Allay Saddles...

RedRider2009

Nov 24, 2007
Hello, I have been seeing the Allay Saddle by Topeak in my bicycling magazine for a while now, and I have visited the website multiple times. The concept seems great. Has anybody tried this? If so how well does it work? Where did you buy it? Can you give me an idea about pricing for your saddle as well as the model. Thanks for any help!

RedRider2009 said:
Hello, I have been seeing the Allay Saddle by Topeak in my bicycling magazine for a while now, and I have visited the website multiple times. The concept seems great. Has anybody tried this? If so how well does it work? Where did you buy it? Can you give me an idea about pricing for your saddle as well as the model. Thanks for any help!

Saddles are really a '**** shoot' .All butts are different and if it works, it is good. Go to a shop that has a tryout/like or exchange program. BUT if your fit is not proper, this, like any saddle, won't work. Are you having 'issues'? Sleepy winky or something? If not, don't fix what ain't broken, IMHO.

Does anyone know where you can buy on of these saddles to give them a try? Preferably online or somewhere in Atlanta Georgia

hey. I bought the topeak allay racing 1.1 from amazon.com for about $60. I absolutely LOVE the saddle... it is a mens saddle though, so speaking from a female's prospective, it takes a a lot of the pressure off from the groin area and puts it on your sit bones. It's not a saddle that would allow you to move positions very much... it's pretty much a one way saddle. it comes with a small air cusion that is removable that allows you to adjust the tension in the suspended part... i took that off... didn't notice a huge difference. the racing 1.1 doesn't have a lot of padding in the sit bone area though, so if you're one for liking more padding, it's probably not for you... i like it cause I don't like padding. it comes in different widths to fit the individual so pay attention when buying it.... take the time to measure your sit bone width.

uphttp://www.allaysaddles.com/index.htm

Thanks, I actually don't mind the harder saddles. Those cushie ones can really chafe. :eek:

Yes, to put it in your term peter, my winky has been sleepy. I have tried lots of different positions, but normally after a few miles it disappears, and hurts after that because it is uncomfortable so I try to move things around... My rear end though has not been uncomfortable. I am riding on the original bontrager seat that came on my bike. How do you measure your sit bones?

To measure your sit bone distance there are two ways.. one, is to go to your LBS... they should have a foam pad that you sit on to make an indent where your pelvic bones are and then measure in cm the distance between... or... you can do it at home... if you have a memory foam pillow or something... your bones don't move so you should be able to feel where they are and measure between them.. kind of an odd thing to do but it's important to know how wide or narrow your saddle should be.