allow myself to introduce.......myself

JohnB300M

Aug 7, 2003
hey everyone, i live in the states, chicago here. i have a Spitfire FV3 by Pacific, Aluminum frame, full suspension. SIS Shimanno 21 speed with Acera Rapidfire shifters, and my handlebars say "Horizon" all over them. rear suspension is a large spring around a small strut, dont know if its gas or fluid filled. the fork has dual shocks, dont know if it has internal springs or not, its non adjustable, it says "ground assault" on the shocks.

do i have a good bike? go ahead, be honest, i can take it.....
to be frank, i'd like a better bike. but this one will suit me till i'm
out of college.
its outside all the time in the rain and snow. in fact i just had to have the rear derailleur cable replaced cuz it siezed.

peace!

john:cool:

OKAY, i can take a hint...nobody answering me, yet 21 viewers.
i'll just fade away into the oblivion of unreplied threads.

sorry for the slow reply, i have never heard of the brand of the bike before, the handlebars, or the front suspension.

how much was this bike? when did u get it?

Originally posted by JohnB300M
hey everyone, i live in the states, chicago here. i have a Spitfire FV3 by Pacific, Aluminum frame, full suspension. SIS Shimanno 21 speed with Acera Rapidfire shifters, and my handlebars say "Horizon" all over them. rear suspension is a large spring around a small strut, dont know if its gas or fluid filled. the fork has dual shocks, dont know if it has internal springs or not, its non adjustable, it says "ground assault" on the shocks.

do i have a good bike? go ahead, be honest, i can take it.....
to be frank, i'd like a better bike. but this one will suit me till i'm
out of college.
its outside all the time in the rain and snow. in fact i just had to have the rear derailleur cable replaced cuz it siezed.

peace!

john:cool:

Sounds like good transportation-a commuter bike. If your interested in mountain biking or racing XC or free riding or epics the bike is not suited for that. Save your money for a better bike, but keep the old one for commuting around on. I usually have a bike to commute or piddle around on that if stolen, my wallet and heart aren't broken.

I think you have an awesome bike. It's right up there with my tip shop special, which I was lucky enough to pick-up for $10 because some heathen was cruel enough to throw away a perfectly good bike. It has one speed, back-peddle brakes, a lugged frame, one mudguard and a lovely blue paint-job with hand-painted pin-stripes and fancy-work.

Remember that a bicycle is the single most effecient form of transport ever devised, and even a slow bike is a vast improvement on any other form of transport.

James.