All racists take one step forward

Tom Sanders

Guest
I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each other to
take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While it would appear that these folks have an unnatural eagerness
to kiss JD's ass, a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't stand to see a
black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the back of the bus.

New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.

Tom Sanders <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each other
> to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While it would appear that these folks have an unnatural
> eagerness to kiss JD's
ass,
> a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his

"Klan"

Cheap, myopic shot.

> just can't stand to see a black man with pride.

What rot - pride has nothing to do with it, it's about ego, and people that are so far up their own
arses they can see the backs of their own eyeballs. Any one of us that's 'had a go' at him, would
take the same shots at someone like that no matter what colour they were.

> They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the back of the bus.
>
> New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.

I have taken shots at TBF myself, and I am most certainly not racist. It's people like you, who
cannot seem to see beyond race, to the underlying facts, that unwittingly promote racist attitudes.
As far as I'm concerned (and no doubt the others too), race is and never was a part of it.

Now, go sort out your own 'race related' attitudes, and when you can see clearly past 'race', come
back and retract this utter bollocks.

Shaun aRe

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Tom Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each other
> to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While it would appear that these folks have an unnatural
> eagerness to kiss JD's
ass,
> a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't stand
> see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the back of
> the bus.
>
> New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.

Alright, let's all slow down a little bit here. Personally I don't care about racial slanders from
the likes of JD and his klan.... I give just as good as I get anyday.

But your right, a few well placed coments to one of those guys angers them enough to let the racist
undertones slip out. Just take a look at JD, do you actually expect better?

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Tom Sanders <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each
> > other to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While
it
> > would appear that these folks have an unnatural eagerness to kiss JD's
> ass,
> > a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his
>
> "Klan"
>
> Cheap, myopic shot.
>
> > just can't stand to see a black man with pride.
>
> What rot - pride has nothing to do with it, it's about ego, and people
that
> are so far up their own arses they can see the backs of their own
eyeballs.
> Any one of us that's 'had a go' at him, would take the same shots at
someone
> like that no matter what colour they were.
>
> > They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the back of the bus.
> >
> > New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.
>

> I have taken shots at TBF myself, and I am most certainly not racist. It's people like you,
> who cannot seem to see beyond race, to the underlying facts, that unwittingly promote racist
> attitudes. As far as I'm concerned (and no doubt the others too), race is and never was a
> part of it.
>

> Now, go sort out your own 'race related' attitudes, and when you can see clearly past 'race', come
> back and retract this utter bollocks.
>

> Shaun aRe

What's with all the swearing man? are you frustrated? And here I thought we were getting along
so well....

Tom Sanders wrote:
> I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each other
> to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While it would appear that these folks have an unnatural
> eagerness to kiss JD's ass, a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't
> stand to see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the
> back of the bus.
>
> New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.

Perhaps you're too concerned with being PC. TBF has taken a bashing because, in my view, he was
acting like a **** and he had an attitude. It would seem that it has had an effect, because he's
been far less confrontational the last couple of days.

I'm not going to *****-foot around and make special exceptions just to appease folk like you who
assume just because I'm having a 'lively debate' with a black guy, that it necessarily has to have
racist overtones.

I would hope that TBF sees it that way too, and if I were him, I would not want people treating me
differently because of my skin colour - isn't that the true definition of racism?

http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Tom Sanders wrote:
> > I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each
> > other to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While
it
> > would appear that these folks have an unnatural eagerness to kiss JD's
ass,
> > a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't stand
> > see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should
get
> > back to the back of the bus.
> >
> > New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.
>
> Perhaps you're too concerned with being PC. TBF has taken a bashing because, in my view, he was
> acting like a **** and he had an attitude. It would seem that it has had an effect, because he's
> been far less confrontational the last couple of days.
>
> I'm not going to *****-foot around and make special exceptions just to appease folk like you who
> assume just because I'm having a 'lively debate' with a black guy, that it necessarily has to have
> racist overtones.
>
> I would hope that TBF sees it that way too, and if I were him, I would not want people treating me
> differently because of my skin colour - isn't that the true definition of racism?
>
> --
> a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
>
> a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm

Oh Bomba I fell like crying, that was so beautifully said...

But seriously, I know a racist slur when i hear one. My brother and I went to an all-white military
academy, we kick *ss before and after roll-call. After a few years of that you get to be a good
judge of who needs to get spanked and who's playing. There were definitely some racist remarks in
the past exchanges with some of JD's Klan, but nothing to worry about.

As for the attitude, let's not go calling the the kettle "black" just yet. I've read many posts here
with the intent of giving others the impression that you guys have been everywhere and know
everything about mountain biking. That's how all this sh*t started.

So let's all take a minute and slow the rolls okay!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
alt.mountain-bike Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 7:09 AM Subject: Re: All racists take one
step forward

> I am most certainly not racist.

Predictable

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| --
| http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
| news:[email protected]...
| > Tom Sanders wrote:
| > > I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each
| > > other to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf.
While
| it
| > > would appear that these folks have an unnatural eagerness to kiss JD's
| ass,
| > > a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't
stand
| > > see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should
| get
| > > back to the back of the bus.
| > >
| > > New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.
| >
| > Perhaps you're too concerned with being PC. TBF has taken a bashing because, in my view, he was
| > acting like a **** and he had an attitude. It would seem that it has had an effect, because he's
| > been far less confrontational the last couple of days.
| >
| > I'm not going to *****-foot around and make special exceptions just to appease folk like you who
| > assume just because I'm having a 'lively debate' with a black guy, that it necessarily has to
| > have racist overtones.
| >
| > I would hope that TBF sees it that way too, and if I were him, I would not want people treating
| > me differently because of my skin colour - isn't that the true definition of racism?
| >
| > --
| > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
| >
| > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
| >

| Oh Bomba I fell like crying, that was so beautifully said...
|
| But seriously, I know a racist slur when i hear one. My brother and I went to an all-white
| military academy, we kick *ss before and after roll-call. After a few years of that you get to be
| a good judge of who needs to get spanked and who's playing. There were definitely some racist
| remarks in
the
| past exchanges with some of JD's Klan, but nothing to worry about.
|
| As for the attitude, let's not go calling the the kettle "black" just yet. I've read many posts
| here with the intent of giving others the impression that you guys have been everywhere and know
| everything about mountain biking. That's how all this sh*t started.
|
| So let's all take a minute and slow the rolls okay!

Passes TBF a beer and chills......has some cold stella for shaun too. Funny thing is if everyone met
up in person most of the extremely opinionated people would more than likely be very quiet however
we would all get along I am sure. Are we not all mountain bikers underneath?

Simon.........less remarks on hippie stuff, i got long hair :eek:)

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Simon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> |

> | --
> | http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "bomba" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> | news:[email protected]...
> While
> | it
JD's
> | ass,
> stand
> | get

> | > Perhaps you're too concerned with being PC. TBF has taken a bashing because, in my view, he
> | > was acting like a **** and he had an attitude. It would seem that it has had an effect,
> | > because he's been far less confrontational the last couple of days.
> | >
> | > I'm not going to *****-foot around and make special exceptions just to appease folk like you
> | > who assume just because I'm having a 'lively debate' with a black guy, that it necessarily has
> | > to have racist overtones.
> | >
> | > I would hope that TBF sees it that way too, and if I were him, I would not want people
> | > treating me differently because of my skin colour - isn't that the true definition of racism?
> | >
> | > --
> | > a.m-b FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/ambfaq.htm
> | >
> | > a.bmx FAQ: http://www.t-online.de/~jharris/bmx_faq.htm
> | >

> | Oh Bomba I fell like crying, that was so beautifully said...
> |
> | But seriously, I know a racist slur when i hear one. My brother and I
went
> | to an all-white military academy, we kick *ss before and after
roll-call.
> | After a few years of that you get to be a good judge of who needs to get spanked and who's
> | playing. There were definitely some racist remarks in
> the
> | past exchanges with some of JD's Klan, but nothing to worry about.
> |
> | As for the attitude, let's not go calling the the kettle "black" just
yet.
> | I've read many posts here with the intent of giving others the
impression
> | that you guys have been everywhere and know everything about mountain biking. That's how all
> | this sh*t started.
> |
> | So let's all take a minute and slow the rolls okay!
> |

> Passes TBF a beer and chills......has some cold stella for shaun too. Funny thing is if everyone
> met up in person most of the extremely opinionated people would more than likely be very quiet
> however we would
all
> get along I am sure. Are we not all mountain bikers underneath?
>
> Simon.........less remarks on hippie stuff, i got long hair :eek:)

Pass a spliff with that beer and i'll grow dreadlocks and join ya!

"Tom Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each other
> to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While it would appear that these folks have an unnatural
> eagerness to kiss JD's
ass,
> a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't stand
> see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should get back to the back of
> the bus.
>
> New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.

Hmmm. I don't personally know all of you, and I haven't paid much attention to who might be what
color. I did cringe a little when I saw what was most likely a careless remark which could could
have been interpreted as a racial slur or possibly an indicator of a poor general attitude in terms
of racial differences. Chances are it wasn't intended that way but it can be a fine line and the
stakes are high in these issues.

What I can say is that I'm not a member of any Klan (maybe my family clan, but that's different),
but one of the people here I do personally know is JD. While he may come across as abrasive online,
a racist he is not. Things often get blown out of proportion when something like this comes up and I
beg of all of you, please let's leave this ugliness behind (and stick to our usual ugliness). If you
are a racist, then go away or at least keep your stupid, backward thinking to yourself. If you're
not (as I believe is the case with the majority here) then let's drop it.

Please.

Matt (Peace, love n' all that **** to all)

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > I have watched with great interest the way a few "regulars" here have steeped all over each
> > other to take shots at TBF on JD's behalf. While
it
> > would appear that these folks have an unnatural eagerness to kiss JD's
> ass,
> > a more troubling pattern has appeared. JD and his Klan just can't stand
> > see a black man with pride. They think TBF has been uppity and should
get
> > back to the back of the bus.
> >
> > New millenium? How pathetic. More like the days down south on the plantation.
> >

> Hmmm. I don't personally know all of you, and I haven't paid much
attention
> to who might be what color. I did cringe a little when I saw what was most likely a careless
> remark which could could have been interpreted as a
racial
> slur or possibly an indicator of a poor general attitude in terms of
racial
> differences. Chances are it wasn't intended that way but it can be a fine line and the stakes are
> high in these issues.
>
> What I can say is that I'm not a member of any Klan (maybe my family clan, but that's different),
> but one of the people here I do personally know is JD. While he may come across as abrasive
> online, a racist he is not.
Things
> often get blown out of proportion when something like this comes up and I beg of all of you,
> please let's leave this ugliness behind (and stick to
our
> usual ugliness). If you are a racist, then go away or at least keep your stupid, backward thinking
> to yourself. If you're not (as I believe is the case with the majority here) then let's drop it.
>
> Please.
>
> Matt (Peace, love n' all that **** to all)

Alrighty then, I'll go first...tell your buddy JD that I'm sorry I called him a hippie racist. I'll
be nicer to him and his boys from now on.

Can we all gather round' the campfire and sing some songs now? I play guitar

"Tom Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
> alt.mountain-bike Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 7:09 AM Subject: Re: All racists take one
> step forward
>

> > I am most certainly not racist.
>
> Predictable

Right. Denial is a sign that your accusations are true, as would be admission. It's a no-win
situation.

Kind of like a witch hunt. Dunk her in the lake and if she lives she's a witch and will be burned.
If she dies then she's off the hook.

Matt

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message

> http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/
<snip>
> > Hmmm. I don't personally know all of you, and I haven't paid much
> attention
> > to who might be what color. I did cringe a little when I saw what was
most
> > likely a careless remark which could could have been interpreted as a
> racial
> > slur or possibly an indicator of a poor general attitude in terms of
> racial
> > differences. Chances are it wasn't intended that way but it can be a
fine
> > line and the stakes are high in these issues.
> >
> > What I can say is that I'm not a member of any Klan (maybe my family
clan,
> > but that's different), but one of the people here I do personally know
is
> > JD. While he may come across as abrasive online, a racist he is not.
> Things
> > often get blown out of proportion when something like this comes up and
> > beg of all of you, please let's leave this ugliness behind (and stick to
> our
> > usual ugliness). If you are a racist, then go away or at least keep your stupid, backward
> > thinking to yourself. If you're not (as I believe is
the
> > case with the majority here) then let's drop it.
> >
> > Please.
> >
> > Matt (Peace, love n' all that **** to all)
> >

> Alrighty then, I'll go first...tell your buddy JD that I'm sorry I called him a hippie racist.
> I'll be nicer to him and his boys from now on.
>
> Can we all gather round' the campfire and sing some songs now? I play
guitar

I'm game if you are. I'll bring my bongos, didgeridoo, and a big fatty (perhaps a few).

Seriously, we don't all have to get along, but let's be clear about why we treat each other like
****. Or at least eliminate a potential reason.

Matt (hippy on the inside of my short-haired head)

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom Sanders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shaun Rimmer" <[email protected]> Newsgroups:
> > alt.mountain-bike Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 7:09 AM Subject: Re: All racists take one step
> > forward
> >

> > > I am most certainly not racist.
> >
> > Predictable
> >

> Right. Denial is a sign that your accusations are true, as would be admission. It's a no-win
> situation.
>
> Kind of like a witch hunt. Dunk her in the lake and if she lives she's a witch and will be burned.
> If she dies then she's off the hook.
>
> Matt

C'mon let's leave it already.

BTW: My wife is white, and although I put up with a lot of racism both here in Canada and the US,
it's not a defining thing in my life. If it was, I would not have married my college sweetheart and
had a beautiful child.

Everyone just smooth out a little. I promise not to take anymore days off and stir up sh*t, LOL

..::TBF::.. wrote:
>>> But seriously, I know a racist slur when i hear one. My brother and I went to an all-white
>>> military academy, we kick *ss before and after roll-call. After a few years of that you get to
>>> be a good judge of who needs to get spanked and who's playing. There were definitely some racist
>>> remarks in the past exchanges with some of JD's Klan, but nothing to worry about.
>>>
>>> As for the attitude, let's not go calling the the kettle "black" just yet. I've read many posts
>>> here with the intent of giving others the impression that you guys have been everywhere and know
>>> everything about mountain biking. That's how all this sh*t started.
>>>
>>> So let's all take a minute and slow the rolls okay!
>>>

>> Passes TBF a beer and chills......has some cold stella for shaun too. Funny thing is if everyone
>> met up in person most of the extremely opinionated people would more than likely be very quiet
>> however we would all get along I am sure. Are we not all mountain bikers underneath?
>>
>> Simon.........less remarks on hippie stuff, i got long hair :eek:)
>>

> Pass a spliff with that beer and i'll grow dreadlocks and join ya!

I had no idea that TBF was black and that all the fuss was because of the black guy/poseur photo
that was posted. Was that you in the photoTBF?

Obviously I've missed something. What else is new?

penny

--
http://members.rogers.com/theblackfoxx/ "Penny S." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> >> Passes TBF a beer and chills......has some cold stella for shaun too. Funny thing is if
> >> everyone met up in person most of the extremely opinionated people would more than likely be
> >> very quiet however we would all get along I am sure. Are we not all mountain bikers underneath?
> >>
> >> Simon.........less remarks on hippie stuff, i got long hair :eek:)
> >>

> > Pass a spliff with that beer and i'll grow dreadlocks and join ya!
>
> I had no idea that TBF was black and that all the fuss was because of the black guy/poseur photo
> that was posted. Was that you in the photoTBF?
>
> Obviously I've missed something. What else is new?
>
> penny

Black as the day is bright lady. I wouldn't sweat it though, it was a slipped racist remark about a
day ago and everyone got a little hot under the collar.

oh yeah, that was my picture, we have an amateur racing team up here and it's part of an advertising
spot for sponsors.

..::TBF::.. wrote:
>> I had no idea that TBF was black and that all the fuss was because of the black guy/poseur photo
>> that was posted. Was that you in the photoTBF?
>>
>> Obviously I've missed something. What else is new?
>>
>> penny
>>

> Black as the day is bright lady. I wouldn't sweat it though, it was a slipped racist remark about
> a day ago and everyone got a little hot under the collar.
>
> oh yeah, that was my picture, we have an amateur racing team up here and it's part of an
> advertising spot for sponsors.

cool... if it had more skin it might have made it to a thread in an all women's bike foum where we
are looking for "just for the grrls" bike ****. I posted Jonathna's helmet hair instead that's good
for a few laughs.

penny

It's not about race or color or religion... Don't you get it?

There is a _huge_ difference between being "black" and being a "n!gg&r", it's called ATTITUDE.

I know plenty of black folks who are the coolest people in the world and I an happy to call my
friends. My family stayed with/in the home of a "black" family when we visit Memphis. Melvin and
Olivia are the kindest, most down to earth folks, caring and generous folks we have ever met and I
am prous to count them as friends.

Conversely, I see plenty of caucasians who need a serious "attitude adjustment" I simply refer to
them as "Wiggers".

..::TBF::.. wrote:

> Oh Bomba I fell like crying, that was so beautifully said...

Thanks. I have to admit to wiping away a tear in the corner of my eye as I wrote it ;~p

> But seriously, I know a racist slur when i hear one. My brother and I went to an all-white
> military academy, we kick *ss before and after roll-call. After a few years of that you get to be
> a good judge of who needs to get spanked and who's playing. There were definitely some racist
> remarks in the past exchanges with some of JD's Klan, but nothing to worry about.

I've only seen one, AFAIR. I just didn't like the insinuation that we're all racist because you
got flamed.

> As for the attitude, let's not go calling the the kettle "black" just yet. I've read many posts
> here with the intent of giving others the impression that you guys have been everywhere and know
> everything about mountain biking. That's how all this sh*t started.

A lot of people have been all over and the knowledge level is very high. There are guys here who've
been mountain biking almost as long as I've been alive and in many cases, their words have been
backed up by their actions, so I'm not exactly sure where you're coming from.

OTOH, I think you know why a lot of guys stuck the boot in to you.

> So let's all take a minute and slow the rolls okay!

Guess that'll be one them 'merkan phrases that means chill out. Fair enough :)

"..::TBF::.." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

| I've read many posts here with the intent of giving others the impression that you guys have been
| everywhere and know everything about mountain biking. That's how all this sh*t started.

ROTFLMAO!

The irony continues to kill 'em.

"You assume others are poseurs, and your entitled to close your eyes and jump off that cliff if
you want."

--
Pete Fagerlin

Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm