almond "flour"

.. Assuming Dr Phil style that overeating is only
> psychological is a mistake. Assuming Dr Atkins style
> that overeating is only from physical causes is a
> mistake.

this is a misrepresentation of Atkins. Atkins is specific that overeating
can be caused by BOTH physical and psychological triggers.

Sid...

sprudil wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
> . Assuming Dr Phil style that overeating is only
> > psychological is a mistake. Assuming Dr Atkins style
> > that overeating is only from physical causes is a
> > mistake.

> this is a misrepresentation of Atkins. Atkins is specific that overeating
> can be caused by BOTH physical and psychological triggers.

The Atkins Nutritional Approach addresses only the physical
aspects in the directions.

There are plenty of points that Dr A mentions, supports,
and then basically wishes you well on the implmentation.
Judging the right amount of dietary fat or protein is one
example of this - Atkins has you count carbs and figures
the others will work out okay. Mention of psychological
issues is another. It's mentioned but no methods are
offered.

I don't mind that the book specializes in the physical
aspects. The book has to be small enough to lift easily.
If it mentioned everything it would be enormous and it
would not be popular. Beyond that, the physical aspects
are subject to objective testing and they are better
understood. I regularly write about the dance of hormones
in level after level of feedback loops, well beyond what
is discussed in the Atkins books. That level of
understanding of psychological issues, I'd love to find it
documented somewhere.

"Doug Freyburger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sprudil wrote:
>> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>>
>> . Assuming Dr Phil style that overeating is only
>> > psychological is a mistake. Assuming Dr Atkins style
>> > that overeating is only from physical causes is a
>> > mistake.

>> this is a misrepresentation of Atkins. Atkins is specific that
>> overeating
>> can be caused by BOTH physical and psychological triggers.

> The Atkins Nutritional Approach addresses only the physical
> aspects in the directions.

Actually it addresses both but doesnt focus on the psychological.

> I don't mind that the book specializes in the physical
> aspects.

Here you use the term specializes which is fair enough but your original
characterization was not.

Sid...

sprudil wrote:
> Doug Freyburger wrote:
>
> >> . Assuming Dr Phil style that overeating is only

> >> this is a misrepresentation of Atkins. Atkins is specific that
> >> overeating
> >> can be caused by BOTH physical and psychological triggers.

> > The Atkins Nutritional Approach addresses only the physical
> > aspects in the directions.

> Actually it addresses both but doesnt focus on the psychological.
>
> > I don't mind that the book specializes in the physical
> > aspects.

> Here you use the term specializes which is fair enough but your original
> characterization was not.

Atkins mentions psychological issues. He does not offer
methods for doing anything about psychological issues.
It looks like we disagree on what "addresses" means. For
you it includes mention, for me it includes some sort of
suggested action, if I understand what you've written.