Allow me to introduce myself

GeeDubb wrote:

> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> Mark Hickey wrote:

>>> Well, maybe not TODAY... ;-)
>>>
>>> Mark "unless you're a snowshoer or XC skier" Hickey
>>> Habanero Cycles
>>> http://www.habcycles.com
>>> Home of the $795 ti frame

>> Oh, it's not that bad. The talking heads on TV make it seem worse
>> than it really is.
>>

> unless you're stuck at the airport.........

Yeah, that would suck! I saw some folks on the news who were on their
way to Mexico from somewhere else. Just stopped in Denver to change
planes and have been there for a couple of days in the blizzard. Now
their trip is canceled and they are waiting to just get a flight back
home. Lots of friends have canceled trips too, and my workmates kids
were supposed to fly in yesterday from Ca, but won;t be able to until
Monday night.
We only got a little (maybe 6" in town) snow here West of the divide.
Monarch did well with maybe a couple of feet out of the whole storm, but
that's just a "pretty good" storm for them. They can definitely do
better! It was -8 F this morning when I got up but warmed up to 0 for my
ride to work.

Matt

"MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> GeeDubb wrote:
>>
>> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Oh, it's not that bad. The talking heads on TV make it seem worse than
>>> it really is.
>>>

>> unless you're stuck at the airport.........

> Yeah, that would suck! I saw some folks on the news who were on their way
> to Mexico from somewhere else. Just stopped in Denver to change planes and
> have been there for a couple of days in the blizzard. Now their trip is
> canceled and they are waiting to just get a flight back home. Lots of
> friends have canceled trips too, and my workmates kids were supposed to
> fly in yesterday from Ca, but won;t be able to until Monday night.
> We only got a little (maybe 6" in town) snow here West of the divide.
> Monarch did well with maybe a couple of feet out of the whole storm, but
> that's just a "pretty good" storm for them. They can definitely do better!
> It was -8 F this morning when I got up but warmed up to 0 for my ride to
> work.
>
> Matt

It's actually been raining here today.....no mention of it on the morning
news this am......

On Fri, 22 Dec 2006 14:43:56 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

> "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> GeeDubb wrote:
>>>
>>> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:[email protected]...

>>> unless you're stuck at the airport.........

>> Yeah, that would suck! I saw some folks on the news who were on their way
>> to Mexico from somewhere else. Just stopped in Denver to change planes and
>> have been there for a couple of days in the blizzard. Now their trip is
>> canceled and they are waiting to just get a flight back home. Lots of
>> friends have canceled trips too, and my workmates kids were supposed to
>> fly in yesterday from Ca, but won;t be able to until Monday night.
>> We only got a little (maybe 6" in town) snow here West of the divide.
>> Monarch did well with maybe a couple of feet out of the whole storm, but
>> that's just a "pretty good" storm for them. They can definitely do better!
>> It was -8 F this morning when I got up but warmed up to 0 for my ride to
>> work.
>>
>> Matt

> It's actually been raining here today.....no mention of it on the morning
> news this am......

I played a round at Toka Sticks today. (Williams AFB). Froze my A$$ off!
Got a little drizzle. Was around 50F, and gusting winds. So the wind
chill must of put it in the mid 40's. Cold for Phoenix, and the thin
blood types....

Giant Yukon MTB Girl wrote:
<snip>
> You guys will notice the bikes I had, the Schwinn I had stolen (RIP,
> but prob chopped & sold for drugs last year :-( )

Doubt it got chopped. Probably being used by the chinese food delivery
guy...

> The new cam I will certainly take pics of my trails here and
> surrounding Toronto, as well as the trails back home. An ex boyfriend
> from school (one of many I still am good friends with) now owns a bike
> shop which serves the surrounding 5 hour radius back home so he gets
> all the business and he stocks alot of stuff. I'm so proud of him. He
> used to train me on sprints up hills when we road biked together like
> hell raisers all over the county. I did my first 100K race with him.
> He'll likely loan me one of his specialized bikes (like yours Matt)
> next summer again and I have relatives with a managed forest with
> hundreds of acres on a north mountain overlooking Bay of Fundy that I
> will be taking pics of as well.

If you go way, way, way, way back in this newsgroup you can read my
collections of ride reports when I lived in TO. I even had hundreds of
photos that I posted up from many trails, one day I hope to put them
all back online when I get the time. I mention many, many trails that
you can check out. What bike shop? I used to know many people in the
industry. I used to road race and train with the Mississauga Road Bike
Club many moons ago...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!