Aldi

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Chilly, May 2, 2003.

  1. Chilly

    Chilly Guest

    Is anyone planning to visit Aldi on the 8th May for any of their bargains. They are selling an ally
    bottle and cage for £2:99, but I am working on the night of the 7th, and as I am 30 miles from my
    nearest store I doubt there will be any left by the time I get there. It is the one thing missing
    from my bike.

    I could send you some cash up front plus postage. This will still be cheaper than I can buy one
    round here, and knowing Aldi, better quality. If you can help please reply. The email does work
    although it is predominately a junk mail repository.

    Thanks

    Bill

    Tags:

  2. Davep

    Davep Guest

    Chilly wrote:

    > Is anyone planning to visit Aldi on the 8th May for any of their bargains. They are selling an
    > ally bottle and cage for £2:99, but I am working on the night of the 7th, and as I am 30 miles
    > from my nearest store I doubt there will be any left by the time I get there. It is the one thing
    > missing from my bike.
    >
    > I could send you some cash up front plus postage. This will still be cheaper than I can buy one
    > round here, and knowing Aldi, better quality. If you can help please reply. The email does work
    > although it is predominately a junk mail repository.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bill

    mike dyason http://www.mwdyason.ltd.uk/ sell cages for 1.99pds and bottles for 1.79pds, free postage

    davep

  3. Seamus

    Seamus New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2003
    I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.

  4. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Seamus wrote:
    > I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
    > straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.

    I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many other
    cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can leak a
    bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily when on the
    move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!

    The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.

    ~PB

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Pete Biggs <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Seamus wrote:
    > > I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
    > > straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.
    >
    > I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many
    > other cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can
    > leak a bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily
    > when on the move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!
    >
    > The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.
    >
    > ~PB

    So the bottle & cage Mr Dyason sells seems about worth the money then :) I wouldn't have thought
    the Aldi ones are much better...but I'm guessing.

    --
    Mark

  6. Davep

    Davep Guest

    Pete Biggs wrote:

    > Seamus wrote:
    > > I had three of those Mike Dyason bottles for a fiver. Two of them the tops wouldn't screw on
    > > straight guaranteeing a severe wetting whenever I tried to drink from them. Not recommended.
    >
    > I've used loads of them. They screw on straight if you fit carefully. They're better than many
    > other cheapo bottles so I do recommend them. The teat of the tops (or whatever you call them) can
    > leak a bit (different problem from above) but at least they can be undone and drunk from easily
    > when on the move. A basic requirement for the thirsty cyclist!
    >
    > The bottle cages are strongly constructed but aren't particularly nice to use or look at.
    >
    > ~PB

    The bottle I received today isn't a screw-on, it doesn't leak and the "teat" works ok so I'm happy
    and yes the cages are strong but not as nice , grippy and light as say the Tacx Tao

    davep