All mountian hardtail ????

Rowlie

Guest
Hi
I am looking for a North Shore do everything hardtail.
I have a few candidates in mind.

Orange Crush
Norco Sasquatch
Cove Stiffly

I know the Crush is 35 lb

Anyone know what the Sasquatch weight is.

Is the Cove worth the extra cash, to build up from the frame?
Anyone know what a all mountain, would weight in at?

The Sasquatch is by far the cheapest bike, it if it is really heavy it will
give it a miss.

Thanks for your help Andrew.

"Rowlie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hi
> I am looking for a North Shore do everything hardtail.
> I have a few candidates in mind.
>
> Orange Crush
> Norco Sasquatch
> Cove Stiffly
>
> I know the Crush is 35 lb
>
> Anyone know what the Sasquatch weight is.
>
> Is the Cove worth the extra cash, to build up from the frame?
> Anyone know what a all mountain, would weight in at?
>
> The Sasquatch is by far the cheapest bike, it if it is really heavy it

will
> give it a miss.
>
> Thanks for your help Andrew.

Have a look at Planet-X, Banshee, Evil, Sinister Bikes, Rocky Mountain Flow.
They are all able to take abuse and come back for more. I have no idea what
an average all-mountain ht should weigh. I have a Heckler that's about 27
lbs.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Rowlie wrote:
> The Sasquatch is by far the cheapest bike, it if it is really heavy it will
> give it a miss.

The Sasquatch frame is not much heavier than your other choices. When
it comes to an overbuilt hardtail frame, going less expensive doesn't
usually mean there is the durability issue there is with XC-weight
bikes.

JD

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Try lifting that 30 plus lbs bike up and down steps. Or
> up and down to a roof or trunk rack. Don't forget stonewall and
> fencing.

My bike weighs in at over 36lb, with water and tools in a heavy pack, well,
I would be lugging around 45 + lb. (When I still could), I rode that bike
all the hell over the UK, carrying it up almost vertical hills, over walls
and fences, 30 to 40 miles of up and down with very little level ground - no
problems. Of course, now my knees and back are too FU to ride much more than
a beer run but hey...

Shaun aRe

Shaun aRe wrote:

> My bike weighs in at over 36lb, with water and tools in a heavy pack, well,
> I would be lugging around 45 + lb. (When I still could), I rode that bike
> all the hell over the UK, carrying it up almost vertical hills, over walls
> and fences, 30 to 40 miles of up and down with very little level ground - no
> problems. Of course, now my knees and back are too FU to ride much more than
> a beer run but hey...

Hmmm.....

[email protected] wrote:
> Try lifting that 30 plus lbs bike up and down steps. Or
> up and down to a roof or trunk rack. Don't forget stonewall and
> fencing.

I do that every ride, my bike is about 34lb plus camelpak and tools,
camera and machete.

Laters,

Marz

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Shaun aRe wrote:
>>
>> My bike weighs in at over 36lb, with water and tools in a heavy pack,
>> well,
>> I would be lugging around 45 + lb. (When I still could), I rode that bike
>> all the hell over the UK, carrying it up almost vertical hills, over
>> walls
>> and fences, 30 to 40 miles of up and down with very little level ground -
>> no
>> problems. Of course, now my knees and back are too FU to ride much more
>> than
>> a beer run but hey...

> Hmmm.....

',;~}~

Shaun aRe - Well I can't blame the *beer*...

Well I guess you don't ride that 30 plus bike that much
only in your mind. My bikes range from 23 lbs to a 50 lbs 3 speed and
that 3 speed is like carrying 2 bikes at once. I would carry that 27
speed 23 lbs bike any day over that 50 lbs 3 speed.