Alpe D`Huez and a Polar dip....

rolfdevinci

Oct 5, 2003
....all on a Wednesday night. :eek:

Ran into the spin class instructor(who is a cyclist) today and I asked him what he had planned for tonight`s class. He didn`t have it put together yet so I suggested I needed some tough climbing to help burn off some work place stress.

Well.....needless to say we did the 21 switchbacks of the AdH in class tonight. Essentially an hour of climbing in zones 3 and 4 for the most part.
Wow...I sure can feel it in the body right now.

Anyway I head to the showers feeling groovy only to find out there is no hot water! March in Canada means cold showers are freaking frigid. Oh well.....couldn`t be that bad right?

Wrong.........the cycling made me suffer but the shock of cold water on a sweating hot body was nasty!GASP! It actually hurt.

Must have looked real nice.....one naked fool jumping in the shower then back out, soaping up a body part then jumping back in then back out.All the while exclaiming how bloody cold the water was. :D

...needless to say we did the 21 switchbacks of the AdH in class tonight. Essentially an hour of climbing in zones 3 and 4 for the most part.
Wow...I sure can feel it in the body right now.

Explain to me (us) how spinning works with a spicific climb? I am a little familiar with computrainer where you can cycle through different Ironman bike cources...?