Aldi

Bill

Guest
A double barreled footpump for car, motorbike, caravan, inflatable boat etc, a new cycle computer,
a mini pump and a new top in yellow to match my road bike and a carrier bag all for 16 notes.
Can't be bad.

When they had their last cycle gear special a few months ago, one of our colonial cousins in a
resplendent turban, filled a trolly with clothing. He just grabbed everything. When he got to the
checkout they refused to serve him as it was obvious they were for resale. They only let him have
two of everything, which he refused and stormed out of the store. He may have been embarrased by
the applause.

Bill

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> A double barreled footpump for car, motorbike, caravan, inflatable boat
etc,
> a new cycle computer, a mini pump and a new top in yellow to match my road bike and a carrier bag
> all for 16 notes. Can't be bad.

Bugger!!, there I was wondering around Lidl this morning, surprised to find absolutely no cycling
gear at all following the announcement on this NG a few weeks ago about the imminent bonanza to be
had at Lidls....er Aldi...er roight, I'll get me bike....

> When they had their last cycle gear special a few months ago, one of our colonial cousins in a
> resplendent turban,

<snip>

Haven't heard that one for a while Bill......obviously slept through the clock ticking over into the
21st century, eh ;-)....or as my parents are fond of saying....' Ar, 'e was a paki, nice bloke
though...', to wit our response is usually something along the lines of...'Ar, nearly as good as us
then ?....'

Bill

Dave.

I got a yellow top + some shorts pour moi. Nathan was bought shorts & top. Vernon didn't want any
stuff. Got one of the foot pumps & some of the yellow lensed specs too.

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
overdependence on money and fame
~~~~~~~~~~

Bill wrote in message ...
> A double barreled footpump for car, motorbike, caravan, inflatable boat, a new cycle computer, a
> mini pump and a new top in yellow to match my road bike and a carrier bag all for 16 notes.

Wow - The doubled barrelled foot-pump was only £3-99. Looked well enough constructed to me, but
already have a good track pump :-(

Pete, Dorset. - www.Organford-TeaRooms.com

Dave wrote:

> Haven't heard that one for a while Bill......obviously slept through the clock ticking over into
> the 21st century, eh ;-)....or as my parents are fond of saying....' Ar, 'e was a paki, nice bloke
> though...', to wit our response is usually something along the lines of...'Ar, nearly as good as
> us then ?....'

Did you catch the Archers episode of Usha's birthday party? Usha's auntie Satya had recruited
numerous eligible chaps to pop by in her version of Speed Dating, one of who got chatting to Bert
Fry while in the queue to say hello to Usha...

"Well, 'ow long have you been over 'ere then?" "Well, the traffic in Brum was terrible, so I didn't
get here until about 7..."

Priceless!

Pete.
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> I got a yellow top + some shorts pour moi. Nathan was bought shorts & top. Vernon didn't want any
> stuff. Got one of the foot pumps & some of the yellow lensed specs too.

Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?

stratton

"wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I got a yellow top + some shorts pour moi. Nathan was bought shorts & top. Vernon didn't want any
> stuff. Got one of the foot pumps & some of the
yellow
> lensed specs too.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~
> This is sent from a redundant email Mail sent to it is dumped My correct one can be gleaned from
> h$**$*$el$**e$n$**$d$**$o$*$t**$$s$**$im$mo$ns*@a$**o$l.c$$*o$*m*$ by getting rid of the
> overdependence on money and fame
> ~~~~~~~~~~

Watch out for the yellow lensed specs. I've got some with interchangeable, dark/yellow/clear. Dark
is great on sunny days when out in the sun, yellow is good for cloudy days, actually appears to make
everything lighter, clear good for dark or riding through forests. I use 'em when either on or
off-roading. I made the mistake of using the yellows when off-roading, through forests on a really
sunny day. Unfortunately, as I went from extreme brightness of fire roads etc into forest shade,
everything goes silhouette-y <s?- made up word anyway>. Best to use clear if you're likely to be
moving between bright / dark during ride. Cheers, Dave.

well, i nipped into our local aldi at 9am this morn (was quite busy with many there snapping up the
bikes and various offers) and got for me:-

2 * cycle tops 2 * cycle shorts 2 * pair cycle gloves 1 * wind beater type cycle jacket 1 * cycle
computer ... er yes, this will now be my 2nd one in as many weeks (it was £3.99 - i couldnt resist
and it does temperature too!)

all for just over £40 and they seem reasonable items too

now for the pour me into the shorts report ... ;)

i can get into them, not a pretty sight but they are strechy enough - i could certainly wear them
under my normal shorts - i'll probably start using them (under me usual shorts) after a further 20
pound loss though

the tops wont be in use at all for some time ... whilst i can get into them all im thinking probably
50 pound loss before i bring them out again

the wind beater type cycle jacket .... seems decent quality and not far off from fitting too so
should be usable by time things cool down and wind picks up a little to need to use one

so initially i'll only be using the cycle puter and the gloves which fitted perfectly but overall i
have some nice incentive type cycle clobber to keep aiming for .... so the battle for fitness,
health and weightloss is on ;)

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>> Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?
>>
>> stratton
>
> Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
>
> Cheers, helen s

Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?

stratton

"stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones?
> >>
> >> stratton
> >
> > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
> >
> > Cheers, helen s
> >

> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?

From experience, all the good stuff has gone by the evening. This may depend on how many cyclists
there are in the area and how much people are used to this.

OTOH I see relatively few cyclists in my town and the stuff cleared out quickly.

wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
>> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>>
>> stratton
>
> Shall I peer into my crystal ball??? ;-)

Yes please - and while your there next weeks lottery numbers and accurate weather forecast
please.;-))

> Seriously - I haven't a clue. Certainly the one in King's Lynn was nowhere near as busy first
> thing this morning as it was on last year's cycling special.

Just wondered if they had loads of gear or just enough to satisfy the early birds. Thanks for your
replys, I'll try Cambridge tomorrow.

stratton

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:46:26 +0100, "stratton" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Yes please - and while your there next weeks lottery numbers and accurate weather forecast
>please.;-))

My local newsagent and National Lottery - sorry, Lotto - ticket seller promised my that my ticket
was full of winning numbers. Well, he was reasonably correct. Sadly, those few winning numbers were
for the Thunderball and not for the regular "D'you really think you're going to win?" draw.

Just my £2.00

Foiled again. James

PS I forecast some weather.

"stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflyDIRTYcatLITTERhcsBOX wrote:
> >> Do all Aldi stores stock these or is it just the bigger ones? stratton
> >
> > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials. Cheers, helen s
> >
> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow? stratton

I bought my gear at Fleetwood today and that place really is at the edge of the known universe.

I later wore the white shirt and black and white shorts for a ride in Grizedale Forest - forgetting
yesterdays rain. Three minutes into the forest the singletrack dropped into a gulley which was just
a churned up mud bath. I regretted having taken off the crud catcher and rear guard when the warm
weather came. But all the caked on, dried on mud, has washed off and the items are on the line
drying. They look like new!

They seem to have had various styles of glasses. I bought a clear glass with yellow tint, great help
in the darkened forest, and there was a yellow glass with almost a mirror look.

A good shopping day, thanks to the OP. Mike

"W K" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> "stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > > Should be all - as it's the weekly specials.
> > >
> > > Cheers, helen s
> > >

> > Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow?
>
> From experience, all the good stuff has gone by the evening. This may depend on how many cyclists
> there are in the area and how much people are used to this.

I tried the Old Kent Road. in at 10.30am; got a nice bagful. Now let's see how the jacket stands up
to a 400 over the Severn Bridge tomorrow!

Taywood wrote:
> "stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> Should be all - as it's the weekly specials. Cheers, helen s
>>>
>> Do you think there will be stock left tomorrow? stratton
>
> I bought my gear at Fleetwood today and that place really is at the edge of the known universe.
>
> I later wore the white shirt and black and white shorts for a ride in Grizedale Forest -
> forgetting yesterdays rain. Three minutes into the forest the singletrack dropped into a gulley
> which was just a churned up mud bath. I regretted having taken off the crud catcher and rear guard
> when the warm weather came. But all the caked on, dried on mud, has washed off and the items are
> on the line drying. They look like new!
>
> They seem to have had various styles of glasses. I bought a clear glass with yellow tint, great
> help in the darkened forest, and there was a yellow glass with almost a mirror look.
>
> A good shopping day, thanks to the OP. Mike

Thats great - I am feeling happy with the £60 we spent on bits and bobs. Tried out shirt and
computer on short ride tonight, all seems well. Just need new legs and back now, plenty of stomach
to trade in.

stratton

>martin wrote:
>
> I tried the Old Kent Road. in at 10.30am; got a nice bagful. Now let's see how the jacket stands
> up to a 400 over the Severn Bridge tomorrow!

Be interested in knowing, I picked up jackets 'n' stuff, ssems reasonable particularly considering
the price.

stratton

"stratton" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >martin wrote:
> >
> > I tried the Old Kent Road. in at 10.30am; got a nice bagful. Now let's see how the jacket stands
> > up to a 400 over the Severn Bridge tomorrow!
>
> Be interested in knowing, I picked up jackets 'n' stuff, ssems reasonable particularly considering
> the price.

Not only is it a good jacket, it is magic: did not rain in Wales! also good as a night stage
overjacket, breathes well and not too heavy.

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:55:19 +0100, doobrie <[email protected]> wrote:

>1 * cycle computer ... er yes, this will now be my 2nd one in as many weeks (it was £3.99 - i
>couldnt resist and it does temperature too!)

Curses - that's where they all went! ;-) I popped into both Sheffield shops for a cycle computer -
none left, although I did get a footpump.
--
Reply to my first name at my surname dot org dot uk

"Alex Veitch" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:55:19 +0100, doobrie <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >1 * cycle computer ... er yes, this will now be my 2nd one in as many weeks (it was £3.99 - i
> >couldnt resist and it does temperature too!)
>
> Curses - that's where they all went! ;-) I popped into both Sheffield shops for a cycle computer -
> none left, although I did get a footpump.
> --
The footpump I bought seems to be leaking!!...As y'all say though, very nice jacket. Fingerless
gloves'll probably suffice and MY FIRST EVA (tm) Lycra cycling shorts should raise a few smiles
as the only ones they'd got left were XL and it would appear I'm no more than an 'L' or possibly
even an 'M', so I've got a pair of flared lycra cycling shorts. Haven't tried them out yet
though..... Dave.