Aldi cycling gear

[email protected] (Alan Braggins) of University of Cambridge,
England wrote:

>It's that time again:
>http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
>Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
>lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Anyone know what the size equivalents for the women's clothing is? S-L
isn't terribly useful, not knowing whether that's a typical cycle clothing
set of sizes, or normal clothes sizes.
--
Steph Peters
Chorlton Wanderers Cycling Group

"Steph Peters" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Alan Braggins) of University of Cambridge,
> England wrote:
>
>>It's that time again:
>>http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
>>Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
>>lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

> Anyone know what the size equivalents for the women's clothing is? S-L
> isn't terribly useful, not knowing whether that's a typical cycle clothing
> set of sizes, or normal clothes sizes.
> --

Off the top of my head I don't know - but I have previously bought stuff for
both myself and the wife and the clothing does have the sizes on the label,
so as well as stating S it will also for example say 8-10 etc.

Dave

On Apr 27, 9:30 pm, [email protected] (Alan Braggins) wrote:
> It's that time again:http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
> Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
> lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

"scott135" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Apr 27, 9:30 pm, [email protected] (Alan Braggins) wrote:
> It's that time
> again:http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
> Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
> lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
traders. I went away empty-handed.
Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

It is just a pity that the gear is reasonable quality for the price and some
people are willing to pay a little more - otherwise they would be stuck with
it and be out of pocket.

Dave

scott135 writtificated

> Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

It would prolly be worth a letter to their head office and the store -
there's little benefit to them of selling the stock to just two people so
they'd be likely to do something.

scott135 wrote:

> Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
> arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
> entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
> traders. I went away empty-handed.

> Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

They normally do.

On Thu, 01 May 2008 01:03:53 -0700, scott135 wrote:

> Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
> arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
> entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
> traders. I went away empty-handed.
> Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

Will they be getting more stock in? If it all fitted in 2 trolleys it
sounds like they didn't have much of it put out.

When I've been to Lidl they've always had loads of cycling kit several
days after the offers started, maybe it just wasn't that popular at the
stores I went to.

peter

"Dave" <[email protected]> of wrote:
>Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
>arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
>entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
>traders. I went away empty-handed.
>Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

Plenty in Didsbury at 9am. Also I find that the branch in Burnage on
Kingsway sells out of their offers more slowly.

I came away with an orange waterproof jacket, a startlingly pink windproof
and shower resistant jacket, a pink short-sleeved top and a pair of shorts.
The shorts are weird; the padded insert seems wider than normal,
uncomfortably so when just trying the shorts on. I'll give them a proper
try out on the bike but they may not be any use.
--

On Fri, 02 May 2008 23:11:45 +0100, Steph Peters wrote:

> The shorts are weird; the padded insert seems wider than normal,
> uncomfortably so when just trying the shorts on. I'll give them a proper
> try out on the bike but they may not be any use.

I bought some Lusso shorts (not from Aldi) which sound similar. They're
great while on a bike and they're OK when walking although they look
rather odd.

peter

scott135 wrote:
> On Apr 27, 9:30 pm, [email protected] (Alan Braggins) wrote:
>> It's that time
>> again:http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
>> Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
>> lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

> Never been disappointed with Aldi gear until this morning when I
> arrived in the Manchester store at 8:10am only to find almost the
> entire cycling stock heaped into two trolleys by a couple of market
> traders. I went away empty-handed.
> Why don't they introduce a reasonable quantity limit per customer?

I was lucky and managed to buy a pair of bib shorts and some glasses today.
Mind you, that particular store tends not to sell offers very fast. It's
great for tools because it's in a very middle class area, so nobody buys any
of the gear. Go to the other Aldi where real men live and the tools have
gone in 15 minutes...

"Alan Braggins" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> It's that time again:
> http://uk.aldi.com/uk/html/offers/offers_week18thursday08.htm
> Jacket, gilet, shorts, bibshorts, shirt, underwear, gloves, socks,
> lock, computer, glasses, saddle, pumps, toolbag.

As an 'oldie' gently returning to cycling after many years, the quality is
more than adequate for my needs.
After buying some stuff last year, I went on their mailing list so I now get
advanced warning and can get there for 9.00am on the advised date. Often a
necessity because 'my' size seem to either go very quickly or is not
supplied to my local store

Jude