Aldi

LaoFuZhi wrote:
> "Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Orpington Halfords had some 8 function computers for 3.99, got one on Sat.
>>
>>SW

> If it's their own-brand one I'd be interested to hear if it works properly
> when fitted.....

Kingston Halfords had some 8 function computers for 4.97 this morning
(presumably the same ones as in Orpington only more expensive) and some
12 function for 4.99. I have just bought two of the latter, fitted one
and (accidently) left it out in the heavy shower that has just crossed
SW London - which should test its water resistance.

The quality of the computer handlebar clip seems to be better than that
of my late Catseye Velo 8, which had a habit of flying out of the clip
everytime you pressed the button to change modes.

Jules

John Hearns <[email protected]> of Customer of Plusnet Technologies Ltd
wrote:
>I got the shorts, which look OK and will make casual riding shorts.
>but I discovered that the 'chamois' pad velcroes in, so these
>will be a no-no for any long rides at all.
>If anyone is at all interested, the chamois is removable and is
>attached by six small velcro squares. So it rucks up easily.

There are two sorts of shorts. One as you describe in a non-stretchy fabric
- I only saw black ones. The other sort are lycra with a sewn in pad and I
find them comfy, no rucking up problems. The lycra ones are in blue with
yellow triangles set in, black with red, black with white and a pattern in
red or blue on the white, but no plain colours in lycra.
--
Atheists have no invisible means of support.
Steph Peters delete invalid from [email protected]lid