Alfa Romeo GTV bike carrier

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by northland, Apr 20, 2004.

1. northland

northland New Member

Hi

Can anybody help. Just got an alfa GTV but I can't find anyway of transporting my bike on it?

Has anyone got any ideas about bike racks or anything.

Cheers

Tags:

2. jdc2000

jdc2000 New Member

Yakima or Thule probably have racks that will fit it. You could try e-mailing them.

3. Susan Repp

Susan Repp New Member

I had the same problem with my car - it is a Mitsubishi 3000. I didn't want a cumbersome roof rack, a hitch could easily be taken off. And aparently though there are millions in the world - the U haul said that it takes a "special" (don't I feel important) hitch receiver and that will cost .. zing, zing, yep, $250 smackaroos (most cost only $100) for a 1 1/4" (cannot take a 2" cos I couldn't tow a house with that). Of course with the 1 1/4" I have to BUY an adaptor to make it a 2" which is what the Yakima Slickrock4 needs. Phew .. so after all that it is almost $500!! Well worth it though cos I am tired of shoving my bike in the back dinging everything insight. My mt. bike is little big and dirty to fit comfortably and when I get to wrestling around too long it is NOT a pretty sight. Yakima had some nice features on it like "non rocking" ties so the bikes stay stable. They are a bit sturdier. It has a tilt hitch so you don't have to (for midgets like me) keep hiking the bikes in the air. Mine holds 4 so I feel REALLY important!

Hope this helps .. expensive; but, worth it, oh, and for an extra $20 you can have yourelf a trendy lock so someone does nick your expensive, special rack!

Happy hunting!