Aldi HRM

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by W K, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. W K

    W K Guest

    Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a bit
    stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might be linked and work if I get the position
    better. Does interfere a lot with others.

    If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly- calories burnt - some more useful
    (lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone , max heart rate etc.), but so many of them its going to
    be a pain to remember.

    Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see if it interferes/is
    interfered with the wired computer.

    Tags:

  2. Jimbob

    Jimbob Guest

    yer gets what yer pays for

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a bit
    > stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might be linked and work if I get the position
    > better. Does interfere a lot with others.
    >
    > If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly- calories burnt - some more
    > useful (lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone , max heart rate etc.), but so many of them its
    > going to be a pain to remember.
    >
    > Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see
    if
    > it interferes/is interfered with the wired computer.

  3. W K

    W K Guest

    "JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > yer gets what yer pays for

    Pointless and top posted. I describe what you get for 15 quid - which aint bad.

    For something thats going to be going to work, potentially getting lost/scratched/dropped/covered in
    diesel filth/oil I'd prefer not to have the 50 quid basic zero feature ones from better
    manufacturers.

  4. Steve Ball

    Steve Ball Guest

    "JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > yer gets what yer pays for
    >
    > "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a
    > > bit stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might
    be
    > > linked and work if I get the position better. Does interfere a lot with others.
    > >
    > > If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly-
    calories
    > > burnt - some more useful (lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone ,
    max
    > > heart rate etc.), but so many of them its going to be a pain to
    remember.

    > > Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see
    > if
    > > it interferes/is interfered with the wired computer.

    Tried to pick one up from Aldi in Hinckley (A5) - sold out yesterday :-(

    Steve

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > yer gets what yer pays for
    >
    > Pointless and top posted. I describe what you get for 15 quid - which aint bad.
    >
    > For something thats going to be going to work, potentially getting lost/scratched/dropped/covered
    > in diesel filth/oil I'd prefer not to have the 50 quid basic zero feature ones from better
    > manufacturers.

    As said before "yer gets what yer pays for".

    Perfectly honest comment...and bottom posted.

    I paid £200 for mine, and no I wouldn't wear it if it may get "lost/scratched/dropped/covered in
    diesel filth/oil ". If I wanted to measure my heart rate while "covered in diesel filth/oil"...I'd
    buy one from Aldi!

    --
    Mark

    "Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"