns, or you've done something wrong. Have you
got the sensor the right way up, the battery the right way round and the
magnet facing the sensor at the correct level?

I'm willing to bet you this cookie <crunch> ok, _this_ cookie, that it's
you and not the ickle innocent cycle computers.

"Margaret McC" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Is it just me or has anyone else had a problem with these? I bought one
> and it just wouldn't work. I took back and exchanged it for another one
> and, you guessed it wouldn't work either.:mad: My husband also bought
> one and it didn't work.
> Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just
> unlucky?:confused:
>

> --
> Margaret McC

Took me a little while to get the magnet / sensor setup to work.

---

"Pete @ eclipse" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Margaret McC" <[email protected]> wrote

in
> message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Is it just me or has anyone else had a problem with these? I bought one
> > and it just wouldn't work. I took back and exchanged it for another one
> > and, you guessed it wouldn't work either.:mad: My husband also bought
> > one and it didn't work.
> > Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just
> > unlucky?:confused:

I too have had problmes with 2 of these. Both keep resetting themselves when
the bike goes over a bump even quite small ones - and no I haven't been
offroad with them Must go and post the damn things back.

Jon Farley

Mark Thompson said:
> Has any one else had the same problem? or are we just
> unlucky?:confused:

It's either abad batch, in which case the shop would have mentioned to you
that they'd had lots of returns, or you've done something wrong. Have you
got the sensor the right way up, the battery the right way round and the
magnet facing the sensor at the correct level?

I'm willing to bet you this cookie <crunch> ok, _this_ cookie, that it's
you and not the ickle innocent cycle computers.
We did fit them correctly. We have catey computers on our mountain bikes and don't have any bother with them atall.:confused:

I bought the one with the heart rate function..... at £14.99........This
worked for a few rides and then decided not to any longer.
Mate over the road bought one as well and the search facility doesn't work..
Mick