All highly civilised

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Wafflycathcsdir

All highly civilised.

Glorious sunny weather in deepest rural Norfolk this April day; Spring is sprung, the lambs gambol
in the fields and the neighbour's chickens call round for their daily feast from "She Who Is a
Sucker When It Comes To Animals" namely, me.

I decided the day was far too good to waste on stuff like *housework* and got ready to go out on my
bike. Having a dodgy knee at the moment, I knew I would have to be sensible and stick to cycling
slowly in low gears so I wouldn't strain my knee at all. Vernon decided to join me on my cycle ride,
so we set off in a general easterly direction.

Today is the first real short-sleeved top day, so I smothered my few bare bits in factor 45, insect
repellent and swallowed an antihistamine tablet. I applied liberal quantities of ibuprofen gel to
the aching knees. For some reason insect life look at me out of their compound eyes and are
immediately taken as to just how juicy and tasty I am from an insect point of view - hence the vast
quantities of "Jungle Formula" for the wilds of Norfolk. I was probably way over the UCI threshold
for various supposedly performance enhancing compounds, but I doubt Lance Armstrong has to worry
about this Fatbirdonabike overtaking him on Alpe d'Huez.

We cycled around the lanes to Castle Acre aided by a fine tailwind. Once at Castle Acre we sat
outside a Ye Olde Worlde Tea Shoppe type place, of which there are several in the village. The owner
brought out fresh coffee and a plate of assorted cakes. All highly civilised! After consuming a
sweet-mince **** & half an iced-sponge bun and an Eccles cake between us (Vernon had the Eccles cake
- I loathe them) and a couple of cups of freshly made coffee each, we set off for the journey back
home across the lanes. The tailwind had turned into a headwind and one where, on the exposed lanes,
it was so strong, we couldn't freewheel downhill, but had to pedal quite hard to keep going
forwards. If didn't pedal the wind was strong enough to stop us from having any forward momentum,
even on a downhill. The journey home took twice as long as the journey to Castle Acre due to the
combined effect of headwind and more uphill sections on the return leg. I just stayed in a low gear
and pedalled along slowly. Even though the headwind was quite strong, it was warm due to the
glorious sunshine and almost cloudless blue sky.

On getting home, I've fed the neighbour's chickens again, as they now come to the back door begging
to be fed; I've made a fuss of a certain one-eyed black-furred lady cat who has spent the day
soaking up the sun by lying in the patch of warm sun flooding in through the dining room patio
doors; I've put the roast in the oven (not the neighbour's chickens), prepared the veggies and in
about an hour we'll be having a late Sunday roast dinner.

All highly civilised I think. I could do with lots more days like this.

Cheers, helen s

Sunday, 13 April 2003

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
~~~~~~~~~~

"wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> All highly civilised.
>
> Glorious sunny weather in deepest rural Norfolk this April
day; Spring is
> sprung, the lambs gambol in the fields and the neighbour's
chickens call round
> for their daily feast from "She Who Is a Sucker When It
Comes To Animals"
> namely, me.
>
> I decided the day was far too good to waste on stuff like
*housework* and got
> ready to go out on my bike. Having a dodgy knee at the
moment, I knew I would
> have to be sensible and stick to cycling slowly in low
gears so I wouldn't
> strain my knee at all. Vernon decided to join me on my
cycle ride, so we set
> off in a general easterly direction.
>
> Today is the first real short-sleeved top day, so I
smothered my few bare bits
> in factor 45, insect repellent and swallowed an
antihistamine tablet. I applied
> liberal quantities of ibuprofen gel to the aching knees.
For some reason insect
> life look at me out of their compound eyes and are
immediately taken as to just
> how juicy and tasty I am from an insect point of view -
hence the vast
> quantities of "Jungle Formula" for the wilds of Norfolk. I
was probably way
> over the UCI threshold for various supposedly performance
enhancing compounds,
> but I doubt Lance Armstrong has to worry about this
Fatbirdonabike overtaking
> him on Alpe d'Huez.
>
> We cycled around the lanes to Castle Acre aided by a fine
tailwind. Once at
> Castle Acre we sat outside a Ye Olde Worlde Tea Shoppe
type place, of which
> there are several in the village. The owner brought out
fresh coffee and a
> plate of assorted cakes. All highly civilised! After
consuming a sweet-mince
> **** & half an iced-sponge bun and an Eccles cake between
us (Vernon had the
> Eccles cake - I loathe them) and a couple of cups of
freshly made coffee each,
> we set off for the journey back home across the lanes. The
tailwind had turned
> into a headwind and one where, on the exposed lanes, it
was so strong, we
> couldn't freewheel downhill, but had to pedal quite hard
to keep going
> forwards. If didn't pedal the wind was strong enough to
stop us from having any
> forward momentum, even on a downhill. The journey home
took twice as long as
> the journey to Castle Acre due to the combined effect of
headwind and more
> uphill sections on the return leg. I just stayed in a low
gear and pedalled
> along slowly. Even though the headwind was quite strong,
it was warm due to the
> glorious sunshine and almost cloudless blue sky.
>
> On getting home, I've fed the neighbour's chickens again,
as they now come to
> the back door begging to be fed; I've made a fuss of a
certain one-eyed
> black-furred lady cat who has spent the day soaking up the
sun by lying in the
> patch of warm sun flooding in through the dining room
patio doors; I've put the
> roast in the oven (not the neighbour's chickens), prepared
the veggies and in
> about an hour we'll be having a late Sunday roast dinner.
>
> All highly civilised I think. I could do with lots more
days like this.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
>
> Sunday, 13 April 2003

Eccles cakes are ok - but English coffee - yuck. Whatever happened to the "pot of tea"??

But come to think of it, all I get on a ride is a cereal bar and a drink of water, so maybe not so
bad at that.....

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...

> All highly civilised I think. I could do with lots more days like this.

So could I!! Nice report.

--
Dave Kerber Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

REAL programmers write self-modifying code.

>Eccles cakes are ok - but English coffee - yuck. Whatever happened to the "pot of tea"??
>
>But come to think of it, all I get on a ride is a cereal bar and a drink of water, so maybe not so
>bad at that.....

Nothing wrong with freshly ground coffee beans turned into glorious fresh coffee! :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~
Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!

~~~~~~~~~~

>So could I!! Nice report.

Thanks - today is yet another *lovely* day - if a tad windy, so I'm off out again! I'm making the
most of this weather whilst it's here :)

Cheers, helen s

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Sounds like a marvelous and highly civilized day you've spent. The only thing missing is being able
to spell the word. By the way, get rid of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory for the knees-----they
will only get worse with it. Glucosamine and MSM will do wonders for such ailments. Cheers.

Steve McDonald

After three cups of crème brulee and four pigs in a blanket, I filled my water bottle and hit some
Georgia backroads...it's a big change from Houston, being able to hear nothing but the hum of your
tires...truly wonderful.

Very nice, I would say. I have a similar scenario, I call it "The Trilogy." It involves, the three
basics of life: food (eating out preferable) ,

order.)

Cheers to all, have a "Trilogy" weekend!

wafflycathcsdirtycatlitter wrote:

> All highly civilised.
>
> Glorious sunny weather in deepest rural Norfolk this April day; Spring is sprung, the lambs gambol
> in the fields and the neighbour's chickens call round for their daily feast from "She Who Is a
> Sucker When It Comes To Animals" namely, me.
>
> I decided the day was far too good to waste on stuff like *housework* and got ready to go out on
> my bike. Having a dodgy knee at the moment, I knew I would have to be sensible and stick to
> cycling slowly in low gears so I wouldn't strain my knee at all. Vernon decided to join me on my
> cycle ride, so we set off in a general easterly direction.
>
> Today is the first real short-sleeved top day, so I smothered my few bare bits in factor 45,
> insect repellent and swallowed an antihistamine tablet. I applied liberal quantities of ibuprofen
> gel to the aching knees. For some reason insect life look at me out of their compound eyes and are
> immediately taken as to just how juicy and tasty I am from an insect point of view - hence the
> vast quantities of "Jungle Formula" for the wilds of Norfolk. I was probably way over the UCI
> threshold for various supposedly performance enhancing compounds, but I doubt Lance Armstrong has
> to worry about this Fatbirdonabike overtaking him on Alpe d'Huez.
>
> We cycled around the lanes to Castle Acre aided by a fine tailwind. Once at Castle Acre we sat
> outside a Ye Olde Worlde Tea Shoppe type place, of which there are several in the village. The
> owner brought out fresh coffee and a plate of assorted cakes. All highly civilised! After
> consuming a sweet-mince **** & half an iced-sponge bun and an Eccles cake between us (Vernon had
> the Eccles cake - I loathe them) and a couple of cups of freshly made coffee each, we set off for
> the journey back home across the lanes. The tailwind had turned into a headwind and one where, on
> the exposed lanes, it was so strong, we couldn't freewheel downhill, but had to pedal quite hard
> to keep going forwards. If didn't pedal the wind was strong enough to stop us from having any
> forward momentum, even on a downhill. The journey home took twice as long as the journey to Castle
> Acre due to the combined effect of headwind and more uphill sections on the return leg. I just
> stayed in a low gear and pedalled along slowly. Even though the headwind was quite strong, it was
> warm due to the glorious sunshine and almost cloudless blue sky.
>
> On getting home, I've fed the neighbour's chickens again, as they now come to the back door
> begging to be fed; I've made a fuss of a certain one-eyed black-furred lady cat who has spent the
> day soaking up the sun by lying in the patch of warm sun flooding in through the dining room patio
> doors; I've put the roast in the oven (not the neighbour's chickens), prepared the veggies and in
> about an hour we'll be having a late Sunday roast dinner.
>
> All highly civilised I think. I could do with lots more days like this.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> Sunday, 13 April 2003
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~
> Flush out that intestinal parasite and/or the waste product before sending a reply!
>
> Any speeliong mistake$ aR the resiult of my cats sitting on the keyboaRRRDdd
> ~~~~~~~~~~

--

Tp

-------- __o ----- -\<. ------ __o --- ( ) / ( ) ---- -\<. ----------------- ( ) / ( )
---------------------------------------------

Freedom is not free; Free men are not equal; Equal men are not free.

Status
Not open for further replies.