Aldi cycling sale starts next Thursday

Alan Braggins wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, visionset wrote:
>> What size bib tights will I need M or L? Can't get to shop in person.
>> I'm 6ft with 30" waist and buy long (34") casual trousers (but 33" would be
>> spot on)

> Too late to be useful now, but it case it helps someone next time:
> Large was labelled as 32-34" waist, XL as 38-40" waist, and they seemed
> to be the same length. (There was one of each left in the shop when I got
> there this morning, and no 9-11 overshoes.) (Most of my trousers are 36"
> waist, but these days several of them do really need a belt, so I got the
> Large. Haven't tried them on yet.)

I tried the 8-9 overshoes on my size 8 feet - looked too small so went
for the 10-11.
similarly the M gloves were definitely too small and I had to exchange
them for L and I'm not sure if even these aren't a bit tight ("will
loosen with wear, sir"? - AYBS).

AYBS=Are You Being Served

"Esra Sdrawkcab" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Alan Braggins wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>, visionset wrote:
>>> What size bib tights will I need M or L? Can't get to shop in person.
>>> I'm 6ft with 30" waist and buy long (34") casual trousers (but 33" would
>>> be spot on)

>> Too late to be useful now, but it case it helps someone next time:
>> Large was labelled as 32-34" waist, XL as 38-40" waist, and they seemed
>> to be the same length. (There was one of each left in the shop when I got
>> there this morning, and no 9-11 overshoes.) (Most of my trousers are 36"
>> waist, but these days several of them do really need a belt, so I got the
>> Large. Haven't tried them on yet.)

> I tried the 8-9 overshoes on my size 8 feet - looked too small so went for
> the 10-11.
> similarly the M gloves were definitely too small and I had to exchange
> them for L and I'm not sure if even these aren't a bit tight ("will loosen
> with wear, sir"? - AYBS).
>

> AYBS=Are You Being Served

I'm glad I went for the 10-11 overshoes for my size 9 shoes then. Haven't
tried them yet. I bought a pair of the L gloves and they seem to be ok (I'm
normally an L). I wanted to get a pair of bib trousers too, but they didn't
seem to have any - I wonder if this was peculiar just to my local one or
Aldi full stop.

As an aside, there was a chap who ran rampage through the cycling stuff and
literally filled his trolley with it (I presume his plan was to sell it on
via ebay) however, he got pulled up by the Aldi staff who stated that there
was "fair for all" policy in place and he was none to politely asked to put
a lot of it back!

Kevin the Lurker