Alleweder steering

Mikael Seierup

Guest
Okay so I'm looking at this Alleweder stick for steering. How does it work? Does it flop all over
the place and turn when you twist it or what? How does it work at speed?

Mikael

>Okay so I'm looking at this Alleweder stick for steering. How does it work? Does it flop all over
>the place and turn when you twist it or what? How does it work at speed?

Best way to describe it is to compare it to horse riding; you just hold the stick loosely and twist
it gently to turn. Recently. I've tried out a Mango (same stick as an Alleweder) and a Versatile
(fixed sidesticks), and even though I much prefer my steering to stay in one place (don't like
pivoting stems at all), the Mango felt as least as stable at speed as the Versatile (wich has VERY
direct steering)

Mark van Gorkom.

"Mark van Gorkom" skrev...

> Recently. I've tried out a Mango (same stick as an Alleweder) and a Versatile (fixed sidesticks),
> and even though I much prefer my steering to stay in one place (don't like pivoting stems at all),
> the Mango felt as least as stable at speed as the Versatile (wich has VERY direct steering)

Yea, I don't like moving handlebars very much either although that was on my bike. The sidesticks
are more my cup of tea. I tried a Leitra and the steering felt very direct too. This was just my
first try tho. I expect you get used to it. What I don't like about the Leitra btw is that it bangs
the nose into the ground or even flips over if you floor the brakes. At least on Teros which has
hairtrigger hydraulics. Give the brakes a hard look and you were in trouble. ;-) The Quest uses the
same stick? They should include some cockpit views on the velomobil.nl site.

Cheers Mikael

I have Mango NR32. The stick steering took a few miles to get used to and also time for the little
rubber bushing to wear down a bit. I find it very stable and typically only steer with one hand,
even when blasting down steep hills.

TC Hazzard http://www.hazbro.com/mango

berlin.de...