All-weather drop bar commuter based on Nexus 8?

8 Feb 2006 23:12:03 -0800, Chalo:

>But SRAM evidently do not
>have so much faith in it, because it is the only brake I have ever seen
>for which a weight limit is specified.

Shimano gives weight limits for all their rollerbrakes too. IIRC the limit
is 100kg (instead of the 120kg for the i-brake).

Andreas

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> But SRAM evidently do not
> have so much faith in it, because it is the only brake I have ever seen
> for which a weight limit is specified.

I think the spec just means that they designed the product for the
largest part of the market (without compromise) and specced it
accordingly.

In rec.bicycles.misc Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
> But SRAM evidently do not have so much faith in it, because it is
> the only brake I have ever seen for which a weight limit is
> specified.

Others have it very informally, as in "no tandem usage" or even the
assumption that "tandem usage" would have to be specified and is
denied otherwise. From that I appreciate SRAM to at last publish
their assumptions/limits...

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer