'All Terrain' Downloadable Version...

Andrew_carter

Guest
www.unicyclist.com/gallery/andrew

I've put up the first segment of our movie in a new album.
They will appear in random order as I get permission to use
the various songs, etc. This one is part 16 of 21. I've
decided that I'll make all the file sizes just big enough to
allow 25 frames per second with Windows Movie Maker. If
anyone wants smaller versions available, let me know and
I'll sort that out.

There are a few problems with the music in this one. I don't
know what's going on and it's getting really frustrating.
I'll have to sort it out before making the DVD. You'll hear
what I mean.

Anyway, enjoy the movie. Basically what I wanted to put in
this movie was a lot of riders of varying ages and skill
levels having fun and pushing their limits every now and
then. I will make a 'best of' sort of collection of clips
somewhere along the line.

This segment that's up now is entitled 'Group MUni'. Tony
Melton's in this one (and others). The skate park section
will be available soon enough, and the other (shorter) ones
that aren't going to have music.

Enjoy, and please don't expect too much. :)

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

thank you, thank you, thank you

awesome videos!

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

btw, whats wrong with the music? i think its a great
sountrack...it really flows with the riding perfectly

-grant

--
tennisgh22

The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a
capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety
labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
tennisgh22's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5771

Originally I was going to leave all the extra features just
for the DVD but I've changed my mind. I'm making a few
tutorials (at the moment just dropping seat in and rail
riding, but probably more) and have put the 'dropping to
flat seat' in one up in the 'All Terrain' album -
www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album112 .

I know I'm not the best person to be giving tutorials, but I
figured that they might help somebody still. I've given the
areas that I've covered a bit of thought and put together
some clips and text.

Peter has started making a website for me for an assignment
which will have a bunch of tips and tutorials to download
and/or read. If anyone has any they'd be willing to have put
up on the site I'd really appreciate it...hopefully this
site will be quite helpful once there's enough content up
there. Maybe Ryan's hopping high tutorial? And some of the
spinning seat bold and Miyata fix ones...things like that.

Anyway, enjoy the tutorial. If you want a lower file size
one let me know.

Thanks, Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

The tutorial is excellent! It's better than a lot of
professional stuff I've seen. It focuses on a few distinct,
well-described points and makes and illustrates them well.

Personally I'd space the successive drops a little more,
because it's hard to realize a new one is coming before it's
over. As a video effect, it's great, but for a tutorial my
mind needed more time to setup at the top of the drop.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

one wheeled stallion wrote:
> *Not sure if I was watching the right ones, but the
> backwards railride was REALLY impressive!!! Nice vids! *

I have to agree. Great videos. One of my staff was looking
over my shoulder when you fell after riding backward over
the 1 1/2" skinnie. She says, "Look, falling on something
simple like that!" She just doesn't understand.

Again, great videos. BTW, where are the videos of your
flying suicide mounts. Thanks, --chirokid--

--
chirokid - Wolfman 2004: Unicycle Catagory

"Other than that, the best maintenance is to keep riding it as this
helps to keep the eccentric nut on the saddle in optimal condition."
quote by Mikefule

chirokid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4140

Robbie, Are you sure you're combining rolling out with the
other points mentioned?

U-Turn, Actually that was meant to just be a really quick
into to what's being covered and wasn't meant to help much
at all in learning to drop. So do you think people would
benefit from seeing a few different slow-motion (or normla
speed?) drops as examples? Thanks.

Chirokid, Thanks. As I said, I only recently decided to put
all of the DVD including the extras up in the album so I
haven't gotten around to uploading the suicide mount one. I
will soon. Come to think of it, I may have already done it
in the 'albuu61' album.

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

May I first say: Great riding! I just have part 6 downlaoded
so far, but it's looking great! How much $$$ for the DVD?

I'm curious, do you ever go seat out? I noticed that all
those rock gaps were seat in. Then again, there were some
pretty slanty surfaces, so I guess seat out would've bgeen
hard. Also, whatever gets you to land it, right?

I also would like to mention that I finally got around to
going to rubber from pedal on top of my 2x4. It took me
three tries, but now I have it down. Now I have to practice
gapping out of it...

El Gerbel

P.S. I made it into a sig!!!!:D So what if it's for writing
an oxymoron of a sentence, I made it. :)

--
gerblefranklin - Trials Unicyclist

Don't you think it's a cruel irony that acting like a G.I. Joe in the
army can get you a Medal, while playing with one can get you thrown out?

I was worried that Part 6 would be a bit boring for
people...but then again it's only short. I thought I'd put
it in the movie though because it was so much fun. I love
natural trials...there are so many different angles.

At this stage I only go seat out for high hops. I just don't
feel like I have enough control when I land gaps and I
haven't found that it helps me for gapping distance.

That's great that you made the pedal grab up to the 2x4 -
and in only 3 tries! I'm really amazed...can't wait to see
it on film.

I don't know how much the DVD will cost but not much more at
all than the blank DVD and shipping costs. I've pretty much
dropped the idea of making any sort of profit...that's not
what it should be about. When it's finished I'll get quotes
from the Post Office on shipping and let you know. I'll put
it in a CD case so it'll be smaller. I'm not going to make
it look all professional with a cover and that sort of
thing...just write on it with a permanent marker. :)

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

I had someone ask me to make a video of rolling mounting (or
not quite rolling mounting but that's the most appropriate
name I could think of) a giraffe. So I added step-up mounts
and made a tutorial. It's at...

www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album112

Andrew

--
andrew_carter - www.unicycles.com.au

andrew_carter (at) mail (dot) com
http://www.unicycles.com.au
New photos added 11/04 - http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/albuu61

I've just filmed and made a hop twisting tutorial. I'm only
up to 270 degrees but the points I made should apply to hop
twisting of any level as long as it's from a stationary
start. I'm put two versions (high and low quality) in my
'All Terrain' album right now -
www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album112 .

I'm going to try to make a lot of these tutorials to go on
the unicycling tips and tutorials site that Pete is making
for me for a school assignment of his. If you have anything
you'd like ot submit please let me know. It doesn't have ot
be a video tutorial, it could just be text or images.

Thanks, Andrew