Aldi cycling stuff

Geoff Pearson

Guest
We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi has
stuff too - what might that be like?

> We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi
> has stuff too - what might that be like?

Computer looks good - wired, and almost everything I want including a
backlight.

On 23 Apr, 20:55, "Geoff Pearson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi has
> stuff too - what might that be like?

Hi Geoff

If it's of a similar quality to last year then it's very good, my zip
up jersey and waterproof jacket are still going strong.

I'm off to the ALDI site to see what they are selling this year!

Cheers

Stu

In article <[email protected]>, Stu
[email protected] says...
> On 23 Apr, 20:55, "Geoff Pearson" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi has
> > stuff too - what might that be like?

> Hi Geoff
>
> If it's of a similar quality to last year then it's very good, my zip
> up jersey and waterproof jacket are still going strong.
>
> I'm off to the ALDI site to see what they are selling this year!

What are the sizes like? I tend to buy regular clothes in XL, but XL in
cycling gear is usually too small.

"Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Stu
> [email protected] says...
>> On 23 Apr, 20:55, "Geoff Pearson" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi
>> > has
>> > stuff too - what might that be like?

>> Hi Geoff
>>
>> If it's of a similar quality to last year then it's very good, my zip
>> up jersey and waterproof jacket are still going strong.
>>
>> I'm off to the ALDI site to see what they are selling this year!
>>

> What are the sizes like? I tend to buy regular clothes in XL, but XL in
> cycling gear is usually too small.

The sizes are a bit of a lottery. Their jackets and shirts have a generous
cut. Their trousers are optimistically cut.

vernon wrote:
> "Rob Morley" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> In article <[email protected]>, Stu
>> [email protected] says...
>>> Hi Geoff
>>>
>>> If it's of a similar quality to last year then it's very good, my zip
>>> up jersey and waterproof jacket are still going strong.
>>>
>>> I'm off to the ALDI site to see what they are selling this year!
>>>

>> What are the sizes like? I tend to buy regular clothes in XL, but XL in
>> cycling gear is usually too small.

> The sizes are a bit of a lottery. Their jackets and shirts have a generous
> cut. Their trousers are optimistically cut.

Completelty agree. Best to do a quick check in the store. For their
jerseys I'm a medium & I'm normally an XL, but I got some XL bibtights
from them and the legs are too short. As for quality I'm still using
stuff from two or maybe three years ago.

Stan Cox

In article <[email protected]>, Mark Thompson wrote:
>> We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi
>> has stuff too - what might that be like?

>Computer looks good - wired, and almost everything I want including a
>backlight.

Looks like the one I got last year which I haven't bothered with since it
spontaneously reset itself back to the setup screen for the second time.
And the LCD loses a lot of contrast when the backlight is on.
But maybe I was just unlucky with the particular one I got.

Alan Braggins wrote:

> In article <[email protected]>, Mark
> Thompson wrote:
>>> We all natter about the Lidl cycling stuff - from Thursday 26th, Aldi
>>> has stuff too - what might that be like?

>>Computer looks good - wired, and almost everything I want including a
>>backlight.

> Looks like the one I got last year which I haven't bothered with since it
> spontaneously reset itself back to the setup screen for the second time.
> And the LCD loses a lot of contrast when the backlight is on.
> But maybe I was just unlucky with the particular one I got.

No, confirmed. Like you, I wondered if I had simply been unlucky with it.

I now have this year's Lidl wireless sitting a drawer, waiting to be fitted
(although the battery was dead in that one). Last year's Lidl wired was
good untilI I damaged it by pulling the wire out of the sensor.

--
***My real address is m/ike at u/nmusic d/ot co dot u/k (removing /s)
http://www.unmusic.co.uk - about me, music, geek sitcom etc.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 09:29:54 +0100, killermike <[email protected]> wrote:

> Last year's Lidl wired was good untilI I damaged it by pulling the wire out of the sensor.

Similar mishap here on a kid's bike -- the wire got pulled out of the main unit
when the handle bars turned >180 deg. Attempts to solder the wire back on
resulted in a sticky mass of melted plastic.

Stu wrote:

>I'm off to the ALDI site to see what they are selling this year!

The gel-palmed gloves seem pretty pleasant (just rode home from Aldi
wearing them), and the jacket feels light enough to be breathable. The
framebag's not too bad either. I'm not fully convinced by "ergonomic
cycling socks" however...