allan webb

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Dave Jones, Mar 1, 2004.

  1. Dave Jones

    Dave Jones Guest

    allan webb "the great hope" for american middle running gets smoked yet again as he finished dead
    last in the usa's track and field indoor championships in the 3000 meters. so much for this flash
    in the pan.

    Tags:

  2. Can this guy really be "the great hope" if the sport only has 3 or 4 fans to start with?

  3. Matty G

    Matty G Guest

    I'd hardly say he was smoked, he was only a couple of seconds back and I didn't think he was last.
    He doesn't seem to fair to well in tactical races, which may have something to do with his
    inexperience. He looks like he will be a good runner but I don't know if he will be the man to match
    it with the Africans, maybe an early maturer who has limited room for improvement? Who knows, I hope
    he proves me wrong though.

    dave jones wrote in message ...
    >allan webb "the great hope" for american middle running gets smoked yet again as he finished dead
    >last in the usa's track and field indoor championships in the 3000 meters. so much for this flash
    >in the pan.

  4. Rick++

    Rick++ Guest

    Isnt it "alan"? The recent book "Sub 4:00 mile" by Lear chronicles his tension-filled years at U of
    M between his high school triumphs and eventual dropping out. Interesting look at college running
    sport decades after the Pre years.

  5. ahass

    ahass Guest

    dave jones <[email protected]> wrote:
    > allan webb "the great hope" for american middle running gets smoked yet again as he finished dead
    > last in the usa's track and field indoor championships in the 3000 meters. so much for this flash
    > in the pan.

    ---What are you smoking? I was sitting on turn #2 during that race and he was far from last...maybe
    4th-5th. True he really had no kick, but he did break 8min for the first time. Andy Hass

  6. Bridge6945

    Bridge6945 Guest

  7. Matty G

    Matty G Guest

    he was, and for a young kid it was still a damn good run. He did make the 12km cross team remember
    so it''s no suprise his kick isn't red hot at the moment. Why get on his back and bag him? I know he
    has a nice big Nike contract and run a 3.53 mile but surely some support will help him achieve what
    there knockers expect of him rather than criticism?

    Bridge6945 wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    >Coming into the final lap, he was with the leaders I think:
    >
    >http://www.pixel-run.com/02292004

  8. Amh

    Amh Guest

  9. Kerry Wilson

    Kerry Wilson Guest

    "dave jones" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > allan webb "the great hope" for american middle running
    > gets smoked yet again as he finished dead last in the
    > usa's track and field indoor championships in the 3000
    > meters. so much for this flash in the pan.

    How many trolls is this ng going to accumulate?

  10. Duncan Idaho

    Duncan Idaho Guest

    On 8 Mar 2004 13:34:07 -0800, [email protected] (Kerry Wilson) wrote:

    >How many trolls is this ng going to accumulate?

    We are chartering a 747 as you write...