Almost collected him

Tony Raven

Guest
Waited to turn left at the red traffic lights this morning. Lights changed to green, I set off.
Cyclist comes bombing down the hill towards his red lights, carries on at full speed, spots me and
the car behind turning across in front of him, big squeal of his tyres and swerves onto the other
side of the road - fortunately no cars there. As he recovers and comes back onto the correct side of
the road I turned to him and said "You went through a red light" His reply?

"Sorry mate I didn't see them"

Oh well

Tony

> Waited to turn left at the red traffic lights this morning. Lights
changed
> to green, I set off. Cyclist comes bombing down the hill towards his red lights, carries on at
> full speed, spots me and the car behind turning
across
> in front of him, big squeal of his tyres and swerves onto the other side
of
> the road - fortunately no cars there. As he recovers and comes back onto the correct side of the
> road I turned to him and said "You went through a red light" His reply?
>
> "Sorry mate I didn't see them"

Proof you do not need a car to be a pillock on the road.

Tony Raven wrote:
> Waited to turn left at the red traffic lights this morning. Lights changed to green, I set off.
> Cyclist comes bombing down the hill towards his red lights, carries on at full speed, spots me and
> the car behind turning across in front of him, big squeal of his tyres and swerves onto the other
> side of the road - fortunately no cars there. As he recovers and comes back onto the correct side
> of the road I turned to him and said "You went through a red light" His reply?
>
> "Sorry mate I didn't see them"
>
> Oh well
>
> Tony

Dozy chuff.

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely.

> Waited to turn left at the red traffic lights this morning. Lights
changed
> to green, I set off. Cyclist comes bombing down the hill towards his red lights, carries on at
> full speed, spots me and the car behind turning
across
> in front of him, big squeal of his tyres and swerves onto the other side
of
> the road - fortunately no cars there. As he recovers and comes back onto the correct side of the
> road I turned to him and said "You went through a red light" His reply?
>
> "Sorry mate I didn't see them"
>
> Oh well
>
> Tony

I have found that "**** Head" is perfect for situations like this. It's a great put down which isn't
so offensive that it gets you into fights and can be used towards both men and women and is quite
hard to reply back to.

"You went through a red light" "Sorry mate I didn't see them" "You **** Head!"

Drinky wrote: down which isn't so offensive that it gets you into fights and can

You reckon? I tried calling some ****** in a car a **** head and got floored for my trouble.

Simon Proven wrote:
> Drinky wrote: down which isn't so offensive that it gets you into fights and can
>
>> be used towards both men and women and is quite hard to reply back to.
>>
>> "You went through a red light" "Sorry mate I didn't see them" "You **** Head!"
>

> You reckon? I tried calling some ****** in a car a **** head and got floored for my trouble.

Try cockmaster next time.

Tony Raven wrote:

> Waited to turn left at the red traffic lights this morning. Lights changed to green, I set off.
> Cyclist comes bombing down the hill towards his red lights, carries on at full speed, spots me and
> the car behind turning across in front of him, big squeal of his tyres and swerves onto the other
> side of the road - fortunately no cars there. As he recovers and comes back onto the correct side
> of the road I turned to him and said "You went through a red light" His reply?
>
> "Sorry mate I didn't see them"

Perhaps he wasn't looking for them. Most cyclists that I see in town seem to think red lights are
not for them. They even give me a funny look because I am waiting at the red light. Frankly, I find
most cyclists quite careless when you consider how vulnerable they actually are in traffic.