Aldi

Chilly

Guest
Is anyone planning to visit Aldi on the 8th May for any of their bargains. They are selling an ally
bottle and cage for £2:99, but I am working on the night of the 7th, and as I am 30 miles from my
nearest store I doubt there will be any left by the time I get there. It is the one thing missing
from my bike.

I could send you some cash up front plus postage. This will still be cheaper than I can buy one
round here, and knowing Aldi, better quality. If you can help please reply. The email does work
although it is predominately a junk mail repository.

Thanks

Bill

Chilly wrote:

> Is anyone planning to visit Aldi on the 8th May for any of their bargains. They are selling an
> ally bottle and cage for £2:99, but I am working on the night of the 7th, and as I am 30 miles
> from my nearest store I doubt there will be any left by the time I get there. It is the one thing
> missing from my bike.
>
> I could send you some cash up front plus postage. This will still be cheaper than I can buy one
> round here, and knowing Aldi, better quality. If you can help please reply. The email does work
> although it is predominately a junk mail repository.
>
> Thanks
>
> Bill

mike dyason http://www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/ sell cages for 1.99pds and bottles for 1.79pds, free postage

davep

I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.

Seamus wrote:
> I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
> straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.

I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many other
cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can leak a
bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily when on the
move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!

The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.

~PB

Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Seamus wrote:
> > I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
> > straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.
>
> I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many
> other cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can
> leak a bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily
> when on the move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!
>
> The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.
>
> ~PB

So the bottle & cage Mr Dyason sells seems about worth the money then :) I wouldn't have thought
the Aldi ones are much better...but I'm guessing.

--
Mark

Pete Biggs wrote:

> Seamus wrote:
> > I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
> > straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.
>
> I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many
> other cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can
> leak a bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily
> when on the move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!
>
> The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.
>
> ~PB

The bottle I received today isn't a screw-on, it doesn't leak and the "teat" works ok so I'm happy
and yes the cages are strong but not as nice , grippy and light as say the Tacx Tao

davep