Aldi HRM

W K

Guest
Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a bit
stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might be linked and work if I get the position
better. Does interfere a lot with others.

If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly- calories burnt - some more useful
(lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone , max heart rate etc.), but so many of them its going to
be a pain to remember.

Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see if it interferes/is
interfered with the wired computer.

yer gets what yer pays for

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a bit
> stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might be linked and work if I get the position
> better. Does interfere a lot with others.
>
> If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly- calories burnt - some more
> useful (lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone , max heart rate etc.), but so many of them its
> going to be a pain to remember.
>
> Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see
if
> it interferes/is interfered with the wired computer.

"JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> yer gets what yer pays for

Pointless and top posted. I describe what you get for 15 quid - which aint bad.

For something thats going to be going to work, potentially getting lost/scratched/dropped/covered in
diesel filth/oil I'd prefer not to have the 50 quid basic zero feature ones from better
manufacturers.

"JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> yer gets what yer pays for
>
> "W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Managed to get one. Looks cheap, but not too bad for 15 quid (ie buttons work). Chest thing a
> > bit stiff and wasn't always reading consistently - might
be
> > linked and work if I get the position better. Does interfere a lot with others.
> >
> > If has rather too many functions though, some of which are silly-
calories
> > burnt - some more useful (lap counting stopwatch, beep outside zone ,
max
> > heart rate etc.), but so many of them its going to be a pain to
remember.

> > Its also got quite a nice moudled handlebar mount, but we'll have to see
> if
> > it interferes/is interfered with the wired computer.

Tried to pick one up from Aldi in Hinckley (A5) - sold out yesterday :-(

Steve

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "JimBob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > yer gets what yer pays for
>
> Pointless and top posted. I describe what you get for 15 quid - which aint bad.
>
> For something thats going to be going to work, potentially getting lost/scratched/dropped/covered
> in diesel filth/oil I'd prefer not to have the 50 quid basic zero feature ones from better
> manufacturers.

As said before "yer gets what yer pays for".

Perfectly honest comment...and bottom posted.

I paid £200 for mine, and no I wouldn't wear it if it may get "lost/scratched/dropped/covered in
diesel filth/oil ". If I wanted to measure my heart rate while "covered in diesel filth/oil"...I'd
buy one from Aldi!

--
Mark

"Just ask yourself: What would Scooby Doo?"