Alex 320 rim ERD please

Johan Bornman

Guest
Does anyone have the ERD of an Alex 320 rim for me please? The rim is
not listed on the Alexrims website since it is usually sold as part of
a pre-built wheel. Also, I can't measure it because I haven't got it
yet and I'd like to order spokes in the meantime.

Thanks
JB

On Sep 26, 2:37 am, Johan Bornman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have the ERD of an Alex 320 rim for me please? The rim is
> not listed on the Alexrims website since it is usually sold as part of
> a pre-built wheel. Also, I can't measure it because I haven't got it
> yet and I'd like to order spokes in the meantime.

Where did you get the rims? I'd love to know a source for more Alex
rims other than the 3-4 common models.

On Sep 26, 3:37 am, Johan Bornman <[email protected]> wrote:
> Does anyone have the ERD of an Alex 320 rim for me please? The rim is
> not listed on the Alexrims website since it is usually sold as part of
> a pre-built wheel. Also, I can't measure it because I haven't got it
> yet and I'd like to order spokes in the meantime.

This doesn't give the ERD, but if the rim is the one on the Alex/A-
Class 320 wheel, the spoke lengths for their particular build are here
(so if you can just find their hub specs--good luck! :) :

http://www.aclass-wheels.com/road_alx320DX.html

But that page has a rim profile showing that it is 27mm deep and looks
very similar to their DA-28 rim, which has listed ERD of:

700C-480g, ERD 584.8mm, ETRTO 622X14
650C-420g, ERD 534.1mm, ETRTO 571X14mm

landotter wrote:

> Where did you get the rims? I'd love to know a source for more Alex
> rims other than the 3-4 common models.

The local A-Class wheel importer in South Africa brings the rims in as
spares for the wheels. They sell them separately.

JB

Victor Kan wrote:
> > This doesn't give the ERD, but if the rim is the one on the Alex/A-

> Class 320 wheel, the spoke lengths for their particular build are here
> (so if you can just find their hub specs--good luck! :) :
>
> http://www.aclass-wheels.com/road_alx320DX.html
>
> But that page has a rim profile showing that it is 27mm deep and looks
> very similar to their DA-28 rim, which has listed ERD of:
>
> 700C-480g, ERD 584.8mm, ETRTO 622X14
> 650C-420g, ERD 534.1mm, ETRTO 571X14mm

Thanks Victor. I went the conservative route and waited until the rim
arrived. I measured it this morning and the ERD is 590mm.

JB