Alien Cyclists

Stevedvg

Jan 12, 2004
Hi,

I've been visiting this planet for the past few years (originally from Tau Cet - 11.994ly away from Sol - Class G8V) and I was wondering how many other aliens have been hooked by this really cool sport :D

Steve,
West Coast of Africa...

Originally posted by Stevedvg
Hi,

I've been visiting this planet for the past few years (originally from Tau Cet - 11.994ly away from Sol - Class G8V) and I was wondering how many other aliens have been hooked by this really cool sport :D

Steve,
West Coast of Africa...

Nice to know, welcome aboard Planet Earth.

Some of us visitors aren't completely hooked yet, just only this Sunday I found myself sitting in a winery, glass in hand, looking out towards Mt Buffalo instead of climbing it.

But I've promised myself that in 2005 I'll have a go at the 100km Audax Alpine Classic and possibly the 200km+ ATB this year.

Funny species these Earthlings, cycling sure is a lot of fun, but I'm having problems sourcing a road bike frame for shorter types like me.

Damn, wish I'd done more research on basic physical dimensions before beaming down here.:D

Originally posted by cfsmtb
Nice to know, welcome aboard Planet Earth.

Some of us visitors aren't completely hooked yet, just only this Sunday I found myself sitting in a winery, glass in hand, looking out towards Mt Buffalo instead of climbing it.

But I've promised myself that in 2005 I'll have a go at the 100km Audax Alpine Classic and possibly the 200km+ ATB this year.

Funny species these Earthlings, cycling sure is a lot of fun, but I'm having problems sourcing a road bike frame for shorter types like me.

Damn, wish I'd done more research on basic physical dimensions before beaming down here.:D

I must admit the glass of wine does sound a hell of a lot better than slogging away up a mountain :D I'm busy training for the Argus cycle tour in Cape Town in March (109km) I'm doing about 170 - 200km per week at the moment (not enough I think) so I think somewhere around the middle of March I'm going to be in a lot of pain... :( but I'm sure I will have about 15,000 fellow cyclists sharing my misery.

try 35000 fellow cyclists. hehehehe. After the Hyper to Hyper 2 weeks back I decided I needed to get alot fitter. Am training twice a day now.

Originally posted by Stevedvg
Hi,

Steve,
West Coast of Africa...

While you're here, could you vaporize my president and his cronies? Thanks in advance.

James

Originally posted by ouzo
try 35000 fellow cyclists. hehehehe. After the Hyper to Hyper 2 weeks back I decided I needed to get alot fitter. Am training twice a day now.

Howzit Ouzo -

Hey I was only 20000 cyclists out :D - I'm cycling to work and back at the moment - the morning's are great but the South-Easter up here on the west-coast is a $^%&ing killer in the afternoon. Basically just under 40kms per day - I've been thinking about doing a longer ride over the weekends but I haven't got around to doing that yet - still too actively involved in the most popular west-coast sport - sinking frosties :cool:

Ciao,
Steve

Originally posted by jmcmillanut
While you're here, could you vaporize my president and his cronies? Thanks in advance.

James

Hey James -

Sorry dude but my species is strictly non-violent. But what you can do is send them over here to the west coast of deepest darkest Africa and I'll drink them to death :D

Steve

I met another of your species, known as Nicole Cooke on this planet. I assume she is an Alien as she rides like she is on another planet. My theory is that gravity and air density is greater on Tau Cet hence exceptional speed in Earth's favourable atmosphere. I think her space ship crashed though as she ended up in Wales, at least now she has completed her journey to mainland Europe.

Originally posted by 2LAP
I met another of your species, known as Nicole Cooke on this planet. I assume she is an Alien as she rides like she is on another planet. My theory is that gravity and air density is greater on Tau Cet hence exceptional speed in Earth's favourable atmosphere. I think her space ship crashed though as she ended up in Wales, at least now she has completed her journey to mainland Europe.

Yes your theory regarding gravity / atmospheric preasure is right on the money - unfortunately I have as yet not been able to exploit this advantage as I have developed a taste for your earth beverage "Beer". This had caused numerous strange physiological impairments that have somewhat messed up my power-to-weight ratio :(