Alp D'Huez training team

Crazy Hamster

Jun 7, 2007
Hi I'm Chris from the Crazy Hamster Crew. I'm here to make some friends and hopefully get some support for our Alp D'Huez charity ride. I won't waffle on but please check out our training blog at http://crazyhamstercrew.blogspot.com if you've got any training tips or ride plans let us know.

I hope you all get out of cycling the fun that we do. We find signing up for these organised rides really forces us to get out there,

Take care, keep pedalling! Chris

So maybe I didn't submit the most interesting post but take a look at our blog. Even gemma atkinson has sent us a pic of her wearing just a towell!

So anyone got any tips for the Alp?

Crazy Hamster said:
So maybe I didn't submit the most interesting post but take a look at our blog. Even gemma atkinson has sent us a pic of her wearing just a towell!

So anyone got any tips for the Alp?
Hiya Hamster, have had the pleasure (ahem) of riding up the Alp 4 times and the best advice I could give you would be to take it real easy the first couple of km's as they are pretty much the steepest on the climb and can easily break anybody not used to riding proper mountains.

Also if you get to "Dutch Corner" and a really drunk guy offers you some water say no otherwise he will tip a bucket of ice cold water from a nearby stream over your head causing you to lose all ability to breathe and nearly make you the first person to drown cycling up a mountain :D

Best of luck with the ride and with the fundraising for a great cause. I look forward to following your progress.

Dont Stop!!!