Aldi

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Guest
Cycling specials on 15th July.

See

http://uk.aldi.com/

shorts £5.99
short-sleeved jerseys £5.99
jacket £8.99
gilet £6.99
underwear £4.99
socks, 3-pack £2.99
frame bag £3.99
computer £3.99

and more..

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

Also:
___________________________

Alloy Frame
Mountain Bike

24 speed shimano dual suspension alloy mountain bike with triple clamp
downhill suspension fork and mudguard. Self centring front disc brake and
rear V-type brake. Double wall alloy rims with alloys, micro-adjust seat pin
and quick-release clamp. Finished in matt black and 'carbon wrap'.
___________________________

£159.99 -- for all that -- what a bargain!

What's 'carbon wrap'?

Simonb wrote:

> What's 'carbon wrap'?

"****" for short - I think it's the stuff wrapped around tubes that
makes it look like carbon fibre composite.

That is, extra weight for no benefit.

--
Mark.

>£159.99 -- for all that -- what a bargain!

Well I certainly wouldn't buy a bike from them, but their bike clothes are
exceptionally good value, work well and wash well.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

>> What's 'carbon wrap'?
>
> "****" for short - I think it's the stuff wrapped around tubes that
> makes it look like carbon fibre composite.
>
> That is, extra weight for no benefit.

Not true. It helps you get much more use from your insurance than you might
otherwise.

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Also:
> ___________________________
>
> Alloy Frame
> Mountain Bike
>
> 24 speed shimano dual suspension alloy mountain bike with triple clamp
> downhill suspension fork and mudguard. Self centring front disc brake and
> rear V-type brake. Double wall alloy rims with alloys, micro-adjust seat pin
> and quick-release clamp. Finished in matt black and 'carbon wrap'.
> ___________________________
>
> £159.99 -- for all that -- what a bargain!

Err not quite, I tried to lift one up last year, I think the deep
freezes they keep pizzas in are a bit lighter ;-)

[email protected]omcom (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >£159.99 -- for all that -- what a bargain!

> Well I certainly wouldn't buy a bike from them, but their bike clothes are
> exceptionally good value, work well and wash well.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Not quite my colour, don't think I'll risk bike and limb to go to
Saarf Bermondsey to look ;-)

MartinM wrote:

> Err not quite, I tried to lift one up last year, I think the deep
> freezes they keep pizzas in are a bit lighter ;-)

But it's got "Double wall alloy rims with alloys" -- that's alloys but
TWICE!

Personally, I can't wait. Do you think they'll let me test ride one?

"Simonb" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> MartinM wrote:
>
> > Err not quite, I tried to lift one up last year, I think the deep
> > freezes they keep pizzas in are a bit lighter ;-)

> But it's got "Double wall alloy rims with alloys" -- that's alloys but
> TWICE!
>
> Personally, I can't wait. Do you think they'll let me test ride one?

A far as the checkout, yes. I like the way on real carbon frames they
leave little ovals out of the paintwork so you can show it off,
unfortunately the gas pipe frame manufacturers make stickers the same
shape ;-)

> Cycling specials on 15th July.
>
> See
>
> http://uk.aldi.com/
>
> shorts £5.99
> short-sleeved jerseys £5.99
> jacket £8.99
> gilet £6.99
> underwear £4.99
> socks, 3-pack £2.99
> frame bag £3.99
> computer £3.99
>
> and more..
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam--
> to get correct one remove fame & fortune
> h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$
>
> --Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off--

Probably a stupid question but....

Is this stuff only in Aldi after Jul 15th - or is it there now?

Thanks

Jules

>Is this stuff only in Aldi after Jul 15th - or is it there now?

On 15th.

With Aldi, Thursday every week sees a new "range" of specials - and ususally
there's a sort of theme to each week.

Similarly with Lidl - but now there's specials starting Mondays & Thursdays.

Generally about twice a year each as a cycling specials' week. I certainly
wouldn't buy a bike from them, but the basic cycling kit such as jerseys,
shorts, and the like are excellent value - the tops are Coolmax fabric. They
wash & wear brilliantly. Okay, so there's no flash label on them, but for the
kind of cycling I do, leisure & utility, they are more than adequate and it
means I can afford a clean cycling jersey & shorts for every day of the week
:) I've got jerseys from both Lidl & Aldi which are a couple of years old now
and they are still looking like new even though they are worn & washed
regularly.

Cheers, helen s

h*$el*$$e*nd**$o$ts**i*$*$m*m$o*n*s@$*a$o*l.c**$om$

My source tells me that Lidl plan to do their cycling offers in three weeks
time.

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...
> Cycling specials on 15th July.
>
> See
>
> http://uk.aldi.com/
>
> shorts £5.99
> short-sleeved jerseys £5.99
> jacket £8.99
> gilet £6.99
> underwear £4.99
> socks, 3-pack £2.99
> frame bag £3.99
> computer £3.99
>
> and more..
>
> Cheers, helen s

Damn -- no bibshorts :~(

>>Is this stuff only in Aldi after Jul 15th - or is it there now?

> On 15th.
>
> With Aldi, Thursday every week sees a new "range" of specials - and ususally
> there's a sort of theme to each week.
>
> Similarly with Lidl - but now there's specials starting Mondays & Thursdays.
>
> Generally about twice a year each as a cycling specials' week. I certainly
> wouldn't buy a bike from them, but the basic cycling kit such as jerseys,
> shorts, and the like are excellent value - the tops are Coolmax fabric. They
> wash & wear brilliantly. Okay, so there's no flash label on them, but for the
> kind of cycling I do, leisure & utility, they are more than adequate and it
> means I can afford a clean cycling jersey & shorts for every day of the week
> :) I've got jerseys from both Lidl & Aldi which are a couple of years old now
> and they are still looking like new even though they are worn & washed
> regularly.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Thanks for the help. Where I live there's neither an Aldi or Lidl
(although we do have a Tchibo which manages to sell a cycle jacket and
overtrousers - though I've not tried either) so I don't have experience
of either. Lidl's website has told me where my "local" branch is so I'll
pop over on Thursday.

Cheers

Jules

On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:57:04 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
wrote:

> Cycling specials on 15th July.

Got myself some stuff today.
A rucsac, blue+yellow top, a nice gilet to keep the wind off.
Tested the rear pocket tonight, it carries a salmon+creak cheese
bagel easily. Yum.

I was looking for a wireless computer - so for 15 quid you can't
go wrong with a heart rate monitor included. Then again goodness
know what I need with one of them.

I got the shorts, which look OK and will make casual riding shorts.
but I discovered that the 'chamois' pad velcroes in, so these
will be a no-no for any long rides at all.
If anyone is at all interested, the chamois is removable and is
attached by six small velcro squares. So it rucks up easily.

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:57:04 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
> wrote:
>
> > Cycling specials on 15th July.
> >

> Got myself some stuff today.
> A rucsac, blue+yellow top, a nice gilet to keep the wind off.
> Tested the rear pocket tonight, it carries a salmon+creak cheese
> bagel easily. Yum.

I thought the rucksack was excellent value, £8 IIRC. Might go back and get
the repair kit that fits under the seat as well, that was only a few quid.
Bought the wireless computer as well, now all I need is the bike to go with
it :)

--
Tumbleweed

tumbleweednews at hotmail dot com

Orpington Halfords had some 8 function computers for 3.99, got one on Sat.

SW

"John Hearns" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:57:04 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers
> wrote:
>
> > Cycling specials on 15th July.
> >

> Got myself some stuff today.
> A rucsac, blue+yellow top, a nice gilet to keep the wind off.
> Tested the rear pocket tonight, it carries a salmon+creak cheese
> bagel easily. Yum.
>
> I was looking for a wireless computer - so for 15 quid you can't
> go wrong with a heart rate monitor included. Then again goodness
> know what I need with one of them.
>
> I got the shorts, which look OK and will make casual riding shorts.
> but I discovered that the 'chamois' pad velcroes in, so these
> will be a no-no for any long rides at all.
> If anyone is at all interested, the chamois is removable and is
> attached by six small velcro squares. So it rucks up easily.

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Orpington Halfords had some 8 function computers for 3.99, got one on Sat.
>
> SW

If it's their own-brand one I'd be interested to hear if it works properly
when fitted.....

Tumbleweed wrote:

> I thought the rucksack was excellent value, £8 IIRC. Might go back and get
> the repair kit that fits under the seat as well, that was only a few quid.
> Bought the wireless computer as well, now all I need is the bike to go with
> it :)

They have those this week as well, 159.99

--
replace deadspam with btinternet to reply
Tom Anderson

Works fine so far but only 24 miles on it!
I have another (but wireless) on a different bike and it's been OK for 3
years so I do not think there is anything intrinsically wrong with Halfords'
electronics.
More than likley find that the guts of most cycle computers come out of the
same place in China!!

SW

news:[email protected]...