Allow me to introduce myself

Giant Yukon MTB Girl

Guest
I watched this group for awhile and it looked like mostly hard core but
also some novice riders. And based on some other not so nice postings
y a rude troll, I saw a great deal of you were also gentlemen on bikes!
I'm hoping just to get a few suggestions once in a while for things
about everything mtbiking. (duh of course!). I used to road bike more
than any other normal girl at 14, then I did a local biathalon and was
hooked; road racing when I was late teens early twenties and trained
with the Canada Games Team as well; so I do have some serious scars
more than 20 years old, and proud of them. Can't run anymore though
:-(. I'm just getting back into things after being ill for about two
years, mostly by myself with not much support here, except for that
troll. (OK, just a one liner lesson here: Don't ever move to get
engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!)
Now, I've "cleaned house" so to speak about two months ago, got rid of
that negative troll person in my life who was controlling and dragging
me down; my little black book is slowly filling up and I'm out there.
I owe it all to biking as it has definitely lifted my spirits again. I
always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle. Hoping the
trails in and around Toronto will be as good as they were when I first
rode them in 2002. I enjoyed weekend trips in my car with the bike in
tow to different bike trails near and far. I did keep my dogs and they
are great companions. You can see me and my car, the dogs, my bike and
my motorbike when you click on PHOTOS at
http://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.

MTB Girl

On Dec 20, 3:11 am, "Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> I watched this group for awhile and it looked like mostly hard core but
> also some novice riders. And based on some other not so nice postings
> y a rude troll, I saw a great deal of you were also gentlemen on bikes!
> I'm hoping just to get a few suggestions once in a while for things
> about everything mtbiking. (duh of course!). I used to road bike more
> than any other normal girl at 14, then I did a local biathalon and was
> hooked; road racing when I was late teens early twenties and trained
> with the Canada Games Team as well; so I do have some serious scars
> more than 20 years old, and proud of them. Can't run anymore though
> :-(. I'm just getting back into things after being ill for about two
> years, mostly by myself with not much support here, except for that
> troll. (OK, just a one liner lesson here: Don't ever move to get
> engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!)
> Now, I've "cleaned house" so to speak about two months ago, got rid of
> that negative troll person in my life who was controlling and dragging
> me down; my little black book is slowly filling up and I'm out there.
> I owe it all to biking as it has definitely lifted my spirits again. I
> always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle. Hoping the
> trails in and around Toronto will be as good as they were when I first
> rode them in 2002. I enjoyed weekend trips in my car with the bike in
> tow to different bike trails near and far. I did keep my dogs and they
> are great companions. You can see me and my car, the dogs, my bike and
> my motorbike when you click on PHOTOS athttp://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.
>
> MTB Girl

Pleasure I'm sure Ma'am, enjoy your stay.

Dan

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> I watched this group for awhile and it looked like mostly hard core but
> also some novice riders. And based on some other not so nice postings
> y a rude troll, I saw a great deal of you were also gentlemen on bikes!
> I'm hoping just to get a few suggestions once in a while for things
> about everything mtbiking. (duh of course!). I used to road bike more
> than any other normal girl at 14, then I did a local biathalon and was
> hooked; road racing when I was late teens early twenties and trained
> with the Canada Games Team as well; so I do have some serious scars
> more than 20 years old, and proud of them. Can't run anymore though
> :-(. I'm just getting back into things after being ill for about two
> years, mostly by myself with not much support here, except for that
> troll. (OK, just a one liner lesson here: Don't ever move to get
> engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!)
> Now, I've "cleaned house" so to speak about two months ago, got rid of
> that negative troll person in my life who was controlling and dragging
> me down; my little black book is slowly filling up and I'm out there.
> I owe it all to biking as it has definitely lifted my spirits again. I
> always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle. Hoping the
> trails in and around Toronto will be as good as they were when I first
> rode them in 2002. I enjoyed weekend trips in my car with the bike in
> tow to different bike trails near and far. I did keep my dogs and they
> are great companions. You can see me and my car, the dogs, my bike and
> my motorbike when you click on PHOTOS at
> http://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.
>
> MTB Girl

Welcome.
I only see calligraphy in your photos, but no worries.

Sounds like you are on the right track, or at least off the wrong one.
As you may have noticed we aren't exactly troll-free here, but since you
have experience with them you should be able to handle yourself ok.

I think cycling (and skiing) saved me too, although I'm not exactly sure
what from. Hallelujah!

Matt

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:

> MTB Girl

Welcome. Nice story about how biking is good therapy. When you get a
chance, post a ride report so we can "see" what riding is like from
your location and vantage point...

CDB

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> gentlemen on bikes!

Who came in?

> I do have some serious scars

heheheh...heheheh...she said "serious" Nobody here who is worth a
hoot is "serious".

> Don't ever move to get
> engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!

And you got stuck in Toronto to boot!

> I always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle.

Go ride then. It will prevent you from being schizophrenic.

> http://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.

I didn't see any orchids...

JD

Hiya. The closest singletrack I know of in that area are up around Hardwood
Hills (very moderate), and of course come excellent terrain in the
Muskokas. I think they used to allow bikes on the chairs at Blue Mountain
as well, if you're into that easy-ride-up stuff ;-)

Since it's been 10 years since I biked there, won't bore you with any info
that's likely way out of date. Probably a big biking community in the area,
and it seems having participants of the female persuasion makes for a
popular event.

Oh, yeah. Have fun.

On Dec 20, 11:26 am, MattB <[email protected]> wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
>

> > I watched this group for awhile and it looked like mostly hard core but
> > also some novice riders. And based on some other not so nice postings
> > y a rude troll, I saw a great deal of you were also gentlemen on bikes!
> > I'm hoping just to get a few suggestions once in a while for things
> > about everything mtbiking. (duh of course!). I used to road bike more
> > than any other normal girl at 14, then I did a local biathalon and was
> > hooked; road racing when I was late teens early twenties and trained
> > with the Canada Games Team as well; so I do have some serious scars
> > more than 20 years old, and proud of them. Can't run anymore though
> > :-(. I'm just getting back into things after being ill for about two
> > years, mostly by myself with not much support here, except for that
> > troll. (OK, just a one liner lesson here: Don't ever move to get
> > engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!)
> > Now, I've "cleaned house" so to speak about two months ago, got rid of
> > that negative troll person in my life who was controlling and dragging
> > me down; my little black book is slowly filling up and I'm out there.
> > I owe it all to biking as it has definitely lifted my spirits again. I
> > always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle. Hoping the
> > trails in and around Toronto will be as good as they were when I first
> > rode them in 2002. I enjoyed weekend trips in my car with the bike in
> > tow to different bike trails near and far. I did keep my dogs and they
> > are great companions. You can see me and my car, the dogs, my bike and
> > my motorbike when you click on PHOTOS at
> >http://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.

> > MTB GirlWelcome.

> I only see calligraphy in your photos, but no worries.
>
> Sounds like you are on the right track, or at least off the wrong one.
> As you may have noticed we aren't exactly troll-free here, but since you
> have experience with them you should be able to handle yourself ok.
>
> I think cycling (and skiing) saved me too, although I'm not exactly sure
> what from. Hallelujah!
>
> Matt- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Hi Matt, click on the Photos, then Tall Orchids favourite photos album
(instead of the Calligraphy album) and you'll see more photos. biking
will save me and my knees, as running tended to ruin them when I was in
my 20's. I would take up skiing again, I used to ski lots back home in
the winters, but it seems more expensive and you have to go farther to
get to a decent ski hill from Toronto.

JD: there are no mental issues like schizo in me or my family, but
troll guy prob has the sociopath lying tendencies with no conscience.
Since I don't have that either, I'll have to settle for being just a
MTBiker girl who just has to stop kicking herself too much and just
take the lesson learned to help someone else someday. I'll make
lemonaid out of lemons anyday! No orchids expect in the florist, so
I'll have to either get a nice one for my Christmas present to myself
this year (Sisters wanted to fly me out so I'm not alone, but I think
me and the dogs will be just fine, snow or no snow in Toronto this year
:) I'm also checking out the boxing day sales for a nice digi cam so
I can take that pic of the orchid and put it on the spaces site.

You guys will notice the bikes I had, the Schwinn I had stolen (RIP,
but prob chopped & sold for drugs last year :-( ) and the Giant Yukon
I have now. You won't see the other bike I bought troll which he still
hasn't paid me for to date; but then, how can a troll really enjoy
mountain biking when he's riding on borrowed bikes and time while being
supported by the next flavour woman. haha! ok i know enough about
that, i could get too cruel and funny, but I do get a good laugh with
my friends over this stuff.

The new cam I will certainly take pics of my trails here and
surrounding Toronto, as well as the trails back home. An ex boyfriend
from school (one of many I still am good friends with) now owns a bike
shop which serves the surrounding 5 hour radius back home so he gets
all the business and he stocks alot of stuff. I'm so proud of him. He
used to train me on sprints up hills when we road biked together like
hell raisers all over the county. I did my first 100K race with him.
He'll likely loan me one of his specialized bikes (like yours Matt)
next summer again and I have relatives with a managed forest with
hundreds of acres on a north mountain overlooking Bay of Fundy that I
will be taking pics of as well.

Ah, to get through the winter until riding again. Lucky you JD: to be
in California!

> [...]

> my friends over this stuff.
>
> The new cam I will certainly take pics of my trails here and
> surrounding Toronto, as well as the trails back home. An ex boyfriend
> from school (one of many I still am good friends with) now owns a bike
> shop which serves the surrounding 5 hour radius back home so he gets
> all the business and he stocks alot of stuff. I'm so proud of him. He
> used to train me on sprints up hills when we road biked together like
> hell raisers all over the county. I did my first 100K race with him.
> He'll likely loan me one of his specialized bikes (like yours Matt)
> next summer again and I have relatives with a managed forest with
> hundreds of acres on a north mountain overlooking Bay of Fundy that I
> will be taking pics of as well.
>
> Ah, to get through the winter until riding again. Lucky you JD: to be

Lucky California.... :)

daddy wrote:
> new chick wrote:
> > Lucky you JD: to be
> > in California!

> Lucky California.... :)

O'Doyle rules!

JD

"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
Lucky you JD: to be in California!

That's a matter of perspective........

I'd rather be in Colorado any day.

Gary (AZ's gottalotta beach but no ocean as JD so eloquently type)

<<"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> aka Breath of Fresh Air
wrote a nice message.

Welcome MTBG.

If you've scoped this group out and STILL want to participate then I can't
help but believe that you'll be good therapy. Good luck through the holidays
and let us know how you're doing.

Marty

On Dec 21, 4:20 pm, "Marty" <[email protected]> wrote:
> <<"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> aka Breath of Fresh Air
> wrote a nice message.
>
> Welcome MTBG.
>
> If you've scoped this group out and STILL want to participate then I can't
> help but believe that you'll be good therapy. Good luck through the holidays
> and let us know how you're doing.
>
> Marty

I'M STILL STANDING!

and riding too; but of course :)

MTB Girl

"GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Lucky you JD: to be in California!
>>

>That's a matter of perspective........
>
>I'd rather be in Colorado any day.

Well, maybe not TODAY... ;-)

Mark "unless you're a snowshoer or XC skier" Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >"Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Lucky you JD: to be in California!
> >>

> >That's a matter of perspective........
> >
> >I'd rather be in Colorado any day.

> Well, maybe not TODAY... ;-)
>
> Mark "unless you're a snowshoer or XC skier" Hickey
> Habanero Cycles
> http://www.habcycles.com
> Home of the $795 ti frame

That's the Far Side, not the good side of the Divide.

JD

Mark Hickey wrote:
> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> "Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> Lucky you JD: to be in California!
>> That's a matter of perspective........
>>
>> I'd rather be in Colorado any day.

> Well, maybe not TODAY... ;-)
>
> Mark "unless you're a snowshoer or XC skier" Hickey
> Habanero Cycles
> http://www.habcycles.com
> Home of the $795 ti frame

Oh, it's not that bad. The talking heads on TV make it seem worse than
it really is.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

MattB Gay Penguin Squadron Ace, STFU and stop trying to convey yourself
as civil & interesting and worthy of sharing in MTB experiences, you're
as lame and wussy as it could possibly occur.

Don't correspond unless Ride-A-Lot gives you permission, adjunct.

MattB wrote:
> Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
> > I watched this group for awhile and it looked like mostly hard core but
> > also some novice riders. And based on some other not so nice postings
> > y a rude troll, I saw a great deal of you were also gentlemen on bikes!
> > I'm hoping just to get a few suggestions once in a while for things
> > about everything mtbiking. (duh of course!). I used to road bike more
> > than any other normal girl at 14, then I did a local biathalon and was
> > hooked; road racing when I was late teens early twenties and trained
> > with the Canada Games Team as well; so I do have some serious scars
> > more than 20 years old, and proud of them. Can't run anymore though
> > :-(. I'm just getting back into things after being ill for about two
> > years, mostly by myself with not much support here, except for that
> > troll. (OK, just a one liner lesson here: Don't ever move to get
> > engaged to be married when you don't know enough about the person!)
> > Now, I've "cleaned house" so to speak about two months ago, got rid of
> > that negative troll person in my life who was controlling and dragging
> > me down; my little black book is slowly filling up and I'm out there.
> > I owe it all to biking as it has definitely lifted my spirits again. I
> > always feel like myself again when I'm in the saddle. Hoping the
> > trails in and around Toronto will be as good as they were when I first
> > rode them in 2002. I enjoyed weekend trips in my car with the bike in
> > tow to different bike trails near and far. I did keep my dogs and they
> > are great companions. You can see me and my car, the dogs, my bike and
> > my motorbike when you click on PHOTOS at
> > http://tallorchidgirl.spaces.live.com/.
> >
> > MTB Girl
> >

> Welcome.
> I only see calligraphy in your photos, but no worries.
>
> Sounds like you are on the right track, or at least off the wrong one.
> As you may have noticed we aren't exactly troll-free here, but since you
> have experience with them you should be able to handle yourself ok.
>
> I think cycling (and skiing) saved me too, although I'm not exactly sure
> what from. Hallelujah!
>
> Matt

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Mark Hickey wrote:
>> "GeeDubb" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> "Giant Yukon MTB Girl" <[email protected]> wrote in message Lucky
>>> you JD: to be in California!
>>> That's a matter of perspective........
>>>
>>> I'd rather be in Colorado any day.

>> Well, maybe not TODAY... ;-)
>>
>> Mark "unless you're a snowshoer or XC skier" Hickey
>> Habanero Cycles
>> http://www.habcycles.com
>> Home of the $795 ti frame

> Oh, it's not that bad. The talking heads on TV make it seem worse than it
> really is.

unless you're stuck at the airport.........