Alex Simmons speaking in Santa Rosa, CA on October 1

Alex Simmons said:
I was in a donated Boba kit, and was an honorary Boba for the day.
If I didn't realise or recall, my apologies. I can't imagine there would have been all that many amputees out there. Certainly none wearing Boba kit. Mind you, at the bachelor's party that night I suspect a few might have become legless. :p

Alex Simmons said:
Ah - OK - I remember someone calling out they were a ~ minute up the road. We did get them I think but I let them go again on another ascent - I was making my own pace and it paid off as Steve tells me that several of them were pretty cooked at the end and I was coming home strongly. Caught them just after we'd pretty much done with the last major descent and them I stayed at the front end of the bunch for the fast run back to Santa Rosa. 3 of us did a slight detour for the last couple of miles to avoid the dirt section. The names I haven't quite got fixed in my head yet - need to study the map a bit more.

My ride time was 6:04. and another ~20-min of stops for photos and bidon fills and a short while when someone had an early puncture. And the Boba peace offering in the graveyard early on :p

As for skipping the dirt/gravel ... I thought you had taken a wrong turn on Hall Road (I turned left and immediately someone yelled my rear wheel was going soft). You could simply take Hall Road and turn on West 3rd St.

Alex Simmons said:
Ah - OK - I remember someone calling out they were a ~ minute up the road. :p

Here you are I think (you look much better than I do) ...

and me ...

Nice spotting!
dang that was a tough climb - 10% average and a bit blustery but I got up OK.
that's Steve keeping me honest LOL

Alex Simmons said:
Nice spotting!
dang that was a tough climb - 10% average and a bit blustery but I got up OK.
that's Steve keeping me honest LOL

Yup, I had the pleasure of doing it after 200km as part of the Mt. Tam Double in August (200 miles, 15,000 feet of climbing). I actualy love that road ...