Almost a disaster...

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by D.Currie, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. D.Currie

    D.Currie Guest

    I knew today was going to be busy, and I had some free time yesterday, so I
    decided to make a batch of ravioli and some sauce yesterday so I could just
    cook the noodles and heat the sauce for dinner tonight. Then my brain went
    completely to sleep and I put the completed ravioli into a Ziploc bag and
    put them in the fridge.

    Sometime in the middle of the night I realized that I had done a *very
    stupid thing* and went right back to sleep. This morning I pried off the
    ravioli that hadn't become part of the Big Clump, and put the clump back
    into the fridge. I wasn't sure if I'd have enough ravioli for dinner, but I
    had enough to be worth boiling some water. Sigh...

    When I finally got back home today, I decided that the Clump was
    salvageable. They were cheese ravioli, nothing chunky or lumpy...so they
    went into the kitchenaid for a little knead. I added some extra flour, then
    kneaded them by hand a bit. Then through the pasta roller a few times. Got a
    nice smooth texture. Cut them into fettuccini-sized strips.

    I had some left over garlic chicken that I had other plans for, but given
    the ravioli shortage, I cut the chicken up, heated the sauce & chicken,
    added some lemon juice and cheese, and called it sauce.

    Cooked the surviving ravioli and some sauce, cooked some of the new noodles
    to go with the garlic/chicken/lemon/cheese sauce. Called it dinner.

    It could have been a disaster, but in the end, it all worked out ok. I've
    got enough cooked stuff left a lunch or two, and I've got a batch of noodles
    drying for later use. I think they'll be really good with just a little
    butter or oil. If I had more time, I probably would have made a cheese bread
    instead of noodles, but now that I'm thinking about it, I might do a cheesy
    bread this weekend. I'll probably do some ravioli for the freezer, too,
    since I seem to be in a noodly mood.

    --
    Donna

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "D.Currie" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I knew today was going to be busy, and I had some free time yesterday, so I
    > decided to make a batch of ravioli and some sauce yesterday so I could just
    > cook the noodles and heat the sauce for dinner tonight. Then my brain went
    > completely to sleep and I put the completed ravioli into a Ziploc bag and
    > put them in the fridge.

    <snipped>

    Nice save!
    And the noodles sounded tasty!