almost puked

Canzures

Nov 16, 2003
this might be the first time I have experienced this, but last night I did about a 15 mile training ride that involved alot of hills....I began riding a roadie last month to get fit and seems to be working as I'm getting better at climbing and the extra weight are starting to come off...but last night after making it home and gulping two ice cold water bottles, after about 30 minutes I began to feel nautious....I think maybe it was my body telling me that I need to refuel, and I didn't feel better until after I had dinner.....

I'm thinking that I had such a great workout that it almost caused me to hurl, that is a good sign right???

Canzures said:
...I'm thinking that I had such a great workout that it almost caused me to hurl, that is a good sign right???
No, it's not a good sign......

Take it a bit easier, ramp up your workload and intensity. Fuel yourself before, during, and especially after your rides and don't chug ice water when you get home. Fitness comes from steadily increasing mileage and intensity a bit and only a bit above your current fitness levels. Riding till you hurl or ending up with really sore legs the next day won't do much for sustainable workouts day to day, week to week and month to month. That's what'll lead to greater fitness.

Good luck and stick with it,
-Dave

thanks foe the help, i'll try to be better prepared next time and bro g some gels or sports and more water, I have two cages but only brought one bottle with me.

daveryanwyoming said:
No, it's not a good sign......

Take it a bit easier, ramp up your workload and intensity. Fuel yourself before, during, and especially after your rides and don't chug ice water when you get home. Fitness comes from steadily increasing mileage and intensity a bit and only a bit above your current fitness levels. Riding till you hurl or ending up with really sore legs the next day won't do much for sustainable workouts day to day, week to week and month to month. That's what'll lead to greater fitness.

Good luck and stick with it,
-Dave
I myself know that I haven't had a hard ride unless I have ridden so hard that my testicles are real sore. Clearly sore testicles are a good sign!:) Next you will be telling me that the extreme ass chaffing I get at the end of a century doesn't mean that I have given it my best. :p