Aldi

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers, Jul 9, 2004.

  1. Julesh

    Julesh Guest

    LaoFuZhi wrote:
    > "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Orpington Halfords had some 8 function computers for 3.99, got one on Sat.
    >>
    >>SW

    > If it's their own-brand one I'd be interested to hear if it works properly
    > when fitted.....

    Kingston Halfords had some 8 function computers for 4.97 this morning
    (presumably the same ones as in Orpington only more expensive) and some
    12 function for 4.99. I have just bought two of the latter, fitted one
    and (accidently) left it out in the heavy shower that has just crossed
    SW London - which should test its water resistance.

    The quality of the computer handlebar clip seems to be better than that
    of my late Catseye Velo 8, which had a habit of flying out of the clip
    everytime you pressed the button to change modes.

    Jules

  2. Steph Peters

    Steph Peters Guest

    John Hearns <[email protected]> of Customer of Plusnet Technologies Ltd
    wrote:
    >I got the shorts, which look OK and will make casual riding shorts.
    >but I discovered that the 'chamois' pad velcroes in, so these
    >will be a no-no for any long rides at all.
    >If anyone is at all interested, the chamois is removable and is
    >attached by six small velcro squares. So it rucks up easily.

    There are two sorts of shorts. One as you describe in a non-stretchy fabric
    - I only saw black ones. The other sort are lycra with a sewn in pad and I
    find them comfy, no rucking up problems. The lycra ones are in blue with
    yellow triangles set in, black with red, black with white and a pattern in
    red or blue on the white, but no plain colours in lycra.
    --
    Atheists have no invisible means of support.
    Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid